First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Site Rules - Update~!
The Moderator
Nicole 
73048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Space
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
The rules and its revision have always been a point of debate amongst staff members and moderators involved in this part of the community for years. This latest iteration is to reflect a level of leniency in relation to the kinds of content Crunchyroll has to offer in terms of shows. With that said, it's not our intention to give people the okay to run wild with this, but rather to welcome more conversation into the forums within the new perceived level of tolerance.
23008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 6/10/15 , edited 7/30/15

Nicole wrote:

The rules and its revision have always been a point of debate amongst staff members and moderators involved in this part of the community for years. This latest iteration is to reflect a level of leniency in relation to the kinds of content Crunchyroll has to offer in terms of shows. With that said, it's not our intention to give people the okay to run wild with this, but rather to welcome more conversation into the forums within the new perceived level of tolerance. :)


I totally agree with this post but it also sounds like the guy from SNAFU episode 8-9 planning the Christmas show while waving his hands in the air- no disrespect intended
13134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 7/30/15
are we allowed to post hentai? there isnt a tl;dr
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/1/15
I was trying to find the reason as to why this was bumped up to the main page again, when I saw this




EDIT: *sigh*
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/30/15

Balzack wrote:

The new rules are a heck of a lot better than what we had before. They now reduce nitpicking a bit, and are presented way more professionally- two issues I've complained about at length in the past. So thumbs up from me, good job.


This would've been a lot more fun when I was at my prime here as it is finally at that point with the happy medium that I discussed with the mods over and over with the past couple of years. I might have fun with this someday, but my lack of time to spend on this site is keeping me from doing it. Well, I hope this opens up the community more and invite more folks here to have fun and such. The potential of a much more full crunchyroll community is probably more of a possibility now; hopefully some of the damage from the past didn't carry over.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/1/15
Why are these comments so weirdly out of order?
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15
The new rules are a heck of a lot better than what we had before. They now reduce nitpicking a bit, and are presented way more professionally- two issues I've complained about at length in the past. So thumbs up from me, good job.
Dutch Moderator
30797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/1/15

LambentLight wrote:

are we allowed to post hentai? there isnt a tl;dr


In short: no.

Longer answer:

2) Content created by and shared by users in Crunchyroll's community space where users interact with each other should be appropriate for the comfort of a wide range of users. Avoid especially salacious or graphically violent content, as well as material likely to be found offensive, including excessive vulgarity, and tasteless commentary or jokes regarding rape, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religion, etc. when contributing to forums, comments, guest books, groups, and user reviews, and when creating your profile.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-903245/site-rules-update?pg=0


redeath123 wrote:

I'm honestly surprised I haven't been banned yet, I have been banned on a shit on of other sites for profanity.

>inb4 i get "your account has been banned" message


The thing with profanity is, we don't generally dissalow the occasional use of it.
As long as it isn't used as personal attack or insult towards other users of the site and used in a contextually correct manner we don't really find it a problem.


Balzack wrote:

Why are these comments so weirdly out of order?


I have no idea, truly. But this bug still doesn't cease to amuse me.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/15

Balzack wrote:

Why are these comments so weirdly out of order?


Something about people deleting posts.
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/13/15 , edited 7/30/15
I'm honestly surprised I haven't been banned yet, I have been banned on a shit on of other sites for profanity.

>inb4 i get "your account has been banned" message
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/1/15

bobland wrote:


Balzack wrote:

Why are these comments so weirdly out of order?


Something about people deleting posts.


Yup. There's a new bug so when posts in a thread have been deleted, the first few new posts after that get posted higher on the page than they should. Makes me
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
Yeah, honestly I think it's cool that the mods keep up with the forums. And the mods have been pretty nice about letting users know that they're breaking a rule and how to fix it without slamming down the ban hammer without warning.

But the "be respectful" rule is pretty general. I'm curious to how that plays out.

I think one of my discussions was removed, and it might have been because of this clause? It was about Lazy Cosplay, but not in the negative sense. I wrote about how I loved cosplay that doesn't require a lot of effort. (Like how my Haruichi cosplay is pretty simple for me.) I was going to check on the discussion to see what other people thought about it... but after I got home from work, it was gone.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

PruBenAzul wrote:

Yeah, honestly I think it's cool that the mods keep up with the forums. And the mods have been pretty nice about letting users know that they're breaking a rule and how to fix it without slamming down the ban hammer without warning.

But the "be respectful" rule is pretty general. I'm curious to how that plays out.

I think one of my discussions was removed, and it might have been because of this clause? It was about Lazy Cosplay, but not in the negative sense. I wrote about how I loved cosplay that doesn't require a lot of effort. (Like how my Haruichi cosplay is pretty simple for me.) I was going to check on the discussion to see what other people thought about it... but after I got home from work, it was gone.


That was a fun thread! It didn't get removed, it just got moved -- to our Creative Corner forum. Here's the link:

/forumtopic-912135/lazy-cosplay#50804965

Sorry if you didn't get contacted about it. Usually we do try to let someone know when we've moved something, but occasionally there's an oversight or a site glitch.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

lorreen wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:

Yeah, honestly I think it's cool that the mods keep up with the forums. And the mods have been pretty nice about letting users know that they're breaking a rule and how to fix it without slamming down the ban hammer without warning.

But the "be respectful" rule is pretty general. I'm curious to how that plays out.

I think one of my discussions was removed, and it might have been because of this clause? It was about Lazy Cosplay, but not in the negative sense. I wrote about how I loved cosplay that doesn't require a lot of effort. (Like how my Haruichi cosplay is pretty simple for me.) I was going to check on the discussion to see what other people thought about it... but after I got home from work, it was gone.


That was a fun thread! It didn't get removed, it just got moved -- to our Creative Corner forum. Here's the link:

/forumtopic-912135/lazy-cosplay#50804965

Sorry if you didn't get contacted about it. Usually we do try to let someone know when we've moved something, but occasionally there's an oversight or a site glitch.


Oh my gosh! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was really sad because I thought it was gone! I'm just happy to know it's still there and that I can join in :)

And not at all, you guys are awesome. <3
Posted 8/8/15
It doesn't matter™ how lax the moderators are with the rules when there are peeps who keep testing to see how far they can push the boundaries. It shows with the number that keep getting banned. It seems more now than before the change to be more lax.

I wonder ..

Anyways, I thought I should convey my gratitude. Thank you for making such a great service and community. <3
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/8/15 , edited 8/8/15
How far will you guys go with links?

Also Multiple threads about the same thing (and sorta the same thing, + either closed or hard to find in search)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.