First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Is a new world war upon us?
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

Kikusui10 wrote:


megahobbit wrote:



I get to us this twice in one day.

No a world war nowdays would involve everyone getting nuked off the face of the earth. We fight proxy wars now.


Well technically most nations have entered a treaty banning the use of nuclear weapons. The likelyhood of someone dropping a nuke is very small, as it stands now it's nothing more than a threat. If one nation were to try it would immediately get nuked back though, thus leading to what you mentioned. The possibility of infantry and artillery war is possible but also not very huge. Right now the nations are mostly in a pissing contest to try hold the upper hand. As you say if there were to be a war, hacking would be the main point. Of course that could lead to destructions of societies in a different way.


You see thats the moment an infantry war started all treaties are off hence nukes. You seriously believe everyone is gonna play fair in war. Proxy wars is the way to go know.
7511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / In a world that d...
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
Any of the major powers going to war with each other would be disastrous. Everyone knows this. I highly doubt a full on world war would break out any time soon. There would have to be extremely radical shifts in world power and economic balance for anyone to have the guts to provoke any of the nations on the Security Council against each other.

Well, maybe except Putin, that guy is a megalomaniac and his portrayal in Russian media doesn't do anything to ease those concerns, that, and the meme law.
10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
Thanks. I was struggling for reason to kill myself. Thanks for giving me loads more. -_-
26208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15
Well, either John Titor was right about 2015 or Titor managed to stop it by achieving a 5% divergence rate from his original timeline. Only Madoka knows what will happen next.



47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/22/15

KisaiGate wrote:


There are already countless wars going on around the globe. And I'm not saying "Members of the security council is going to war" since that won't happen. But what I think is plausible is that a war breaks lose from someone like North Korea and maybe south korea/USA, china is afterall North KOrea's most valuable ally. And China is only supporting North Korea 'cause they don't want US military bases right at their border. And if NK goes to war then that'll lead to China being dragged into it since they do not want USA right at their borders since that'll both lead NK citysens to flee over the border.


eclair-lumiere wrote:

Thanks. I was struggling for reason to kill myself. Thanks for giving me loads more. -_-


Don't kill yourself over a theory... Keep in mind that there probably won't be a thing happening and that this is just a thread that's proving nations around the globe are building up their military forces
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15
say a war does begin, there's probably not going to be nuclear weapons used because the rest of the world would turn on the first country to use nukes and either that country would be destroyed or riddled with war, or the world would be plunged into nuclear war potentially causing a world wide catastrophe. and if you live in America,like my self , and the war comes here, then like other country's at war we must take up arms fight for for your life your family and your country. after all were no better than any country we have brought the wars too.

and the part about country's turning on each other due to using nuclear weapons, that's because a set of "laws" on war set to protect humanity, therefore anyone breaking these "laws" is saying you have no regard for humanity and you might as well be planning to to end humanity. at that point the entire world is against that one country. and the laws are permanent so no deceleration of war nullifies these laws
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/22/15

CSPower wrote:

say a war does begin, there's probably not going to be nuclear weapons used because the rest of the world would turn on the first country to use nukes and either that country would be destroyed or riddled with war, or the world would be plunged into nuclear war potentially causing a world wide catastrophe. and if you live in America,like my self , and the war comes here, then like other country's at war we must take up arms fight for for your life your family and your country. after all were no better than any country we have brought the wars too.

and the part about country's turning on each other due to using nuclear weapons, that's because a set of "laws" on war set to protect humanity, therefore anyone breaking these "laws" is saying you have no regard for humanity and you might as well be planning to to end humanity. at that point the entire world is against that one country. and the laws are permanent so no deceleration of war nullifies these laws


Well, I never said there would be a nuclear world war. However what I did ask was if you think there's gonna be a new world war since a lot of counties are arming up.

Also, considering nuclear weapons... Russia have more Nuclear warheads then the US, so if anything then their nuclear war preperations are going forward...
Posted 5/22/15
Only if people let it happen. We have a choice, Destroy everything humanity has work hard for or stop the B.S. and get along and find away to get off this planet and get away from each other.
29920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
No world war but a war where all countries team up to wipe out ISIS...
5056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
I could give two ****'s about a world war 3
6383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

No world war but a war where all countries team up to wipe out ISIS...


That would be a world war three, There are more than a few countries who would love to exploit the chaos that ISIS would bring, North Korea, china and most of the middle east just to name a few.
10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/22/15


I won't kill myself over a theory but if it was officially announced that WWIII had started, I would before things got out of hand.
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
Nobody is stupid enough to be the first to trigger a nuclear war. Most superpowers would only chance to lose money rather than make it in a global scale war. It's much cheaper and more profitable to trade or negotiate instead.

Also where still at a tech level where nukes still wins out against the most advanced gun or superior numbers or highly trained war fighters.
Basically, every nuclear power has the means of rendering most war tech that isn't anti-nuke to slag.

Meaning Einstein's prediction would come true.
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 5/23/15
Depends on who is the next POTUS....
29920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/15
Those countries aren't stupid enough to associate with the barbaric animals known as ISIS. ISIS is using their religion in a wrong way for their means of killing and those other countries don't follow that stupid religion.

The main war we have to fear is the war of religion, which is why I believe we should ban religion!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.