First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Japanese protest American military base
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 30.4894° N, 86.54...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15 , edited 5/19/15

trivialite wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea why Japan, South Korea and Germany haven't kicked the U.S. out already. U.S. should do all it's Pacific operations from Guam. But, then again I'm not American.


There's a point in history called World War II that may explain things to you, if you'd care to look it up.

Also, I didn't know Germany was located anywhere near the Pacific.
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 30.4894° N, 86.54...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15 , edited 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



No, we probably can not resolve our debate. And if I had to list all of the things that have made me hate the United States I would be here all night.

You think because England goes along with whatever America does, that means we are all for it. Well no it doesn't. It just means our government and politicians are too scared to stand up against you. You're bigger and stronger than us, there's no way we would win a war. And your country seems to be extremely temperamental. We're worried enough as it is that you might start World War III for no good reason.

You carry on thinking all of those countries are your allies if you like. But the truth is America is one of the most powerful countries in the world so it's better to just nod and say "yes USA, whatever you say". It's much safer that way. I hope it never ever happens, but if another country ever invades or attacks England I have absolutely no faith that the USA will help us. I hope we would make it through somehow. But such an event like that did occur and the USA didn't intervene at all and did absolutely nothing, I would not be surprised in the slightest.


It might interest you to know that people are the same wherever you go. Yeah, you might watch the British Top Gear (that's the only one worth watching), you might have a different flag design, and even different accents, but you'll find ignorant people everywhere. These "Americans" you hate are the same people that live across the street from you. They're the ones you don't get along with at work/school.

And as far as I can tell, your misconceptions and negative views are only contributing to the problem. Like someone who's racist propagating racism against the majority. It doesn't matter if you're in the minority; still makes you a racist (metaphorically speaking).

If you really want to know what the U.S. would do if Britain was attacked, all you have to do is (some obvious historical research) know what Britain would do if our positions were reversed. Would you (meaning your government) help us if you were the Big Brother? There's a ton of reasons (even in the self-interest realm) why the U.S. would, and much fewer why they wouldn't. It's a simple equation of logic. Honestly, I can't help but feel you're going to have a very troubled life ahead of you with your outlook on reality.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

UnComikal wrote:


trivialite wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea why Japan, South Korea and Germany haven't kicked the U.S. out already. U.S. should do all it's Pacific operations from Guam. But, then again I'm not American.


There's a point in history called World War II that may explain things to you, if you'd care to look it up.


Actually the Korean War is more germane for South Korea than WWII.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


I don't plan on ever going anywhere near the USA so i doubt my outlook will affect me that much. And the British Top Gear is not worth watching at all. Normally I like to defend my country but that show is a terrible mistake we gave the world, and Jeremy Clarkson is a talentless overpaid twat that thinks he can get away with anything, including hitting a colleague at work.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
Nice to see you all ganging up on the one brit who dared to voice their true opinion. Just like the real life world, you amerians think you own the internet as well. Thanks for making my beliefs that much stronger.
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Clearwater, Florida
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

iamtheredseven wrote:

They've been arguing about that base for about a decade now.


>Over A Decade



Oh, how I LOATHE Bureaucracy.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Nice to see you all ganging up on the one brit who dared to voice their true opinion. Just like the real life world, you amerians think you own the internet as well. Thanks for making my beliefs that much stronger.




Well, we won't own it much longer, I think Obama sold it off.

Truth be told, we do have a history of ganging up on the Brits, for good reason.

https://youtu.be/JVAKghnzxzM

But don't listen to us, listen to forum Brits on the subject of being a subject.
28602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15 , edited 5/19/15
As an American I love you guys and gals over on the British Isles. You can hate me all you want, but when when you're in big trouble, I'll come running to help you anytime anywhere. Why? because in general Americans love the Brits, the Aussies and the Canuks. Hate us all you want, it doesn't mean that I'll hate you or your own. I'll always be grateful to the Brits for being with all of us when the chips are down. Just like Canada and America, we like to talk a lot of smack to each other, but when it get's tough we lock step...why is that? Because we like chili dogs and hate the NY Yankees!!. God save the Queen! Please be patient and kind, you'll bump into a Yankees (they are the worst kind of American) fan that isn't a bad sort, and figure out that most people just want to live and love. There are a few rotten ones, and they are the ones who scream the loudest, you have to listen for the quiet gentle voices.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


I don't hate every single american. You for example seem nice, and i'm glad to hear you like us brits. But unfortunately most of your country doesn't feel the same way. I wish it did. If all Americans were like you we would probably get along great and genuinely be allies.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


I quite like Obama. Obviously I can't really judge him properly since I don't live in America. But from the little I know he seems more democratic than most former presidents. The USA shouldn't really control the whole world.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



I quite like Obama. Obviously I can't really judge him properly since I don't live in America. But from the little I know he seems more democratic than most former presidents. The USA shouldn't really control the whole world.


Too bad we are a Republic, not a democracy.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


Not a democracy? Hmm, that explains a lot.
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 30.4894° N, 86.54...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

Gafennec wrote:


UnComikal wrote:


trivialite wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea why Japan, South Korea and Germany haven't kicked the U.S. out already. U.S. should do all it's Pacific operations from Guam. But, then again I'm not American.


There's a point in history called World War II that may explain things to you, if you'd care to look it up.


Actually the Korean War is more germane for South Korea than WWII.


Very true. For some reason my brain only saw Japan and Germany...
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

UnComikal wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Actually the Korean War is more germane for South Korea than WWII.


Very true. For some reason my brain only saw Japan and Germany...


No fears Mate.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Nice to see you all ganging up on the one brit who dared to voice their true opinion. Just like the real life world, you amerians think you own the internet as well. Thanks for making my beliefs that much stronger.


I thought I was civil in our discussion. I apologize if you felt that I was bullying you. Gomennasai.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.