First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply What instantly makes you dislike an anime fan
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15

AiYumega wrote:



It's sad and I feel bad for them.


Yeah I'm sure some become like that through some experience or another, some just need a kick up the ass to find their way, and others are just straight up mean. Wouldn't surprise me if the majority of people there are sociopaths anyway.
5205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
I probably more so dislike people who think that all anime fans are 'weeaboos' than any particular anime fan. I've had conversations dropped because anime somehow got mentioned and they thought that meant I was a weirdo (Australia hasn't got as much of a nerd culture). I do know one guy who does bring up anime which I haven't seen. This would be fine, except he continues to talk about references from said anime I haven't seen and expect me to get the jokes. I don't hate it, but it's just kinda awkward to talk to him.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

When I decide to look a review and all I see is negativity.
When I am told not to watch a show over another.
When I told they didn't watch anime and assume a show is harem because of the cover.
When they star to shit in harems anime because they think is unrealistic. When there plenty of harems in real life. and everybody is happy.
When they bring and compared a show to another and call it shit or copycat because it has similar elements or themes.
When they assume and compare video games anime series to Sword art online.
When they star to hate and tell me why they hate Sword art online.
When they tell me anime is shit and compared it to Sword art online.
When tell me they only watch 3 Ep of anime to determine if good and refuse to give it a chance again, even thou the show is good.
When they tell me a 14 year old shouldn't have big boob and is unrealistic. My sister has bigger boob than some anime girls and she 14 year old. No my fault that were you come from girls are flat as a board.
When they tell me they refuse to watch any series for one thing only.
When they tell me a series is bad because is Cliché.
When they tell me Shonen anime are the best series out there.
When they tell me anime series should have morality even thou is fiction.
When they jugged a series has bad because it have something they hate or dislike.
When they tell me Naruto is the best series out there. When they tell me one piece is the greatest out there. When they tell me bleach is the greatest out there. When they bring the big 3 arguments.
When they compared shows to other shows and say those shows are bad because of that.
When they think their opinion are absolute.
When they tell me I should hate a show because of this.
When they tell me I should always read the manga first. Or the manga is always better.
When they tell me I shouldn't watch something because of fanservice.
When they call other anime fan shit because they like others series more.








7502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey USA
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
The type of fan i dislike when a fan bully's another fan for a show the like or dislike
48419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
People that put down others for their tastes in anime.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

For me it's the 'All dubs are so bad omfg'. And people who just don't seem to enjoy anything, they have to be critical of everything with their boring and repetitive comments like "This show was mediocre at best"


Agreed on all points.

Plus most that I've met offline are obsessed with the fanservice or outright almost-hentai stuff then get mad when I say "I really don't want to talk about that kind of thing". There's just such a sexual frustration with a big portion of anime fans, at least the older ones I know.

2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
Almost forgot....

When someone recommends something, knowing FULLY well my tastes, and then gets angry or rude because I didn't like it. Can't stand that.

The ones who feel the need to namecall just because of a different taste and feel that they're an expert on something when taste is akin to opinion.

When I am honest and say "i'm not in to blahblah but I think blaaaah was quite good" and they get condescending. Assuming that I don't have any taste or that "if you knew REAL anime" then I'd automatically agree with them.
52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
=0 Why dislike Anime Fan when you are one? :D

Posted 5/31/15

retronatrix wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

For me it's the 'All dubs are so bad omfg'. And people who just don't seem to enjoy anything, they have to be critical of everything with their boring and repetitive comments like "This show was mediocre at best"


Agreed on all points.

Plus most that I've met offline are obsessed with the fanservice or outright almost-hentai stuff then get mad when I say "I really don't want to talk about that kind of thing". There's just such a sexual frustration with a big portion of anime fans, at least the older ones I know.



We all do respect. There are fanservice/hentai anime and manga that are really good.

Velvet Kiss. Is one such great example. I never thou when I started reading it, that I will get medical and financial conspiracy from this series. Nor that I will get life lessons about duty and responsibility.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


retronatrix wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

For me it's the 'All dubs are so bad omfg'. And people who just don't seem to enjoy anything, they have to be critical of everything with their boring and repetitive comments like "This show was mediocre at best"


Agreed on all points.

Plus most that I've met offline are obsessed with the fanservice or outright almost-hentai stuff then get mad when I say "I really don't want to talk about that kind of thing". There's just such a sexual frustration with a big portion of anime fans, at least the older ones I know.



We all do respect. There are fanservice/hentai anime and manga that are really good.

Velvet Kiss. Is one such great example. I never thou when I started reading it, that I will get medical and financial conspiracy from this series. Nor that I will get life lessons about duty and responsibility.


Yes, there's some good ones out there. I didn't say there wasn't. But I just don't like them because they're not my taste. I don't like boobs in my face and tight packages on the page and I feel the push that some have towards overdone fan service takes AWAY from plot. I've tired a few, didn't like them.

Some people take it personally, but taste is taste. Just like how I don't read Harry Potter and I have my reasons some people LOVE Harry Potter for their own reasons. It's tastes, preferences and just what a person likes. But some people get bent out of shape because you disagree with them instead of having a mature discussion over it.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

retronatrix wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

For me it's the 'All dubs are so bad omfg'. And people who just don't seem to enjoy anything, they have to be critical of everything with their boring and repetitive comments like "This show was mediocre at best"


Agreed on all points.

Plus most that I've met offline are obsessed with the fanservice or outright almost-hentai stuff then get mad when I say "I really don't want to talk about that kind of thing". There's just such a sexual frustration with a big portion of anime fans, at least the older ones I know.



Yeah I ain't seen a lot of stuff like that nor do care to really. The people that do probably are just sexually frustrated as you said lol. Highschool DxD is the only show that does it right. It's not just an ecchi fest (well it kinda is lol) but it just is what it is, and it's fun to watch.
Posted 5/31/15


I hate it when that happens. Here I having fun discussing series I like or don't like. But then you met this people who think unless you agree with them, you are wrong and you are suppose to just agree with them. I was once call a weeebo because I say a character was hot. And I didn't say that in a sexual way but from a logical view. I hate the word weeebo so much.

9512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
It disappoints me when anime fans rather watch dubs.
I try to watch all anime, foreign movies, etc subbed.
I will always want to hear the original voice, plus the dialogue is changed too much in dubs
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
The smell.

27459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lethbridge, Alber...
Online
Posted 5/31/15
the very moment they bring in Religious or political views.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.