First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you prepare your packaged ramen?
4674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 6/8/15
I've never tried ramen.. want to try it so bad but it doesn't exist here, as far as I know. I tried making it from scratch though, failed miserably first, but the second time was really good. Although I have no way of knowing if it taste like the real thing.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/15
Can't stand that 99c stuff... I make the real deal.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/19/15
Stovetop, usually, unless it's the microwave or boiled water kind.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 6/19/15
Bring water to a boil, pour the flavor packet in, stir. Pour over the dry noodles after breaking them into four. Then I put a decent amount of soy sauce in and wait for the noodles to get a little soft. I hate soggy noodles, and this lets me eat them reliably at the perfect level of softness. I also tend to eat ramen when I am feeling lazy and don't want to do anything complex.
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
Instant ramen will kill you, its got so much sodium, msg, additives ect in it. I dont think it has any nutritional value to it at all.
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
Simmer water and seasoning for 14 hours, add egg for 2 hours, turn heat to high let water mixture boil, add in noodles, when soft throw in any herbs coriander, mint leaves etc.
18714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/20/15

madmejis wrote:

Simmer water and seasoning for 14 hours, add egg for 2 hours, turn heat to high let water mixture boil, add in noodles, when soft throw in any herbs coriander, mint leaves etc.


...Woah.
12361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
i like mine without too much soup, so i boil the noodles until they are almost how i like them i also add sliced peppers and onion, strain some water out, then add the seasonings, and some of my own. then i add in sum diced chicken and cook it some more, and thats it :D

3460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Mothership
Offline
Posted 6/20/15

Haruna-kai wrote:

Instant ramen will kill you, its got so much sodium, msg, additives ect in it. I dont think it has any nutritional value to it at all.

Well that kill you will keep you alive when there's nothing to eat in your pantry I know firsthand. Now back to the topic skipping all the necessary steps,if available I will get 2 pieces of cheese tear them up and stir them into the noodles let it sit for a few minutes and melt sometimes I would add chili or cut up hotdogs.
Posted 6/20/15
ewwwww ramen
Sogno- 
45631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
i have a small square container made just for packaged ramen put in the ramen, some water, and go
540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / texas
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
I put the water and seasoning packet together with the noodles in the microwave for 4 minutes!

Then I stir in sriracha, tiny bit of soy sauce, and squeeze a lime and mix!

Before all this I've already hardboiled 2-3 eggs and just slice them up and put them in there then top it off with bean sprouts and wah-lah!
2631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/20/15
I do whatever the instructions say.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/15

Markest1 wrote:


Haruna-kai wrote:

Instant ramen will kill you, its got so much sodium, msg, additives ect in it. I dont think it has any nutritional value to it at all.

Well that kill you will keep you alive when there's nothing to eat in your pantry I know firsthand. Now back to the topic skipping all the necessary steps,if available I will get 2 pieces of cheese tear them up and stir them into the noodles let it sit for a few minutes and melt sometimes I would add chili or cut up hotdogs.


I agree that that stuff will kill you. Pasta or rice are cheap alternatives.
Posted 6/20/15
If you guys are lazy but also want to spice up your ramen, Cook it like you usually would. Then drain a little water (I personally drain a lot of it but keep some because I haven't added the flavor packet yet) Then I stir the flavor packet in.
Here is the magic, once that is done take a little bit of peanut butter (like almost a tea spoon for one pack) mix it in really good. It gives it a good thick flavor and the peanuts add to the flavor without adding sweetness you'd expect. It's so good and takes the same amount of effort.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.