First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Student protests school dress code. Throws crop-top day.
Posted 5/28/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:



I have no words for this stupidity. Wearing school uniform is dehumanizing? Fuck me, we got kids who wish they could go to school and have an education, then we have entitled, deluded idiots that clearly spend too much time on tumblr making this stuff up. Sexist and rape culture how? They dress half naked, get more attention from boys because, it's simple biology which isn't sexist, but they use that excuse to try push forward their agenda forward. You don't hear guys complain when a girls are creaming their panties over whatever guy is on their magazine or when they share pictures with each other on social media. And I know it's not all of them, my younger sister is a moron but no on these kind of levels.

I mainly think it's a phase, these people will look back and wonder just what the hell they were doing. But until then we have a bunch of entitled idiot's that want to dress like they're going to the beach and everyone must be okay with it otherwise 'omfg rape culture'. It's no wonder they're not happy, they have to try compete with everything and anything, they're just not happy.


This thread wasn't even made an hour ago & this guy is already here.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 5/28/15
Rape culture only exists in tumblr.
Posted 5/28/15
Aren't kids learning in school or what? You have a voice, use it for something that matters. Not something this idiotic.
Posted 5/28/15
I wish her the best of luck in finding a decent career outside of being a stripper.
Posted 5/28/15

the-komplicated-girl wrote:

Aren't kids learning in school or what? You have a voice, use it for something that matters. Not something this idiotic.


But how can they do that....if they are being dresscoded....then sent home for showing midriff.....
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/28/15 , edited 5/28/15
It was halter tops, mini skirts, and shorts when I went to school,but 16 years later the same school sent one of my daughters home with an 1/2 inch of belly button showing.
Posted 5/28/15
Say what.
Posted 5/28/15

anzn wrote:

But how can they do that....if they are being dresscoded....then sent home for showing midriff.....


There is a dress code for a reason. Preventing these teenagers/kids to dress in a provacative way. Breaking the rules means being sent home or detention. She retaliated by wearing a crop top, why wouldn't she be sent home?
Posted 5/28/15 , edited 5/28/15

the-komplicated-girl wrote:


anzn wrote:

But how can they do that....if they are being dresscoded....then sent home for showing midriff.....


There is a dress code for a reason. Preventing these teenagers/kids to dress in a provacative way. Breaking the rules means being sent home or detention. She retaliated by wearing a crop top, why wouldn't she be sent home?


"Provocative."

We might as well be wearing dresses covering up every part of are body but our face like in the 1800s
I assure you, most girls don't go to school dressing like they going to the beach.
That picture is LITERALLY the most skin they show when in school.
I guess showing our legs & shoulders & midriffs are so provocative it gives every boy in a 20 mile radius a boner? Then all the blood in their brain goes to their dick, preventing them to get an education.
Damn, fuck us for our bodies developing into what a female body would.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/28/15 , edited 5/28/15

anzn wrote:


the-komplicated-girl wrote:


anzn wrote:

But how can they do that....if they are being dresscoded....then sent home for showing midriff.....


There is a dress code for a reason. Preventing these teenagers/kids to dress in a provacative way. Breaking the rules means being sent home or detention. She retaliated by wearing a crop top, why wouldn't she be sent home?


"Provocative."

We might as well be wearing dresses covering up every part of are body but our face like in the 1800s
I assure you, most girls don't go to school dressing like they going to the beach.
That picture is LITERALLY the most skin they show when in school.
I guess showing our legs & shoulders & midriffs are so provocative it gives every boy in a 20 mile radius a boner? Then all the blood in their brain goes to their dick, preventing them to get an education.
Damn, fuck us for our bodies developing into what a female body would.


Can't you make a point without trying to empathize with victimizing yourself? That's not provocative but it's just not school attire, that's it. There is no hidden meaning, it's just not something you wear to school, if a guy came in wearing what he wanted he would also be told that's inappropriate. I don't know how this very same thing, translates into 'omg boys just can't control themselves' which is sexist, which is the very thing you're apparently against. Well, I know how it translates, because you can't debate so you try blaming males for your problems.
13251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Halifax, NS
Offline
Posted 5/28/15
They should send home whoever the hell is finding the body of a highschooler distracting or "provacative". Women should be allowed to dress comfortably for hot weather without being sexualized.
Posted 5/28/15

dollymacabre wrote:

They should send home whoever the hell is finding the body of a highschooler distracting or "provacative". Women should be allowed to dress comfortably for hot weather without being sexualized.


