First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Reverse Racism...
Posted 6/4/15
Let me tell you guys about privileges.
White privilege, is very much a thing. Their are other types of privileges as well.
What do you get from white privilege?
It does not mean your life is great, problem-free, living in royalty or w/e. Basically its just not perfect.
It is simply that you won't experience certain things in your life that others would have to experience in their lives.
I have a privilege too. That's called Light Skin Privilege.
What do I get from it?
I'm considered more desireable possibly among all races. I'm considered beautiful. I'm on TV/Movies/Maganizes pretty much any kind of media, more often than people with darker skin. I'm more likely to get a job than a person who is darker skinned than me.
Basically, I will not experience things in my life darker skinned people will experience in their lives.

I know this is a real problem/issue among the black community with colorism & all, but I'm not entirely sure with other ethnic communities.
69293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / moe australia
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
I do not believe in Racism, therefore it does not exist.
Posted 6/4/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


anzn wrote:

White people as people (which is why they get so sensitive & uncomfortable if you say 'white people/person'.).
Whites will never experience racism. Or understand it.


I disagree. You don't need to be part of the oppressed group to understand how damaging racism is.

White people may experience oppression like being LGBT, but not for being white.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
your right, reverse racism doesn't exist.

Because its fucking racist no matter who is saying something

I live in a 94% black country. I was the only white person in my first school here and was bullied every single day, was abused by the teachers to the point my ass was legitimately purple from being beaten so hard I had to go to the hospital for simply talking in class.

But let me guess, that wasn't racism or discrimination because I was the odd white one out right? That was just normal.

When you dont live in a first world country, then you can post ignorant shit like this you twat.

I'm so sick of this bullshit, where white people are the only ones who can possibly be racist.

People like you are the reason why the suicide rate is rising.

23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
Whenever there is racism towards whites the media just doesn't cover it. Right now in South Africa whites are being ethnically cleansed and the MSM has said virtually nothing about it.

https://www.change.org/p/european-commission-allow-all-white-south-africans-the-right-to-return-to-europe
22665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
Saying 'white people can't experience racism' is as wrongful to state as 'men cannot experience rape'. It may be a rarity, but area and individuals can perpetuate opposite extremes. No race, gender or otherwise is exempt from hatred or anger.
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

the-komplicated-girl wrote:
That's where you contradict yourself. XD because I see that you really don't follow and listen. And bluntly attack people for having different opinions. You act like you know everything. I hope you aren't like that but that's how you come across.



But I do agree with what you said "white people will never experience racism"


I'm not trying to do that, or attack others. It ends up looking that way bc ppl don't take what I say seriously. I'll admit i sonetimes add more fuel to the fire but thats not my intention when posting on these threads. But honestly when it comes to 'opinions' on human rights, I gotta say something.
I do not know everything, I just know what I'm talking about.


PrinceJudar wrote:

Saying 'white people can't experience racism' is as wrongful to state as 'men cannot experience rape'. It may be a rarity, but area and individuals can perpetuate opposite extremes. No race, gender or otherwise is exempt from hatred or anger.

No its....not....?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

Let me tell you guys about privileges.
White privilege, is very much a thing. Their are other types of privileges as well.
What do you get from white privilege?
It does not mean your life is great, problem-free, living in royalty or w/e. Basically its just not perfect.
It is simply that you won't experience certain things in your life that others would have to experience in their lives.
I have a privilege too. That's called Light Skin Privilege.
What do I get from it?
I'm considered more desireable possibly among all races. I'm considered beautiful. I'm on TV/Movies/Maganizes pretty much any kind of media, more often than people with darker skin. I'm more likely to get a job than a person who is darker skinned than me.
Basically, I will not experience things in my life darker skinned people will experience in their lives.

I know this is a real problem/issue among the black community with colorism & all, but I'm not entirely sure with other ethnic communities.


Jews are the only privileged group in America. They make up only 2% of the population but control 40% of the country's wealth. They dominate every staple industry from banking to media to health care and because of the Holocaust they are still treated as an oppressed minority even though they've been oppressing the Palestinians for the last 70 years.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
The minute you undermine or devalue the pain or problems that any party, whoever it is, has to endure, your words hold no value. Everyone and anyone can experience racism, we are all human and we are all targets for hatred for any number of reasons, racism is no different. Anyone can be a victim, stop victim blaming white people for being white.
Posted 6/4/15
What does this have to do with Anime and Manga???????? Why are you trying to start a fight with people who just want to get along and enjoy a common hobby If you like Anime and Manga your cool in my book, and I really don't give a shit what color you are or what sex you are or religion.
33379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 6/4/15
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
"white people will never experience racism"

Please tell me this is trolling... Holocaust anyone?
18767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / London
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
Any race can experience any form of racism, why is this even a thread?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
No reverse racism doesn't exist.
Posted 6/4/15
hmmmmmm
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.