First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Judges reduce jail time for abuser because victim was gay
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

Two Argentine judges are under fire after cutting the sentence of a paedophile in half on the grounds that his six-year-old victim was gay.
Describing the now 11-year-old as having a “homosexual orientation”, appeal court judges Horacio Piombo and Benjamín Sal Llargués decided to cut the prison sentence for Mario Tolosa from six years to three, as they felt his victim was “accustomed to sexual behaviour” following years of abuse by his father.


http://www.independent.ie/world-news/child-abuser-has-sentence-halved-as-judges-rule-sixyearold-victim-was-gay-31241346.html
Dahrc 
16474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sootopolis City
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15
Oh yeah, because he's gay he must have wanted it right, which totally justifies the reduction. Give me a break!
18036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
This makes absolutely no sense and is still intensely: rebuking, disgusting, horrifying, horrific, evil .
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
Freakin' ridiculous. How did they even allow that
Posted 5/21/15
Rapists & pedos deserve like 20+ years in prison for each victim. Hope he gets beaten to death in there.
39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
"because victim was gay"
"as they felt his victim was “accustomed to sexual behaviour” following years of abuse by his father"

Your title and offered statement doesn't match.

Is it because he was gay? or because he had sex before? Don't get me wrong the whole thing sounds
dumb but they didn't say it was because he was gay. Why does society tolerate this type of stuff? Why
can't we have the death penalty for pedos? Society never wants them unsupervised after they are caught
why go to all that trouble? If a mans attracted to a man we say you can't change him but when a mans
attracted to kids we can change him with counseling?
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
This is a problem not only in Latin countries but in America to. It shouldn't matter what the victim orientation turned out to be. Anyone that hurts a child that way should get an automatic 15+ years in prison or if the country there in allows it a death sentence.
A few more cases where we have wild judges in America
http://www.eurweb.com/2014/04/jaw-dropper-man-admits-to-rape-of-his-two-toddlers-judge-says-no-prison-because-he-wont-fare-well-watch/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/01/12/light-sentence-for-child-molester-leaves-vermont-judge-under-fire.html

Luckly I haven't heard or read of any recent cases this year.

I wish no matter what country these loony judges are in there was a way to immediately remove from the bench. These people give the good men and women who wear the robes a bad name.
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
4752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / A rock in the mid...
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/21/15
Good job, Argentina.
/sarcasm
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

anzn wrote:
Rapists & pedos deserve like 20+ years in prison for each victim.


Rapists, sure, but why should someone who hasn't committed a crime be punished?


ssjwes1980 wrote:
Why can't we have the death penalty for pedos? Society never wants them unsupervised after they are caught
why go to all that trouble? If a mans attracted to a man we say you can't change him but when a mans
attracted to kids we can change him with counseling?


We don't have the death penalty for pedophiles because we shouldn't punish people who haven't committed crimes, and it definitely shouldn't be that extreme. Therapy for convicted sex offenders focuses on making sure they don't re-offend (and it works, since recidivism rates for such things are the second lowest of any crime), and therapy for pedophiles, when they decide to seek it out in rare cases, revolves around dealing with depression and anxiety if the therapist knows what they are doing.

There is a very large difference between rapists and pedophiles. In fact, most sex offenses against children are committed by non-pedophiles.
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
One of those backward countries that punishes the victims instead of the rapists.

Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
that makes absolutely no sense

not just the gay thing, but also the "it's ok because kid was 'accustomed to sexual behavior' " like what the?
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15

Schmooples wrote:


anzn wrote:
Rapists & pedos deserve like 20+ years in prison for each victim.


Rapists, sure, but why should someone who hasn't committed a crime be punished?


ssjwes1980 wrote:
Why can't we have the death penalty for pedos? Society never wants them unsupervised after they are caught
why go to all that trouble? If a mans attracted to a man we say you can't change him but when a mans
attracted to kids we can change him with counseling?


We don't have the death penalty for pedophiles because we shouldn't punish people who haven't committed crimes, and it definitely shouldn't be that extreme. Therapy for convicted sex offenders focuses on making sure they don't re-offend (and it works, since recidivism rates for such things are the second lowest of any crime), and therapy for pedophiles, when they decide to seek it out in rare cases, revolves around dealing with depression and anxiety if the therapist knows what they are doing.

There is a very large difference between rapists and pedophiles. In fact, most sex offenses against children are committed by non-pedophiles.


Are you
Are you trying to defend pedophiles?
You are seriously sounding like some kind of pedopholia apologist.
Honestly, I haven't heard of one pedo who HASN'T committed any crimes. They either be molesting little kids or own some kind of child pornography. Which are both illegal obviously.
You'd be surprised how many pedophiles get away with it. Ever notice how you practically ALWAYS hear about reports of pedophilia commited against younger boys? Because for some reason in most parts of society, its totally ok & normal be attracted to younger girls. & that's disgusting. I bet there would be at least 100x more reports of pedophilia if this wasn't considered to be "normal" or "ok" to be attracted to young girls. Which is most likely why people would rather kill off/change homosexuals than pedos.
Statistics don't mean shit btw. Most of them are always modified to their favor or literally are useless at one point reletively quickly.

2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

anzn wrote:

Are you
Are you trying to defend pedophiles?
You are seriously sounding like some kind of pedopholia apologist.
Honestly, I haven't heard of one pedo who HASN'T committed any crimes. They either be molesting little kids or own some kind of child pornography. Which are both illegal obviously.
You'd be surprised how many pedophiles get away with it. Ever notice how you practically ALWAYS hear about reports of pedophilia commited against younger boys? Because for some reason in most parts of society, its totally ok & normal be attracted to younger girls. & that's disgusting. I bet there would be at least 100x more reports of pedophilia if this wasn't considered to be "normal" or "ok" to be attracted to young girls. Which is most likely why people would rather kill off/change homosexuals than pedos.
Statistics don't mean shit btw. Most of them are always modified to their favor or literally are useless at one point reletively quickly.


Why would you hear about people who haven't committed crimes? It would make no sense to spend all day reporting on who this or that person didn't break the law. The non-offending pedophiles, the majority of pedophiles in existence, are the ones you don't hear about. Fear sells... If you took the news at face value for every crime, as you seem to do with child abuse, you would think that every other person is a murderer and all cops are crooked.

What society are you talking about when you claim that it is considered normal to be attracted to young girls? That certainly isn't the case in the West, and really, most parts of the world. Whether a person is attracted to young girls or boys doesn't make a difference in the (unjust) hatred they face, and whether a criminal abuses a boy or a girl doesn't make a difference in the (just) punishment and hatred they face. Pedophiles are the current boogeymen, no longer gays. I don't understand where on earth you are pulling this stuff from. You also wouldn't really have "reports of pedophilia," since pedophilia is an attraction rather than an action.

Statistics are valuable, actually, so long as they are properly gathered. If statistics were inherently worthless, it wouldn't be a field of study and they wouldn't be so widely used. Hell, governments spend a good bit of money on censuses, which are nothing but statistics.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
Rape is rape.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.