WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Witcher 3
12767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
a witcher anime?
ooh could be like claymore and berserk

also could be like the supernatural anime
Posted 6/27/15

gamingflow69 wrote:

I beat it. It was a great game. Sadly the Framerate was horrible on ps4. Dropped to like 10 when it rains which is 50% of the time. Rest of the time its like 20fps. I would highly recommend getting it on pc and I easily have over 60 hours in game.


That has't happen to me. I play for several now and not once did that happen to me.
Posted 6/27/15
So many bugs..

Floating people, running up to people to start quests but having to wait for like two minutes because for some reason I can't start the dialogue, running inside a building just to see that there's no walls and I can see through the world, etc. I still absolutely love the game though, easily have spent like 60+ hours and I'm still on my first playthrough.
3510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 6/27/15
I'm tempted to get this on Steam. Should I go for that or should I get it on Xbox One or PS4 (whenever I get one)?
Posted 6/27/15 , edited 6/27/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I'm tempted to get this on Steam. Should I go for that or should I get it on Xbox One or PS4 (whenever I get one)?


You can also get it on GOG you get extra goodies with it. Anyway how is your PC? I'd say go were you think it will run the best. If you have a PC that can do it, it's a beautiful game on the higher settings.
3510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 6/27/15

nooneinparticular wrote:


rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I'm tempted to get this on Steam. Should I go for that or should I get it on Xbox One or PS4 (whenever I get one)?


You can also get it on GOG you get extra goodies with it. Anyway how is your PC? I'd say go were you think it will run the best. If you have a PC that can do it, it's a beautiful game on the higher settings.


What is GOG? Is it another game streaming site? By the way, my PC is a Lenovo Y70 Touch laptop which is supposed to be very good for gaming. The only game I have downloaded so far is "DOA 5:Last Round" on it, but it doesn't play half bad.
17913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 6/27/15
If I wasn't so hyped about The Phantom Pain, I'd label this game as GOTY. The least I could do is concur with people's feelings about how great this game is.

This game deserves "Best Soundtrack of 2015", though. Oh, and 16:34 of this video.
Posted 6/27/15 , edited 6/27/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:


nooneinparticular wrote:


rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I'm tempted to get this on Steam. Should I go for that or should I get it on Xbox One or PS4 (whenever I get one)?


You can also get it on GOG you get extra goodies with it. Anyway how is your PC? I'd say go were you think it will run the best. If you have a PC that can do it, it's a beautiful game on the higher settings.


What is GOG? Is it another game streaming site? By the way, my PC is a Lenovo Y70 Touch laptop which is supposed to be very good for gaming. The only game I have downloaded so far is "DOA 5:Last Round" on it, but it doesn't play half bad.


GOG.com is CDPR's Steam competitor, it's DRM free and a lot of their games come with extras like sound tracks etc. I don't know off hand what comes with the Steam version of Witcher 3 but it might be worth comparing. I know you get the sound track and a digital comic with GOG version.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_preorder

I am not familiar with the performance of the GTX 860m in Y70, but a quick look at Witcher 3 benchmarks for it seems to do ok but would probably struggle with higher settings. Which isn't unexpected it is a mid-range GPU after all, so on par with a console.
1131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
To be honest, I've never been so enthralled playing a game before. Everything about the game is phennominal, from the (downgraded?) graphics to the music, to the endless top of the line voice acting that truly immerses you in the plot. People can nit pick at stuff like bugs and downgraded graphics, but to be honest I've not seen such a polished game at release in years, bugs included. I'm at 90+ hours and still have not completed the game. Now that's bang for your buck. I can honestly say it's the best game I've ever played.
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
Now with swaying trees that will even bend those who tried to bend nature (no avatar can bend like they used to)
3348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/1/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


gamingflow69 wrote:

I beat it. It was a great game. Sadly the Framerate was horrible on ps4. Dropped to like 10 when it rains which is 50% of the time. Rest of the time its like 20fps. I would highly recommend getting it on pc and I easily have over 60 hours in game.


That has't happen to me. I play for several now and not once did that happen to me.


Game have probably been updated alot since then. During my first 30 hours it would only drop to 20fps when it rained after that point it honestly got to the point it was like 10-15fps when raining. Pretty unplayable when several things are attacking you and all you can do is barely run. However when there was no rain involved it felt amazing on ps4. The Witcher 3 was easily the best game I played this current gen. Though it had its optimization issues for sure. Especially when the game first came out day 1.
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/1/15
Used to run at 40 fps, now getting solid 60 fps 90% of the time after all the patches. That right there is something. The game itself is huge with lots of well-crafted side contents. However, I feel the manner in which they present you side content makes it feel like a checklist, riding from job board to job board, from question mark to question mark, doesn't feel natural. However, once I start the side quests, I'm immediately sucked in and I forget all about that. The story is excellent, the world-building phenomenal, the writing is the best I've ever seen, and the visuals and lightning effects, regardless of what anyone says is breathtaking during the clear mornings at Skellige and the afternoons in Velen/Novigrad.
Sailor Candy Moderator
215389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/15/17
Forum Clean up. Old 2015 threads locked
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.