First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Judges reduce jail time for abuser because victim was gay
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/24/15

Schmooples wrote:


anzn wrote:
Rapists & pedos deserve like 20+ years in prison for each victim.


Rapists, sure, but why should someone who hasn't committed a crime be punished?


ssjwes1980 wrote:
Why can't we have the death penalty for pedos? Society never wants them unsupervised after they are caught
why go to all that trouble? If a mans attracted to a man we say you can't change him but when a mans
attracted to kids we can change him with counseling?


We don't have the death penalty for pedophiles because we shouldn't punish people who haven't committed crimes, and it definitely shouldn't be that extreme. Therapy for convicted sex offenders focuses on making sure they don't re-offend (and it works, since recidivism rates for such things are the second lowest of any crime), and therapy for pedophiles, when they decide to seek it out in rare cases, revolves around dealing with depression and anxiety if the therapist knows what they are doing.

There is a very large difference between rapists and pedophiles. In fact, most sex offenses against children are committed by non-pedophiles.


Just realized we only hear from you when you want to "remind" everyone that paedophilia isn't the sexual act....we get it.

It's a matter of colloquial language where pedophiles/paedophilia mean the love of our act. That's how common language works.

2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/24/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


Two Argentine judges are under fire after cutting the sentence of a paedophile in half on the grounds that his six-year-old victim was gay.
Describing the now 11-year-old as having a “homosexual orientation”, appeal court judges Horacio Piombo and Benjamín Sal Llargués decided to cut the prison sentence for Mario Tolosa from six years to three, as they felt his victim was “accustomed to sexual behaviour” following years of abuse by his father.


http://www.independent.ie/world-news/child-abuser-has-sentence-halved-as-judges-rule-sixyearold-victim-was-gay-31241346.html


It would stand to reason for them to get more time based on the fact the boy was sexually abused by his father and therefore more likely to comment as sexual abuse, and advise victims in general, often lead to less resistance to said abuse out of survival instinct.
3488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Guarding your Shack
Offline
Posted 5/24/15
Wow...
29968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/24/15
Jesus, that's why I don't believe a judge should make a decision for a case. They fuck up like this
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/24/15

retronatrix wrote:
Just realized we only hear from you when you want to "remind" everyone that paedophilia isn't the sexual act....we get it.

It's a matter of colloquial language where pedophiles/paedophilia mean the love of our act. That's how common language works.


I talk about a lot more around the forums than just that. The times I raise these points are far from the only times I talk; however, I am quite vocal about this issue. I'm in the small minority that isn't swept up in this hysteria and so I feel like I need to speak, whereas for many other issues my voice is just a drop of water in a lake.

People may have the tendency to simplify things too heavily to the detriment of other groups, but that does not make it right in the least. A group of people who have an attraction they cannot change, didn't choose, and most likely wouldn't act on it should not by synonymous with rapist or monster. That's one reason I make it a point to speak out against the incorrect usage.


anzn wrote:
So basically you're saying, they haven't actually done anything yet, therefore, shouldn't actually take action. Idk about you, but I'm not gonna treat someone I KNOW who is a pedophile & treat them like they're not potential threat. But you are acting like I am just guessing, & making assumptions. ????

Also not really but w/e you say.


Everybody is a potential thief, a potential rapist, a potential murderer. Why don't you treat everyone as a potential criminal, then?
When you get right down to it, you are swept up into the same hysteria nearly everyone else is, and ignoring that fact, you are a bigot. It's a fact that most convicted sex offenders are not pedophiles - they are tested and proven to be primarily attracted to adults (65%, well over half, are teleiophiles). So what other reason do you really have for being so full of hate and fear for a group of people that are stuck with an unfortunate orientation that they most likely will never act on?


anzn wrote:


Nalaniel
Pedophile ≠ rapist. A pedophile is a person that is sexually attracted to minors, but that doesn't mean they are going to rape someone. And as I have heard a lot of times, most rapists are heterosexual males. Raping isn't about attraction, it's about demonstration of dominance.


and water is wet.
'Pedophile' & 'Rapist' are often associated with each other, however. So its perfectly reasonable for people to automatically think a pedophile is also a rapist too.

It really isn't reasonable by any stretch. The logic here is completely circular (people use them as synonyms, therefore people can use them like synonyms). This mindset, that the orientation is inseparable from the abuse, is nothing but harmful. To society, to innocent pedophiles, and to children as well. Nothing can be gained by treating innocents like villains, removing incentive not to be a villain.

You repeated, time and time again, that you make good points and arguments, that you hold to common sense: I've seen none of it. You basically chant that pedophiles are bad, without any evidence or thought to why. Also, it's a little sad that you continue to insinuate that myself or others being the voice of reason are pedophiles; it shouldn't be so hard to think that people can take a stand without self-interest or hope of reward.
Posted 5/24/15 , edited 5/24/15

Schmooples wrote:


retronatrix wrote:
Just realized we only hear from you when you want to "remind" everyone that paedophilia isn't the sexual act....we get it.

It's a matter of colloquial language where pedophiles/paedophilia mean the love of our act. That's how common language works.


I talk about a lot more around the forums than just that. The times I raise these points are far from the only times I talk; however, I am quite vocal about this issue. I'm in the small minority that isn't swept up in this hysteria and so I feel like I need to speak, whereas for many other issues my voice is just a drop of water in a lake.

