First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Why all the threads on Feminism?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

Nightblade370 wrote:

I'm not saying feminism is bad or anything and it should be talked about, but doesn't it seem kinda weird that they are everywhere despite this being an anime site?

Before you say it, I know this is a general discussions forum, but I want to know: why do so many people want to create these threads? Why does there seem to be more feminism threads than threads about other civil rights issues? Why do people feel so strongly about supporting or opposing the movement? Is it something in the news or in politics right now?

I intend to keep myself neutral on this discussion on feminism itself since I have no intention of influencing the direction of the thread, but I still want to know.


Because people get paid by governments, corporations and so on to promote different agendas on the internet. There are people whose job legitimately is to sit on the computer all day and post comments on social media sites trying to manipulate the public perception on various topics.There are professional "shills" on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and even Crunchyroll.

If you want to know why Feminism in particularly is being pushed so hard, look up "Cultural Marxism" and "Identity Politics".
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
Well feminism is a subject that alot of people here are very passionately for(Blue Oni, Deer, Me) or very passionately against (Maxgale, Freddy, Misstake) this lends itself to long drawn out discussions that last a while. All in all its a good topic to have that being said we do have multiple threads running about it at the same time which is kind of redundant.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

bobsagget wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

I'm not saying feminism is bad or anything and it should be talked about, but doesn't it seem kinda weird that they are everywhere despite this being an anime site?

Before you say it, I know this is a general discussions forum, but I want to know: why do so many people want to create these threads? Why does there seem to be more feminism threads than threads about other civil rights issues? Why do people feel so strongly about supporting or opposing the movement? Is it something in the news or in politics right now?

I intend to keep myself neutral on this discussion on feminism itself since I have no intention of influencing the direction of the thread, but I still want to know.


Because people get paid by government, corporations and so on to promote different agendas on the internet. There are people whose job legitimately is to sit on the computer all day and post comments on social media sites trying to manipulate the public perception on various topics.There are professional "shills" on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and even Crunchyroll.

If you want to know why Feminism in particularly is being pushed so hard, look up "Cultural Marxism" and "Identity Politics".




Buddy I think your on the wrong website. /pol/ is on 4chan.
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

saksiss wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying. Well I don't believe everybody should have an opinion on it either. It's just another "thing" in this world. Frankly, I applaud all those who don't care to have an opinion on it. Just goes to show you that they, like myself, don't get roped into this whole mole hill turned into a mountain, deal. They get 2 thumbs up and a cookie.


If you let problems sit there and do nothing about it, the mole hill actually does become a mountain. That's all I have left to say, I'm tired of talking to you, I don't mean to offend.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

piratequeen369 wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying. Well I don't believe everybody should have an opinion on it either. It's just another "thing" in this world. Frankly, I applaud all those who don't care to have an opinion on it. Just goes to show you that they, like myself, don't get roped into this whole mole hill turned into a mountain, deal. They get 2 thumbs up and a cookie.


If you let problems sit there and do nothing about it, the mole hill actually does become a mountain. That's all I have left to say, I'm tired of talking to you, I don't mean to offend.


Personally while I agree with you that ignoring problems only make it work, I dont believe one should go after neutral people.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

Nagato-san wrote:


erudite2961 wrote:

There are so many threads on Feminism here because geek/nerd culture is highly misogynistic and hostile towards its female members, and it's a problem that needs to be addressed.


Where does this come from? Is there some report or data I missed out on stating this? Likewise, what constitutes "nerd/geek"? I think you're tilting at windmills my friend.


Cultural attitudes and trends cant be boiled down to statistics. But you've seen gamergate haven't you? Shits pretty misogynistic.
56932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

megahobbit wrote:
But you've seen gamergate haven't you?


