First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you buy consoles at launch?
Posted 5/30/15 , edited 5/30/15

Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:

Ps4 came out almost 2 years ago & it still has no games


The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and most of all, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Those are all amazing games. Buying a ps4 to get all them even though I still have an xbox one.

You can get all those games besides Bloodborne on PS3 tho lol
When I say no games, I mean no console exclusives. Might as well get a ps3 for cheaper if you wanna play those.
Posted 5/30/15 , edited 5/30/15
er
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

anzn wrote:

Ps4 came out almost 2 years ago & it still has no games


Has it been that long already? Holy shit, November 15, 2013. Only been about a year and some months but it's getting close.

10407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Dallas
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
I buy consoles a couple years after the launch. Princes are cheaper, kinks are worked out and they offer better bundles.
4138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:

Ps4 came out almost 2 years ago & it still has no games


The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and most of all, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Those are all amazing games. Buying a ps4 to get all them even though I still have an xbox one.

You can get all those games besides Bloodborne on PS3 tho lol
When I say no games, I mean no console exclusives. Might as well get a ps3 for cheaper if you wanna play those.


I could save money, but the ps3 loads the games a lot slower. With Final Fantasy XIV it ranges around 20fps in most parts of the game but ps4 can hit up for 50+. Same with most games. Quality of the game also plays a part and ps4 gives great definition. Overall ps4 gives a better gameplay.
Posted 5/30/15 , edited 5/30/15

Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:

Ps4 came out almost 2 years ago & it still has no games


The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and most of all, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Those are all amazing games. Buying a ps4 to get all them even though I still have an xbox one.

You can get all those games besides Bloodborne on PS3 tho lol
When I say no games, I mean no console exclusives. Might as well get a ps3 for cheaper if you wanna play those.


I could save money, but the ps3 loads the games a lot slower. With Final Fantasy XIV it ranges around 20fps in most parts of the game but ps4 can hit up for 50+. Same with most games. Quality of the game also plays a part and ps4 gives great definition. Overall ps4 gives a better gameplay.

That's just loading times & slightly higher resolution. That's expected from a new gen console of course.
I own a ps3 & load times aren't bad at all for pretty much all my games. That might apply to one of the older ps3 models, but normally, load times aren't long. Also load times don't always apply to how good a console is. Its mainly the game.
Also those shouldn't matter anyway. Same game, same graphics that might slightly be better.
28068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / California
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
After purchasing the Vita on launch day and the lack of games from now on I prefer to wait until more games are available, for the PS4 I waited a year after launch
4138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:

Ps4 came out almost 2 years ago & it still has no games


The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and most of all, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? Those are all amazing games. Buying a ps4 to get all them even though I still have an xbox one.

You can get all those games besides Bloodborne on PS3 tho lol
When I say no games, I mean no console exclusives. Might as well get a ps3 for cheaper if you wanna play those.


I could save money, but the ps3 loads the games a lot slower. With Final Fantasy XIV it ranges around 20fps in most parts of the game but ps4 can hit up for 50+. Same with most games. Quality of the game also plays a part and ps4 gives great definition. Overall ps4 gives a better gameplay.

That's just loading times & slightly higher resolution. That's expected from a new gen console of course.
I own a ps3 & load times aren't bad at all for pretty much all my games. That might apply to one of the older ps3 models, but normally, load times aren't long. Also load times don't always apply to how good a console is. Its mainly the game.
Also those shouldn't matter anyway. Same game, same graphics that might slightly be better.


That's like saying a $150 computer to a $500 computer (which is a huge difference) wouldn't matter to gameplay as long as it's the same game. 30fps is a huge difference and I don't know if you game at all but that's a crazy difference. Not to mention definition is a huge factor to a majority of gamers, and i'm sure everyone would rather have a better definition.
Posted 5/30/15 , edited 5/30/15

Aeso wrote:
That's like saying a $150 computer to a $500 computer (which is a huge difference) wouldn't matter to gameplay as long as it's the same game. 30fps is a huge difference and I don't know if you game at all but that's a crazy difference. Not to mention definition is a huge factor to a majority of gamers, and i'm sure everyone would rather have a better definition.

Er not really. Computers aren't only built for gaming.
If the game can work on a PS3 already, it shouldn't be bad or terrible compared to a port to a new console. The difference is barely noticable unless you squint, honestly. But FPS also depends on the game. People would like that, obviously, but its not a necessity.


4138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/30/15

anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:
That's like saying a $150 computer to a $500 computer (which is a huge difference) wouldn't matter to gameplay as long as it's the same game. 30fps is a huge difference and I don't know if you game at all but that's a crazy difference. Not to mention definition is a huge factor to a majority of gamers, and i'm sure everyone would rather have a better definition.

Er not really. If the game can work on a PS3 already, it shouldn't be bad or terrible compared to a port to a new console. The difference is barely noticable unless you squint, honestly. But FPS also depends on the game. People would like that, obviously, but its not a necessity.




More than half of the new games that are coming out now need a stronger system. You should go on youtube and checkout the fps differences on some new games. The difference is actually quite surprising for some of them.
Posted 5/30/15

Aeso wrote:


anzn wrote:


Aeso wrote:
That's like saying a $150 computer to a $500 computer (which is a huge difference) wouldn't matter to gameplay as long as it's the same game. 30fps is a huge difference and I don't know if you game at all but that's a crazy difference. Not to mention definition is a huge factor to a majority of gamers, and i'm sure everyone would rather have a better definition.

Er not really. If the game can work on a PS3 already, it shouldn't be bad or terrible compared to a port to a new console. The difference is barely noticable unless you squint, honestly. But FPS also depends on the game. People would like that, obviously, but its not a necessity.




More than half of the new games that are coming out now need a stronger system. You should go on youtube and checkout the fps differences on some new games. The difference is actually quite surprising for some of them.

I know. I'm talking about games that could already play on previous gen console being put on a newer one. There's not much of a difference or improvement.
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
I stopped doing it. I got annoyed cause I often felt like I got screwed with price drops and junk. It's upsetting, me being a loyal customer buying your console on day one to support you and I feel as if I'm getting the short end of the stick?
I built a PC so I'm not missing out on all the good multiplatform games(and of course the exclusives pc has to offer) and will buy a console when it has a good amount of exclusives or an exclusive I must play such a Kingdom Hearts 3.
11325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
no, because they are too expensive, if I really want a console I will wait until disgaea 5 or something comes out or whatevs

no way paying 600+ for a console
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15
If I am going to buy one it's after it's been discounted and there are enough exclusive games that will never come to PC to justify it. The only game I wanted to try was bloodborne but the more I watch LPs of it the less I want it. This generation just seem completely uninspired and so many games running sub 1080.
5252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
The moral of the story is to get a platform with the most games. I don't have a Wii U yet, but it seems to have more games than the other 2 brand new consoles. Other than the Wii U, the PC and other consoles are better choices until the PS4 or Xbox One new models arrive.
An9el 
28910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
i belive the only one i bought at launtch was ninendo 64 besides i usally wait for a 2nd or slim edtion of the system not just fr the price drops but usally cause by then theres a decent amount of games to choose from
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.