First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Slang Culture Is Real, Guys
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15
Slang spreads fast. Real fast. Leave your area and you'd probably still understand a lot of it, even as it spreads. For example -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHFFdy2NSdE


There's a joke about New York slang that I like a lot.

"The doctor tells the New Yorker 'You have Hepatitis B. The New Yorker replies "Damn what kind?"


Internet slang too LOL LMFAO LEL KEK all these are infiltrating daily speech. We're evolving.....bruh. Or are we devolving, m8.
76240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
Devolving. :P
1598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
Every time I see that video a part of me dies.

Also, gr8 one m8 I r8 8/8 no h8.

And your last sentence. Much wow such complex.

Posted 5/31/15

Yousuf14 wrote:

Every time I see that video a part of me dies.

Also, gr8 one m8 I r8 8/8 no h8.

And your last sentence. Much wow such complex.



IGN rates 11/10

1598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

AiYumega wrote:


Yousuf14 wrote:

Every time I see that video a part of me dies.

Also, gr8 one m8 I r8 8/8 no h8.

And your last sentence. Much wow such complex.



IGN rates 11/10



Too much doge ign rate 7.8/10

Posted 5/31/15


Best Call of Duty yet though.
8801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15
If I hear someone say L.O.L, in daily speech I'll disown them.
1467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15
The most interesting slang directed at me was, "You're getting me tight." Which apparently is a thing from New York that I knew nothing about.

And I just recently learned what shipping means. When a friend of mine said "I'll ship you with her." And I was like... on what boat and to where exactly?

I'm a slow learner.

Posted 5/31/15

Zeidus wrote:

The most interesting slang directed at me was, "You're getting me tight." Which apparently is a thing from New York that I knew nothing about.


It is.

Tight means getting someone worked up.

"Damn B, this brick city weather has got me tight"


It's like another language I can translate honestly.
1467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 5/31/15

AiYumega wrote:


Zeidus wrote:

The most interesting slang directed at me was, "You're getting me tight." Which apparently is a thing from New York that I knew nothing about.


It is.

Tight means getting someone worked up.

"Damn B, this brick city weather has got me tight"


It's like another language I can translate honestly.





Ah yeah. When I first heard the term I honestly thought it meant "You're making me horny." As in... "You're getting me tight... in my pants."

My interpretation went WAY left field. The guttermind is strong with this one.
Posted 5/31/15


Son, your interpretation skills are mad weak. Real talk.
9453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
People need to go to school.....
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
The English language has been devolving since its creation; there were people centuries ago who were complaining about how English was losing its complexity and such. The purpose of slang is to make communication more fluid, faster, and easier to understand. Slang culture isn't going any where anytime soon with the invention of the Internet.
18738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
yeah, spanish is fun to literally translate.
'that elbow, he falls me fat becuase he didnt bite me' = 'i don't like that cheapskate, becuase he didn't give me a bribe.'
or chinese is fun too, warning label on bag, 'to kill child, insert head in bag'.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.