First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply A Mom Publicly Shamed Her 13-Year-Old Daughter For Posing In A Bra On Facebook
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
Had it been my daughter I would have just deleted the account and made her use my computer under full supervision until she regained my trust or graduated... whichever came first. Then again my child never would have done it more than once once.. I supervise her net use because she's still very young.
We set up rules about internet use that will change according to her age and responsibility...
This mother could have handled it better and should have dealt with the problem the first time.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Are you having a bad day ? Because usually you make smart comments.


Nah, better than grown men wanking off to your kid. Her parent just embarased her temporarily. Who says other kids didnt know? this kid was flashing anyone including old guys.

I think your approach would just be one of fear, imagine as she grows up she attracts people who delibertely coerce her and blackmail her? if she's not strong enough to deal with her parents corrective action then she has no chance.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
It looks more like the mothers approach is one of fear to control what her daughters does. You seem blind to the damage that would do or has already done judging by the way she has already acted on facebook and whatnot. Mother failed then and is sadly making it worse now with this video.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

severticas wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Are you having a bad day ? Because usually you make smart comments.


Nah, better than grown men wanking off to your kid. Her parent just embarased her temporarily. Who says other kids didnt know? this kid was flashing anyone including old guys.

I think your approach would just be one of fear, imagine as she grows up she attracts people who delibertely coerce her and blackmail her? if she's not strong enough to deal with her parents corrective action then she has no chance.


No you are wrong. That is not the right way to go about it. I will handle way differently. The way it was handle was through fear and shaming. The only thing you get out of that. is temporally mindless obedience. If was me, I will have delete the account. I will find the real reason has to why she was doing that. and deal with it. This could be signals of a bigger problem that just was made worst by the action of the mother. And this situation can be use to blackmail her in the future too. I swear a master degree in psychology should be a requirement to be a parent. And just because somebody is weak-will is not a excuse to do this to her. Not every person is a strong person who can handle shaming on their own. Most people handle it by having caring people with them, sadly not everybody has those kind people who would stop them from going into depression and stop them from killing them self.
Posted 5/22/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


severticas wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:

Are you having a bad day ? Because usually you make smart comments.


Nah, better than grown men wanking off to your kid. Her parent just embarased her temporarily. Who says other kids didnt know? this kid was flashing anyone including old guys.

I think your approach would just be one of fear, imagine as she grows up she attracts people who delibertely coerce her and blackmail her? if she's not strong enough to deal with her parents corrective action then she has no chance.


No you are wrong. That is not the right way to go about it. I will handle way differently. The way it was handle was through fear and shaming. The only thing you get out of that. is temporally mindless obedience. If was me, I will have delete the account. I will find the real reason has to why she was doing that. and deal with it. This could be signals of a bigger problem that just was made worst by the action of the mother. And this situation can be use to blackmail her in the future too. I swear a master degree in psychology should be a requirement to be a parent. And just because somebody is weak-will is not a excuse to do this to her. Not every person is a strong person who can handle shaming on their own. Most people handle it by having caring people with them, sadly not everybody has those kind people who would stop them from going into depression and stop them from killing them self.


- doubt she'd cooperate.
- she'd just open a new faceook
Think that's enough to make those actiions a waste of time.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
I heard the audio and thought it was funny. I don't know how the mom got her daughter to do that. but im pretty she wont be on fb anytime soon
Posted 5/22/15


Easy solution. I ether kill the internet in the house or I take away her computer. That include the internet in her phone and everything else. Just because I am caring doesn't mean I don't put the foot down. I will also take her first to a psychologist or counselor before doing anything else.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

KarenAraragi wrote:



Easy solution. I ether kill the internet in the house or I take away her computer. That include the internet in her phone and everything else. Just because I am caring doesn't mean I don't put the foot down. I will also take her first to a psychologist or counselor before doing anything else.


okay, she complains to one of her online friends... he/she happens to make her feel like she deserves better... they text one another.. she runs away from home.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
Nothing worse than being shamed in public... 11 million people saw that video.. thats REAAAAAAAAALLY embarrassing, all this is going to do is make the daughter hate her mother.

Posted 5/22/15
1. Mom is an attention seeker selling her kid out for some friends on Facebook and fame. Trying to get on Ellen or something. That's disgusting.

2. Who is gasping for air filming that video? Get yourself checked out, my man.

3. Moms name is "Val HairLyfe Starks", and she said she's a convicted felon. Please. Just stop. The glass house breaks both ways.

4. She's blaming the system. How come the system didn't cause all 13 year olds to act like this? Scapegoating of course.
Posted 5/22/15

AiYumega wrote:

1. Mom is an attention seeker selling her kid out for some friends on Facebook and fame. Trying to get on Ellen or something. That's disgusting.

2. Who is gasping for air filming that video? Get yourself checked out, my man.

3. Moms name is "Val HairLyfe Starks", and she said she's a convicted felon. Please. Just stop. The glass house breaks both ways.

4. She's blaming the system. How come the system didn't cause all 13 year olds to act like this? Scapegoating of course.


lol maybe i should watch the video.. i'm too lazy.
Posted 5/22/15


It's more of an audition for Good Morning America than anything else. I could see money signs in the mothers eyes.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

severticas wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:



Easy solution. I ether kill the internet in the house or I take away her computer. That include the internet in her phone and everything else. Just because I am caring doesn't mean I don't put the foot down. I will also take her first to a psychologist or counselor before doing anything else.


okay, she complains to one of her online friends... he/she happens to make her feel like she deserves better... they text one another.. she runs away from home.


I know martial arts, it will not end well for the other person. And she can't text without her phone, because that the first place I am checking and I will remove her phones privileges if a caught her doing any of this. Like I say. I am nice but not stupid. And if her reason was something really stupid.... I will send her to military camp.

edit I will also track her ass down with GPS. Has much has I will give her 100 percent freedom. Any thing electronic is going to have GPS inside. I will not hear any argument from anybody in the house.
Posted 5/22/15

AiYumega wrote:



It's more of an audition for Good Morning America than anything else. I could see money signs in the mothers eyes.


i don't watch those types of shows if it's like that Jeremy Kyle crap -.-
Posted 5/22/15


Nah, Good Morning America is a news show.We here in the US love to wake up and watch pretty reporters talk about the "news" of the day, for 4 hours no less.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.