First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Stranded
4674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 5/30/15 , edited 5/30/15
I'd start by talking to the others, and then convince them to split into three or four groups, one walking the island, mapping out the size of it, one group in charge of finding fresh water and one group in charge of finding food or other stuff that may be on the island. The last group stays behind to build a camp and trying to find the right equipment to built rafts. Or something.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Create my harem.


14741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

You awaken on a beach, not knowing where you are, you see a few other people around you doing the same thing, you notice that your are in the middle of the ocean. The island appears to be a few miles in diameter it appears to be a tropical island as well.

Starting now, what do you do?


> E

The ocean is that way, you cannot go in that direction.

> W

You see a group of people talking.

> talk people

You must be nearer to them first.

To the south, you see a white house with a mailbox next to it.

You can hear the distant sound of a bulldozer approaching.
11686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kent, Washington
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Create my harem.


If it's a bunch of cute girls with me sure. But if not, find the local village, learn to speak their language, learn their ways, become their overlord, and the local hotties will be coming my way in no time!
Posted 5/30/15
we get it on bc I'm frustrated probably
6655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The moon
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
Being close to land is a plus, I would make my way by drifting hopefully onto something to that tropical island. Finding fresh water and food would be my number one thing to store on once I finally arrive. I'll honestly would go insane, though for being strained on an island. XD The best thing is not fighting/argue with the people that's with you and of course, survival. This reminds me of a movie besides Cast Away where a group of kids was strained on an island because something happen to the ship. They got along until their was a rivaled and the group slit up and they started fighting. I want to say Lord of the flies. I have to look it up now. At least watching Bear Grylls would give me some tips on survival, but I don't think I'll drink my own piss. XD
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

atleap wrote:

I'd start by talking to the others, and then convince them to split into three or four groups, one walking the island, mapping out the size of it, one group in charge of finding fresh water and one group in charge of finding food or other stuff that may be on the island. The last group stays behind to build a camp and trying to find the right equipment to built rafts. Or something.


this is a good plan
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
Finding fresh water is a priority. Either set up a rain catcher or look for a source.

Next, setting up some kind of foot cover, since it is a tropical island. Traversing that kind of terrain can cut your feet, and you definitely do not want to get an infection in that kind of environment.

Third, find a regular source of food. Safe bets would be fish, shellfish, and possibly even wild boar or wild chicken

Then, a raised bed. Having insects crawling on you in your sleep probably isn't very pleasant.

Finally, carve out an SoS sign and manage smoke signals. Since there are several people involved, it could probably get done without too much strain. Once that is done, just wait!
Cellf 
5821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
Get access to the Internet. Somehow.

Then I'd build a giant sandcastle.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
probably check to see if they're ok but I'd stay on guard.... I don't trust people easily
Posted 5/30/15
I'd go my own way, figuring out the layout of this island, find a source of food, and build a place to sleep.
3318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NW
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
Given the immediate severity I would state my ability, my intentions, my personal needs, and what others can expect and receive from me.

Ability: A farmer/engineer- I make things from scratch, and things to make things.
Intentions:
Making element protection. Footwear, shade, shelter, food and water storage and the means to procure it.
Situation Awareness. Questions of who, why, where we are, and if we need to go or if we are better staying where we are.

I'm not good at taking orders, but I am willing to help others if they are at least trying.

If the world flooded and the island is one of the mountain peaks of the Rockies, good luck finding other land masses.
Posted 5/30/15
Talk to a few people quietly and then go exploring and seeing what my options are and any fresh water spots, first and foremost, collecting any recognizable fruit along the way for food needs.
Posted 5/30/15
Go exploring.
12599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

PurpleDjango wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

You best start swimming


That's probably the worst idea ever xD It would be smarter to make a boat


but don't you need to swim to the island to retrieve the resources to make a boat though?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.