First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Is a new world war upon us?
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15
During the last few years western counties have invested more and more on military and surveillance to counter things terrorism groups like IS and al qaida. On the other side of things we've also got counties like Russia whom have claimed they'll have military superiority by 2020 while also violating the airspace of both Sweden and the UK which have led ´to politicians to consider investing more into their military forces including using propaganda to get people to support lillitery investments and forward thinking. We've also got China who is investing in artificially created islands for it's military in the South China Sea (international water). But in addition to this we've also got North Korea whom is investing in it's nuclear programs that can potentially create nuclear weapons.

So what do you think, are we headed for a third worldwar?


sources;

9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15


I get to us this twice in one day.

No a world war nowdays would involve everyone getting nuked off the face of the earth. We fight proxy wars now.
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
we will be heading towards it at some point, it could be now, who knows? Humans becoming more civil is a lie, we're just greedy beings who've worked our way up the food chain in structured and organized chaos and with that same chaos, we fight among ourselves.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
I doubt it.
Propaganda just wants you to think there will be a war because if you don't enlist, politicians will have to do humiliating things like diplomacy.
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15
the key is to adapt and none of that you mention will be confronted head on. China and Russia will probably try to do a number on the western psychology. It could just be that Russia is trying to raise its people's moral. Russia's biggest goal to me is to establish reliability. China has interests/relations with both the US and Russia. China is looking to become the world's fifth reserve. Russia is trying to sell oil to China. The IS problem is a different matter and the most likely to cause chaos. But i do believe it will probably destroy itself from the inside.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

severticas wrote:

the key is to adapt and none of that you mention will be confronted head on. China and Russia will probably try to do a number on the western psychology. The IS problem is a different matter and the most likely to cause chaos. But i do believe it will probably destroy itself from the inside.


We've also got NK, NK glories "leader" Kim yong un did after all consider going to war over a few DVD's as well as threat the US whit a nuclear war
Posted 5/21/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


severticas wrote:

the key is to adapt and none of that you mention will be confronted head on. China and Russia will probably try to do a number on the western psychology. The IS problem is a different matter and the most likely to cause chaos. But i do believe it will probably destroy itself from the inside.


We've also got NK, NK glories "leader" Kim yong un did after all consider going to war over a few DVD's as well as threat the US whit a nuclear war


Well, the leader is proving to be a little temperament and kind of like a child which underlines his lack of experience.. He could very well be dangerous. The key is to let him make noise.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
In the end, the true winner here are the weapons manufacturers.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

severticas wrote:


Well, the leader is proving to be a little temperament and kind of like a child which underlines his lack of experience.. He could very well be dangerous. The key is to let him make noise.


Well NK have built up it's military especially in the last decade or so. So they could be a threat, however we don't really know how much of a threat they would be since we don't know how big their military is.

And his temperament may be what fires him off into getting his nation into military conflicts whit other nation(s)
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

LONGNAMEYOUWONTMISS wrote:

In the end, the true winner here are the weapons manufacturers.


There are plenty of counties around the globe where governments manufactures their own weapons, so in some counties this is just burning tax payers money...

However companies such as Saab, metal storm, imber and etc is getting quite a lot of money from counties building up their military, so your right. Weapon manufactures are the true winners here
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


severticas wrote:


Well, the leader is proving to be a little temperament and kind of like a child which underlines his lack of experience.. He could very well be dangerous. The key is to let him make noise.


Well NK have built up it's military especially in the last decade or so. So they could be a threat, however we don't really know how much of a threat they would be since we don't know how big their military is.

And his temperament may be what fires him off into getting his nation into military conflicts whit other nation(s)


Building up military is a good thing for any country depending on the type of assault they are expecting. The biggest threat is cooperation with another/more country. But all threat is considerable. I do think that knowing all the key players is good enough to stop any future major mar.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
We are about 25 years overdue for a world war. Overpopulation, world's failing economies, dwindling resources... all point to a LARGE culling of the herd in our near future.

We don't need so many people when robotics is only a handful of years away from replacing 30-40% of the workforce. You can expect the world's population to drop by at least that much.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


severticas wrote:

the key is to adapt and none of that you mention will be confronted head on. China and Russia will probably try to do a number on the western psychology. The IS problem is a different matter and the most likely to cause chaos. But i do believe it will probably destroy itself from the inside.


We've also got NK, NK glories "leader" Kim yong un did after all consider going to war over a few DVD's as well as threat the US whit a nuclear war


Jesus Christ NK will never fucking invade another country. Ever. The moment they do this China will cut off all contact with them which pretty much destroys there already weak economy and opens the door for the US to run in and invade the territory.
4674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
The world will have to get a WHOLE LOT shittier for there to be a new world war. Even with the polar nations now arguing about how they will divide the soon-to-be resources of the north pole(since it's melting) there will not be a world war over it.

I think the 1984(orwell) scenario is more likely to happen before a new war takes place. Even with NK and Russia's recent aggressivity, they know it is not in their best interest to start a war. They need to keep this world as it is as much as the rest of the nations.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
World War Three? Naw,M.A.D.Nuclear weapons wouldn't leave any room for even the arms manufacturers or any regime to survive.They'd just become the richest and the most powerful people in a graveyard. It's not just weapons companies that are enriched by arms manufacture, it's also the many people employed and sustained directly and indirectly through the arms producers ensnarled infrastructure.I'm all for redirecting economies away from war materiel production but peoples fear is a powerful force that seems to have an infinite potential for politicians to exploit.When all else fails politicians wrap themselves in any nearby flag in an attempt convince people that in the world of paternalistic multinationals creating weapons to store in a bunker is a matter of national pride.Look what happened in the US after 9/11.The Patriot Act,the AUMF, and torture..Politicians couldn't wait to take rights away and throw the rule of law under the bus in the name of freedom.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.