First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply The fat acceptance movement is the only movement that can be defeated by actual movement.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
Discuss
Posted 5/26/15
lmfao.
Nice.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/26/15 , edited 5/26/15
hahaha nice bc u kno the fat acceptance movement is gonna be predominantly with fat people and to stop the movement is movement because then they are not fat anymore haha u r really smart and cunning #screenshot #newdesktopwallpaper
Posted 5/26/15 , edited 5/26/15
That's a start, lmfao.
Posted 5/26/15
Well I heard some where breaking scales in certain stores
also a fat women went out & walked around in I think Hollywood in a bikini.
What else have they done besides bash thinner people on the internet?
I'm not against the movement at all, but they don't seem to be doing much from what I see.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
lol.. fat acceptance..

Its not like anyone has anything against overweight people in the first place, but you cant force anyone to be attracted to you.
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
IT'S ALL ABOUT SOCIETY'S IMAGES IN THE MEDIA!!
(Until you say, "Hey, race ya to the corner"...)

If I'm not sentimental for the fat-acceptance movement, it's because I already belong to the militantly Disabled movement, and I can't ride a mobility scooter in public without someone thinking I'm 300lbs and dangerously diabetic. (I'm 200 and not.)
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/26/15

anzn wrote:

Well I heard some where breaking scales in certain stores
also a fat women went out & walked around in I think Hollywood in a bikini.
What else have they done besides bash thinner people on the internet?
I'm not against the movement at all, but they don't seem to be doing much from what I see.


Well another thing they're good at is being deluded. Like that Tess Holliday 'Super-Size Model'. Says she is 280 pounds when she is at least 350. Then you have a bunch of land whales looking up to her thinking it's now okay to be obese and covering up their laziness by shoving 'body positivity' down peoples throats, even though there is nothing positive about it...
7493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / In a world that d...
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
Hahaha, great zinger there.

If it's a body shaming thing, okay, I don't go around telling random people to get in shape anyway because everyone's got their problems and I'm a bit out of shape myself, but if you're making a movement out of it, at least give me good faith that you're doing something to rectify the problem, if at all possible. Some people can't and that's okay, primarily due to disability or metabolic issues. But when I hear you want to embrace "body positivity" or something like that, I hope that you're trying to to reverse your obesity....primarily for your sake.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
Posted 5/26/15 , edited 5/26/15
I was constipated last week and a movement took care of that pretty successfully.

omg de ja vu??
Posted 5/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Well I heard some where breaking scales in certain stores
also a fat women went out & walked around in I think Hollywood in a bikini.
What else have they done besides bash thinner people on the internet?
I'm not against the movement at all, but they don't seem to be doing much from what I see.


Well another thing they're good at is being deluded. Like that Tess Holliday 'Super-Size Model'. Says she is 280 pounds when she is at least 350. Then you have a bunch of land whales looking up to her thinking it's now okay to be obese and covering up their laziness by shoving 'body positivity' down peoples throats, even though there is nothing positive about it...


People can carry weight differently. She might actually be 280 or around there.
But the thing is, I think maybe a lot of them aren't going the right way when doing this movement. There are actually some people who can't help it. Either by slow metabolism or some disease.
The point really is to just get rid of the negative stereotypes of fat people. Not all fat people are out of shape, lazy, gross, etc whatever. Also society has seem to mess up the image of a fat & out of shape person. It actually affects others who aren't actually fat in reality, but they think so just bc they don't have a thigh gap or flat stomach.
But...a lot of them I've run into are in reality just kinda upset the fact guys won't date them bc they're fat. Those people who you are thinking about totally ruin the movement. Kinda like how white feminists totally ruined feminism.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
Well I'll be damned... you actually got me to crack a smile with this.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/26/15 , edited 5/26/15

KisaiGate wrote:
Some people can't and that's okay, primarily due to disability or metabolic issues.


Remember even this isn't true. People with disabilities, even ones told they would never walk again, have shown you can go from obese -> healthy if you try. Now for those people, they need that motivation, it's a struggle for them. Then we have the lazy asses who sit on tumblr demanding we respect them, and they act like they have the same struggles as those other people because apparantly they to suffer from 'some' disability.


anzn wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Well I heard some where breaking scales in certain stores
also a fat women went out & walked around in I think Hollywood in a bikini.
What else have they done besides bash thinner people on the internet?
I'm not against the movement at all, but they don't seem to be doing much from what I see.


Well another thing they're good at is being deluded. Like that Tess Holliday 'Super-Size Model'. Says she is 280 pounds when she is at least 350. Then you have a bunch of land whales looking up to her thinking it's now okay to be obese and covering up their laziness by shoving 'body positivity' down peoples throats, even though there is nothing positive about it...


But...a lot of them I've run into are in reality just kinda upset the fact guys won't date them bc they're fat. Those people who you are thinking about totally ruin the movement. Kinda like how white feminists totally ruined feminism.


I agreed with what you said, so I just quoted this part to add; that's another double standard I don't like. When a guy is overweight and girls don't want him or laugh at him, it's deemed that he must get in shape to get that girl. When a girl is overweight and guys don't want her, suddenly the guy is a misogynist pig and can't handle real curves lmao.
Posted 5/26/15
"Fat acceptance."

Yet another thing to thank Tumblr for...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.