That is a good lead-in for my answer to the topic question. The different branches of pop culture fandom have been countering identity politics – the Social Justice movement, if you will – at different rates, and it has started coming 'round to anime / manga fandom, albeit in a limited fashion (because the Japanese creators of the media we enjoy generally don't give a damn about these things and aren't affected by them unless their Japanese fans bring them up). The same was more or less true for video game fandom until recently, when Gamergate sort of kicked it into the spotlight.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


megahobbit wrote:
But you've seen gamergate haven't you?


That is a good lead-in for my answer to the topic question. The different branches of pop culture fandom have been countering identity politics – the Social Justice movement, if you will – at different rates, and it has started coming 'round to anime / manga fandom, albeit in a limited fashion (because the Japanese creators of the media we enjoy generally don't give a damn about these things and aren't affected by them unless their Japanese fans bring them up). The same was more or less true for video game fandom until recently, when Gamergate sort of kicked it into the spotlight.


Honestly anime/manga aint gonna be affected by what happens over here.
Posted 5/21/15
Anime, manga, gaming, comics....They aren't misogynistic. It's like 5% of their fanbase that is. It's annoying when a whole group of people is told they are something when I for sure as hell am not.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

AiYumega wrote:

Anime, manga, gaming, comics....They aren't misogynistic. It's like 5% of their fanbase that is. It's annoying when a whole group of people is told they are something when I for sure as hell am not.


Personally I disagree. I see alot of sexism in the community and alot of sexist tropes are repeated throughout the media in question. Doesnt mean the media in question is bad though.
Posted 5/21/15

megahobbit wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

Anime, manga, gaming, comics....They aren't misogynistic. It's like 5% of their fanbase that is. It's annoying when a whole group of people is told they are something when I for sure as hell am not.


Personally I disagree. I see alot of sexism in the community and alot of sexist tropes are repeated throughout the media in question. Doesnt mean the media in question is bad though.


It's like saying the entirety of a loaf of bread is bad because two pieces are uneven.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

AiYumega wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

Anime, manga, gaming, comics....They aren't misogynistic. It's like 5% of their fanbase that is. It's annoying when a whole group of people is told they are something when I for sure as hell am not.


Personally I disagree. I see alot of sexism in the community and alot of sexist tropes are repeated throughout the media in question. Doesnt mean the media in question is bad though.


It's like saying the entirety of a loaf of bread is bad because two pieces are uneven.


Its like saying that 85% of the loaf has bad spots on it but its still edible and delicious. You just have the acknowledge that it has bad spots and try and make better bread in the future.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
There is currently an internet war going on and one of the main reasons for the war are differing views on what equality is.
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

megahobbit wrote:

Personally while I agree with you that ignoring problems only make it work, I dont believe one should go after neutral people.


who's going after neutral people?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

piratequeen369 wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

Personally while I agree with you that ignoring problems only make it work, I dont believe one should go after neutral people.


who's going after neutral people?


Well you. Going after is a bit of an overstatement but I feel demanding people have a stance on an issue is rude.


Why must you keep yourself neutral? Look at facts and make a decision don't just be neutral because it's safer and don't want to offend people. Look at facts, men and women as individuals do deserve equal rights but at the moment they do not have equal rights, it's hard to see which gender has more of the disadvantage. But at the same time, men and women think differently and are biologically different. In short, men and women because they are individuals first and foremost deserve equal rights but are NOT equal because they have different strengths and weaknesses.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

piratequeen369 wrote:
I don't understand how being raised in a "lesbian headed" household means anything. By the way, that sounds interesting.

I can find girl for you if you want too XD

What happends out of it (little bit effected by it else its most about gamergate and the gag order from Zoe Quinn)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgWEBEgykhs
Also alot have happend "recent" getting a bit old stuff now, but else there have been alot of cases involving Feminism/feminist actions and that so many belive that you HAVE to be in it in order to be equal that would not justify the meaning of equal when you have to be in a female movement for equal rights etc.

So then they could just be humanist if they want a label anyway.

and you can check these videos for more info (take it in or leave it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8T4nSTCWA
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.