First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What do Americans need to do to rise up in animation
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/22/15


I blame crybaby parents that try and have banned Tex Avery cartoons.
13250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Death ✭
Offline
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15
What do Americans need to do to rise up in animation?

Nothing. I think is all about preference. You may like anime more than American cartoons or think that something needs to be done to rise up in animation, but there are people who prefer American cartoons over anime. It all depends on the person. Also asking that question on an anime only website isn't really going to give you the answer that your looking for with all the biased opinions.
14562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
american cartoons are complete and utter garbage these days. What happend to the good ol DUCK TALES or DARKWING DUCK? Pinky and the brain? loony toons! although i hear they are gonna be bringing duck tales back because the guy who wants to bring it back said "american children these days havent grown up with the fun adventure that is duck tales" Cartoons today just suck. not funny, crappy drawings, boring episodes. liked the 90s and earlier american classics. however anime is my love! anime is life! lol
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
Well, Disney is pretty hella good still, and.. the animation style is unique to the artist, that's your opinion.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/27/15
nothing can touch courage the cowardly dog show
Posted 5/22/15

severticas wrote:

nothing can touch courage the cowardly dog show


Bobby's World.
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/15

deadscreen wrote:

I know im 28 and cartoons are probably out of my range now but whats with the crappy American cartoons. I hate Family Guy, Toonami, Ben 10 Alien, Adult Swim, The Simpsons. Aqua Teen is played out and so is Robot Chicken. even the cgi films these days are crappy too. so what gives


Sounds like you hate everything that isn't anime...

I kind of get what you mean though. If you are a cartoon you always have to be comedic. And if there is action it better be family friendly. The scope of what animation can be is much more narrow when compared to anime.
Posted 5/22/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


severticas wrote:

nothing can touch courage the cowardly dog show


Bobby's World.


i just googled that and it reminds me of the adventures of tintin
Posted 5/22/15

severticas wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


severticas wrote:

nothing can touch courage the cowardly dog show


Bobby's World.


i just googled that and it reminds me of the adventures of tintin


Never watched it.
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/27/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Never watched it.


still...

Posted 5/22/15

severticas wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Never watched it.


still...



That show was fine and all but against something like Beast Wars: Transformers? It's got no chance.
Posted 5/22/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

That show was fine and all but against something like Beast Wars: Transformers? It's got no chance.


how so?
Posted 5/22/15

severticas wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

That show was fine and all but against something like Beast Wars: Transformers? It's got no chance.


how so?


How could it not be so? Beast Wars, Batman, X-Men etc...they all are a million times better than Courage. But that is probably just me preserving my childhood since Courage came around when I was older. Going back to actually watch any of them is quite cringeworthy. Especially that time I went to YouTube to see a little of the Double Dragon cartoon. What a disaster....
Posted 5/22/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


severticas wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

That show was fine and all but against something like Beast Wars: Transformers? It's got no chance.


how so?


How could it not be so? Beast Wars, Batman, X-Men etc...they all are a million times better than Courage. But that is probably just me preserving my childhood since Courage came around when I was older. Going back to actually watch any of them is quite cringeworthy. Especially that time I went to YouTube to see a little of the Double Dragon cartoon. What a disaster....


I see, Courage is like diamond. Courage is love, Courage is life
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/22/15

severticas wrote:



I see, Courage is like diamond. Courage is love, Courage is life


No way. Even Earthworm Jim was better than Courage.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.