Exactly.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 5/28/15 , edited 5/28/15

anzn wrote:

This thread wasn't even made an hour ago & this guy is already here.


I'm not sure what you mean by "this guy". It's a valid opinion, and I agree with a lot of it.

I don't understand how pushing modest dress in pubic schools is a bad thing, let alone promotes rape culture. Sure, some schools go overboard by getting girls in trouble if their bra strap accidentally shows, or the like. Girls wear bras, weird, right? But wanting to bear your midriff, wear crop-tops, hot pants, etc? I was a teenage boy once. It'd be hella distracting.

Now, before all the feminists come barging in, I say the same about the boys. There is no point in wanting to wear short shorts, open chested shirts, going shirtless, sagging to show your boxers, or whatever at school. Let's be honest here, you're only doing it to make a statement, and whatever that statement is, it doesn't matter at school. You're there for an education, not to rebel against the system or show off your body or anything else.

Again, that can be related back to girls. Be honest and ask yourself why you want to show more skin at school. Unless it's 120 degrees and you feel you're gonna die if you wear so much as a t-shirt, that reason is generally superficial in a school setting. Boys can't go topless or open chested at school either. If you feel empowerment from your naked image, there is a better time and place to show it off than at an educational institution. If you think you look cute in a crop-top, great! You probably do. If you are one of those who are fighting for quality in allowing girls to go topless, also great! But, not in school.

Yes schools should stop overreacting to minor slips in dress codes, but it's not like boys can wear whatever they want at school and girls are forced into single identical uniforms. The issue is that girls, for some reason (most likely societal pressures on the female image), seem to want to push the limits of the dress codes in schools far more than boys do.

Posted 5/28/15

anzn wrote:

"Provocative."

We might as well be wearing dresses covering up every part of are body but our face like in the 1800s
I assure you, most girls don't go to school dressing like they going to the beach.
That picture is LITERALLY the most skin they show when in school.
I guess showing our legs & shoulders & midriffs are so provocative it gives every boy in a 20 mile radius a boner? Then all the blood in their brain goes to their dick, preventing them to get an education.
Damn, fuck us for our bodies developing into what a female body would.


And I assume you'd be perfectly fine being operated on by surgeon dressed like that. Or have your children be taught by a teacher dressed as such. I can never understand what these people think they'd get out of fighting for the "freedom" to show off their bodies or dress however they wish. Exactly what good does this do for anyone? Oh yay! Mini-skirts and crop tops are allowed everywhere now. Now we can't tell the difference between the one trying to sell sex and the one trying to go to school.
Posted 5/28/15

anzn wrote:


"Provocative."

We might as well be wearing dresses covering up every part of are body but our face like in the 1800s
I assure you, most girls don't go to school dressing like they going to the beach.
That picture is LITERALLY the most skin they show when in school.
I guess showing our legs & shoulders & midriffs are so provocative it gives every boy in a 20 mile radius a boner? Then all the blood in their brain goes to their dick.
Damn, fuck us for our bodies developing into what a female body would.


mm why is it that you have to be so defensive. Then we must be part of different worlds -joking of course- The city near me, I can guarantee that the girls in that high school wear things that can be worn to the beach. You can not generalize that every teenager dresses the same. These students go to that school, that school has rules. If they do not like what they have to wear, then by all means transfer schools. I went to a private middle school (not by choice). We had to wear the whole attire: long skirts, button up shirts, and knee high socks. Did I like it? NO, but does that mean I have to break the rules because I can not wear what I want? NO. Anyways, boys are boys. Grown men are grown men. Girls should wear what they want, but then again don't complain about the smart inappropriate remarks men make. So I stand by in what I said in the beginning. She had a voice, but she could have used it for a better reason.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.