People may have the tendency to simplify things too heavily to the detriment of other groups, but that does not make it right in the least. A group of people who have an attraction they cannot change, didn't choose, and most likely wouldn't act on it should not by synonymous with rapist or monster. That's one reason I make it a point to speak out against the incorrect usage.


anzn wrote:
So basically you're saying, they haven't actually done anything yet, therefore, shouldn't actually take action. Idk about you, but I'm not gonna treat someone I KNOW who is a pedophile & treat them like they're not potential threat. But you are acting like I am just guessing, & making assumptions. ????

Also not really but w/e you say.


Everybody is a potential thief, a potential rapist, a potential murderer. Why don't you treat everyone as a potential criminal, then?
When you get right down to it, you are swept up into the same hysteria nearly everyone else is, and ignoring that fact, you are a bigot. It's a fact that most convicted sex offenders are not pedophiles - they are tested and proven to be primarily attracted to adults (65%, well over half, are teleiophiles). So what other reason do you really have for being so full of hate and fear for a group of people that are stuck with an unfortunate orientation that they most likely will never act on?


anzn wrote:


Nalaniel
Pedophile ≠ rapist. A pedophile is a person that is sexually attracted to minors, but that doesn't mean they are going to rape someone. And as I have heard a lot of times, most rapists are heterosexual males. Raping isn't about attraction, it's about demonstration of dominance.


and water is wet.
'Pedophile' & 'Rapist' are often associated with each other, however. So its perfectly reasonable for people to automatically think a pedophile is also a rapist too.

It really isn't reasonable by any stretch. The logic here is completely circular (people use them as synonyms, therefore people can use them like synonyms). This mindset, that the orientation is inseparable from the abuse, is nothing but harmful. To society, to innocent pedophiles, and to children as well. Nothing can be gained by treating innocents like villains, removing incentive not to be a villain.

You repeated, time and time again, that you make good points and arguments, that you hold to common sense: I've seen none of it. You basically chant that pedophiles are bad, without any evidence or thought to why. Also, it's a little sad that you continue to insinuate that myself or others being the voice of reason are pedophiles; it shouldn't be so hard to think that people can take a stand without self-interest or hope of reward.


Let me guess, you mean to say its persecuted due to a belief based on apprehended sex offenders who have proven to be dangerous sexual predators of underage children and adolescents. While I concede to you that one pedophile is harmless, another may not be.That unknown fear that an adult is going to be nearby and might stalk, rape, or even kill a child to keep him/her quiet or from escaping, fuels the groupthink. Like the stigma of mental illness, its more socially constructed due to fear and perceived danger than anything physical, like that? However the statistics are troubling. www.yellodyno.com/html/child_molester_stats.html‎ theweek.com/articles/479986/pedophilia-guide-disorder‎ www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter.../pessimism-about-pedophilia‎ www.gwu.edu/~ccps/etzioni/B388.html‎

Even so, no. not all pedophiles or sex offenders are evil, thats silly. But the fear spread in those links is contagious. Yes, those links are contended. www.livescience.com/776-predator-panic-reality-check-sex-offenders.html‎ www.aic.gov.au/publications/current%20series/tandi/.../tandi429.html‎ whyfiles.org/154pedophile/3.html‎ www.corrections.com/.../24500-facts-and-fiction-about-sex-offenders‎

Might as well read both some. I have no opinion on pedophiles but on child molestation, because the innocent child is defenseless. Nothing more I can say but good luck raising awareness of the difference if that is your goal.

2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/24/15



I couldn't get any of your links to work. However, there is widespread misinformation about the nature of child abuse, just as there is about the nature of pedophilia itself.

Most children are abused by somebody close to the family or even a family member; an uncle, family friend, step parents, or even parents in some cases. The fear of children be kidnapped or rapped by dangerous predators that lurk in the shadows is largely overplayed. In a vast majority of cases, the abuser is not a pedophile but rather a situational offender - they may be drunk or otherwise corrupt in judgment and have only a child around rather than a preferred adult. In other cases, the abuse is more about dominance and causing pain - these instances are almost never committed by pedophiles.

While a majority of abusers are not offenders, it should also be noted that the abusers that are pedophiles also have other mental or emotional problems. Many exhibit antisocial behaviors and are misanthropic in general. Some people would argue that these factors are the result of the stigma placed on pedophiles, the hate they receive, but regardless of whether that is the case or not, one thing should be clear: pedophilia is not the risk factor.

The fear and hate are the result of several things: society's tendency to establish boogeymen, failure to distinguish between innocents and villains, conflation of pedophiles with rapists, overemphasizing instances of abuse and misrepresentation of fact, and various other things. Not a single one of these factors are reasonable or beneficial. My point here is really only to remove stigma from pedophilia: it would be better for everyone if pedophiles could be themselves without fearing for their lives or constantly being showered with hate. They would have better lives, they would have much more incentive not to break the law, and they would be able to come forward to seek counseling or therapy if they start to feel that they might offend.
Posted 5/24/15
Why this dude still trying to defend pedos omggg
5991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / NB / US
Offline
Posted 5/24/15 , edited 5/24/15
Stop trying to defend pedophiles, holy shit, it's wrong. Whether they suffer mental issues or not, it's wrong, and these people shouldn't be around children at all. Point blank.
17486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 5/24/15
This news makes me want to stab myself in the face
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.