First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Reverse Racism...
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
There's no such thing.

I'll provide definitions/explainations in my arguments for better understanding.

Rules:
- Keep it civil
- Keep your insults to a minimum at least.
- Don't use racial slurs (unless its used for reference or something)
- No bully.

Discuss.
7579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 6/4/15
I dislike the term because racism is all the same to me regardless of who the offending party is.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.

Calling white people white is a racial slur???
Ah, I can already see where this thread is heading.
Posted 6/4/15
It's all paradigm shifts, no?
2129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Northern US
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
There is no such thing as "reverse racism"
All racism, no matter the race, is simple racism.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

anzn wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.

Calling white people white is a racial slur???
Ah, I can already see where this thread is heading.


No but the the way you rant on about white people can be seen as racism. If any other person on this forum went off on black people like you do against white's they'd be banned by now because suddenly in that case it's 'racism'. I don't expect you to understand anyway.
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.

Calling white people white is a racial slur???
Ah, I can already see where this thread is heading.


No but the the way you rant on about white people can be seen as racism. If any other person on this forum went off on black people like you do against white's they'd be banned by now because suddenly in that case it's 'racism'. I don't expect you to understand anyway.

....
Anyway,
are you gonna actually discuss instead of pointing fingers at me or nah?
If you wanna talk about me, then PM me.
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / where ever i want...
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.



Idk I don't really think that it's true, Racism isn't just words or violence there are little things too, Like someone cluthing their purse when a large black person happens to be walking in their direction, or just a subconscious scowl at a middle eastern person when passing at an air port. Hell a lot of it people do without even thinking about it. Statements like "Oh wow you are very well spoken for a black person" Actively implies that the person who said it was expecting the other person to be speaking in solely Ebonics and was probably surprised that thy were not wearing a durag and a wife beater. Or another one that ive heard is "you are really independent for an asian woman you guys are usually so quiet LOL" obviously the person who said this wasn't trying to be insulting, in their mind it was a compliment but it doesn't change the fact that it is racist! Or even passing over a resume because someones name just seems a little too ethnic or hard to say...

Hopefully that made some sense UnU
Posted 6/4/15
dant and anz sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g.
first come feminazism
then comes racisim
then come being stuck at the hip
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

severticas wrote:

dant and anz sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g.
first come feminazism
then comes racisim
then come being stuck at the hip


Perfectly summed up
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

There's no such thing.


"No such thing as reverse racism..."

(tactful pause)

...Ever wonder why Whoopi Goldberg doesn't get to headline movies anymore?
33377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

There's no such thing.

I'll provide definitions/explainations in my arguments for better understanding.

Rules:
- Keep it civil
- Keep your insults to a minimum at least.

- Don't use racial slurs (unless its used for reference or something)
- No bully.

Discuss.


I don't think there should be any insulting at all.

Rule number 3 in Site rules, they changed them up recently


Though no one really follows that

11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

Ejanss wrote:


anzn wrote:

There's no such thing.


"No such thing as reverse racism..."

(tactful pause)

...Ever wonder why Whoopi Goldberg doesn't get to headline movies anymore?


Lol I got a good laugh out of this. Thanks.
Posted 6/4/15

neko-chan4ever wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


anzn wrote:

Rules:
- Don't use racial slurs


For someone who says 'white people' a lot that sure is rich coming from you. Also racism only exist because people won't shut up about it.



Idk I don't really think that it's true, Racism isn't just words or violence there are little things too, Like someone cluthing their purse when a large black person happens to be walking in their direction, or just a subconscious scowl at a middle eastern person when passing at an air port. Hell a lot of it people do without even thinking about it. Statements like "Oh wow you are very well spoken for a black person" Actively implies that the person who said it was expecting the other person to be speaking in solely Ebonics and was probably surprised that thy were not wearing a durag and a wife beater. Or another one that ive heard is "you are really independent for an asian woman you guys are usually so quiet LOL" obviously the person who said this wasn't trying to be insulting, in their mind it was a compliment but it doesn't change the fact that it is racist! Or even passing over a resume because someones name just seems a little too ethnic or hard to say...

Hopefully that made some sense UnU

That made perfect sense!
That's the thing.
And every PoC (person of color) goes through it differently as well. One or a couple of PoC does something bad, suddenly everyone of them of the ethnic group is responsible. Example, look at 9/11. Muslims were affected by this event more so than those who died.
Constant racial profiling, cultures being appropriated & made fun of. These things are constantly affecting our lives. We are reminded constantly that we are black, Asian, Latino/latina, pretty much all PoC, from the moment they were born.
White people as people (which is why they get so sensitive & uncomfortable if you say 'white people/person'.).
Whites will never experience racism. Or understand it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.