First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Heated Topics
Posted 6/22/15
ITS THE INTERNET PEOPLE GET OVER IT. PRESS THE COMPUTER OFF AND BREATHE. THIS DOESNT COUNT.

Thank you.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Online
Posted 6/22/15
Looking at some of these answers, I don't get why you guys even post if you don't want other people to share their opinion about your opinion. Like do you honestly not expect that to happen? lol
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 6/22/15
On the issues that I'm more passionate about or the ones that my opinions are less common, I like to express my beliefs. It lets me not only air out my ideas and put them to the test, but it also exposes me to ideas that I may prefer and give me a bit of a start on thinking in a particular way. At this point, most of the views are fairly solid - I've aired them out a bit, had outside input, etc. There is, however, always the chance that I will see something else. Occasionally I'll talk a bit about something I don't have any strong feelings for just so I can be swayed to one side or another.

In the end, I try not to take my views too seriously or to make myself seem to set in a certain way of thought... But people are used to
closed-mindedness that seems ubiquitous in our world, so I seem to come across more strongly then I intend to.
Posted 6/22/15

IShouldBeStudying wrote:

Looking at some of these answers, I don't get why you guys even post if you don't want other people to share their opinion about your opinion. Like do you honestly not expect that to happen? lol


I think it comes from disappointment in the community how some topics are handled. Its another reason why some want those topics in their own separate forum so that there are less frivolous and inane responses to them, and they aren't bothersome to those that prefer not to deal with them.

I like to state my opinion, but as others has said, I don't always want a heated exchange with pages of text that for all I know can be bullshit from someone with an agenda. I just say what I want to say, and I go. If someone has something intelligent they want to say, agree or disagree, I'm fine with that. But I don't have time for anything else.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Online
Posted 6/22/15

EmptyskiesxX wrote:


IShouldBeStudying wrote:

Looking at some of these answers, I don't get why you guys even post if you don't want other people to share their opinion about your opinion. Like do you honestly not expect that to happen? lol


I think it comes from disappointment in the community how some topics are handled. Its another reason why some want those topics in their own separate forum so that there are less frivolous and inane responses to them, and they aren't bothersome to those that prefer not to deal with them.

I like to state my opinion, but as others has said, I don't always want a heated exchange with pages of text that for all I know can be bullshit from someone with an agenda. I just say what I want to say, and I go. If someone has something intelligent they want to say, agree or disagree, I'm fine with that. But I don't have time for anything else.


Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell the real responses from the bullshit. It's usually obviously fallacious and facetious
Posted 6/22/15 , edited 6/22/15


OK, if you say so.. My opinion still stands.
Sogno- 
45631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/15
oh yes i love heated topics... if u know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Online
Posted 6/22/15


You could have said that second part without disdaining me
Posted 6/22/15
^ Boo hoo, move along. :P
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Online
Posted 6/22/15




I guess this is what I get for trying to deal with little ass kids
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/15
I only take part in heated discussions when I have time to reply back to anyone who wants to debate. Because why state your opinion if you aren't going to defend it? It means nothing if you just state something without being there to back it up with further replies.

That being said, I try to be courteous to both sides of an argument, because I don't feel like reading all the hate you get when you bluntly state your opinion. I'd love to just say it how it is, but some people take things to heart and I get tired of arguing through forum posts.
18714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/22/15 , edited 6/22/15

PurpleDjango wrote:


laviriot13 wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:


laviriot13 wrote:

if I post something, then ok. I don't expect people to start replying to my post. I honestly don't care. although it irks me when you have a dweeb that responds to you as if someone ruffled his feathers and tries to attack me. I see that a lot in threads about feminazis.

everyone has their opinion, sucks how everyone gets butt hurt when you don't agree with their ideology. this happened a lot in my online class about literature in mythology. some people got offended because I started comparing religions, so the hard-core protestant Christians tried to bash my post. it was soooooooo stupid.

seriously, am I suppose to care what a kid says?


There is always that one person who thinks their opinion is pretty much law.

My best advice just ignore him, because if you don't they will keep annoying the crap out of you.


lol I did that, and he kept flaming other people who actually responded to him


Haters gonna hate?


Kinda. Haters gonna hate until they realize their justifications for hating fails on them. It's not easy to convince somebody that their opinions or ideals are wrong. Not easy at all, even with physical evidence. Sometimes, all they require is a little debating and sometimes they're required to be pinned down and force-fed. Ultimately, their opinions are theirs alone and the only one who can change it, is themselves. It sucks, yea. If it's not worth the time or effort, then just roll with their stupidity. I'm pretty stubborn so when I was younger, and now of course, I'd make some stupid ass claims. But, when the cookie crumbles, I think it's one of the best learning experiences. To be proven wrong.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 6/22/15 , edited 6/22/15
I love having discussions with all kinds of people even if we disagree on something but once it devolves into personal attacks and cussing then it is just a time waster. Some people are incapable of having civilized discussions. Best examples are any threads going into race/politics/religion.
Posted 6/22/15 , edited 6/22/15

Stay_Night wrote:

I only take part in heated discussions when I have time to reply back to anyone who wants to debate. Because why state your opinion if you aren't going to defend it? It means nothing if you just state something without being there to back it up with further replies.

That being said, I try to be courteous to both sides of an argument, because I don't feel like reading all the hate you get when you bluntly state your opinion. I'd love to just say it how it is, but some people take things to heart and I get tired of arguing through forum posts.


With all respect that is not what I said. I don't mind a debate if its within reason. And a single comment can mean plenty if the words are chosen correctly. Also, others might want a chance to reply to a comment before the conversation progresses too far, and usually, usually when a post is legit, more than the original poster will reliably defend it, because if its known to be legit, an elaboration isn't necessary.
But I agree with you wholeheartily with the second part. There is a limit to what constitutes a worthwhile engagement. Sometimes we have a life apart from arguing on the internet. ^^
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/15

EmptyskiesxX wrote:


Stay_Night wrote:

I only take part in heated discussions when I have time to reply back to anyone who wants to debate. Because why state your opinion if you aren't going to defend it? It means nothing if you just state something without being there to back it up with further replies.

That being said, I try to be courteous to both sides of an argument, because I don't feel like reading all the hate you get when you bluntly state your opinion. I'd love to just say it how it is, but some people take things to heart and I get tired of arguing through forum posts.


With all respect that is not what I said. I don't mind a debate if its within reason. And a single comment can mean plenty if the words are chosen correctly. Also, others might want a chance to reply to a comment before the conversation progresses too far, and usually, usually when a post is legit, more than the original poster will reliably defend it, because if its known to be legit, an elaboration isn't necessary.
But I agree with you wholeheartily with the second part. There is a limit to what constitutes a worthwhile engagement. Sometimes we have a life apart from arguing on the internet. ^^


My post wasn't a response to what you said but just my opinion. I have no idea what you said in earlier posts.

And you are right, you can state your opinion in one post and it be enough, but only if you go into more detail beyond just stating your opinion. Like if I said something like "You're wrong" without anything else and never looked at the thread again, that would be worthless imo.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.