First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Reverse Racism...
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15
'This post has been reported to moderaters'
GG anonymous

racism is racism

have fun, peace!

Actually pretty much everyone thinks your wrong, and if I recall you didn't have time to even read my post about why that's wrong QQ. Prejudice is a general term, basing judgment on an individual/group with no/very limited prior experience/research, nothing more, nothing less. Racism is a more targeted term, determining ones value based on their race. One can have a lot of experience with another race, and still be racist. While it is incorrect to generalize like this, that is what humans do. However you can't call pre-judgment as their was clearly prior knowledge of that one race, and while they are casting a wide blanket, it is not prejudice.

Even if you want to fight that it is, after all that, go ahead and try and call it prejudice, that doesn't mean it isn't racism. Racism is a more targeted term, while prejudice is more general, hence they are not mutually exclusive.

Posted 6/4/15

nichtmalda wrote:

This is going to be a long day.

anzn wrote:
We are reminded constantly that we are black, Asian, Latino/latina, pretty much all PoC, from the moment they were born.

The only people who bring up my heritage are other people who are minorities. And even then they remark how unusual it is for even the country I was born. White people here don't care, they see you as a human, they treat you the same as everyone else. If I'm only surrounded by the natives here I tend to completly forget that I am in any way different and so do they. I get jugded for it by other immigrants, never by the native whites. Strange how that works.

White people as people (which is why they get so sensitive & uncomfortable if you say 'white people/person'.).
Whites will never experience racism.

They do, all the time. I'm seeing it, I'm hearing it, I'm feeling it for associating with the natives here.
"Dude, you are again with a german chick? Just forget those low bitches, find yourself a real women already!"
I even got mugged for that, luckily I didn't have much money with me and others came to my help.
And what they teach their children at home before they get to school, that Germans are all evil, the children end up disobeying the teachers, leaving school with bad grades or dropping out, being losers who end up with minimum wage jobs and on social secrutity who raise the next generation to hate white people, to hate Germans, to never make it anywhere in their lifes.
Strangely enough those children who don't hate the natives make it very far, I dare to say, just as if they themselves where natives.
Funky enough, here your asinine definition of racisim actually fits, parents teach their children to hate Germans, children never make it anywhere, like a system to keep themselves down, it repeats itself, over and over and over again.

Or understand it.

Pure projection on your part, because YOU lack empathy does not mean others do too, all you have to do is to present it in a rational manner and others will understand. Before you ask, no empathy ain't food.

And where ever you are from, I doubt it's that much worse than here in Germany.

On second thought, good night.


G'Night.
Posted 6/4/15

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:

'This post has been reported to moderaters'
GG anonymous

racism is racism

have fun, peace!


You reported my post?
lol..ok..

Posted 6/4/15
of course the gap between the poor and the rich has been deduced to privilegedom
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

You reported my post?
lol..ok..




Not worth my time to report, that would lock the thread and less people would be able to prove you wrong.

From last post if you didn't bother looking back:

Actually pretty much everyone thinks your wrong, and if I recall you didn't have time to even read my post about why that's wrong QQ. Prejudice is a general term, basing judgment on an individual/group with no/very limited prior experience/research, nothing more, nothing less. Racism is a more targeted term, determining ones value based on their race. One can have a lot of experience with another race, and still be racist. While it is incorrect to generalize like this, that is what humans do. However you can't call pre-judgment as their was clearly prior knowledge of that one race, and while they are casting a wide blanket, it is not prejudice.

Even if you want to fight that it is, after all that, go ahead and try and call it prejudice, that doesn't mean it isn't racism. Racism is a more targeted term, while prejudice is more general, hence they are not mutually exclusive.
13881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

G'Night.


Did you just disregard what someone belonging to a minority said? Ha, racist! Got you.
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

anzn wrote:


KnightOfZero1991 wrote:

The minute you undermine or devalue the pain or problems that any party, whoever it is, has to endure, your words hold no value. Everyone and anyone can experience racism, we are all human and we are all targets for hatred for any number of reasons, racism is no different. Anyone can be a victim, stop victim blaming white people for being white.

You keep confusing racism with prejudice.
Racism is more than that. Than discriminating someone for their race/skin color. There is systematic oppression to it as well.
You know this race system was created just about 500 years ago by Europeans/Your ancestors? They created it so they can come out on top, and benefit them. So why would they create a system that will backfire & not benefit them like they wanted?


NvidiaOtaku wrote:
What does this have to do with Anime and Manga???????? Why are you trying to start a fight with people who just want to get along and enjoy a common hobby If you like Anime and Manga your cool in my book, and I really don't give a shit what color you are or what sex you are or religion.

That's why its in the general discussion threads.


So that's your reason for being a instigator and inciting racial tension, because it's the General Forum.
Posted 6/4/15


lol, i love this
Posted 6/4/15

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:


anzn wrote:

You reported my post?
lol..ok..




Not worth my time to report, that would lock the thread and less people would be able to prove you wrong.

From last post if you didn't bother looking back:

Actually pretty much everyone thinks your wrong, and if I recall you didn't have time to even read my post about why that's wrong QQ. Prejudice is a general term, basing judgment on an individual/group with no/very limited prior experience/research, nothing more, nothing less. Racism is a more targeted term, determining ones value based on their race. One can have a lot of experience with another race, and still be racist. While it is incorrect to generalize like this, that is what humans do. However you can't call pre-judgment as their was clearly prior knowledge of that one race, and while they are casting a wide blanket, it is not prejudice.

Even if you want to fight that it is, after all that, go ahead and try and call it prejudice, that doesn't mean it isn't racism. Racism is a more targeted term, while prejudice is more general, hence they are not mutually exclusive.

Yet its worth the time for you to type these long ass wall of texts full of stuff I already heard from 700 different people.
55109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
The only thing good about this Forum Topic is you're racking up some CR points. Not worth it.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

CalifCat wrote:

The only thing good about this Forum Topic is you're racking up some CR points. Not worth it.


Now now, we can't forget the "street cred" some kids are looking for these days.
Posted 6/4/15

nichtmalda wrote:


anzn wrote:

G'Night.


Did you just disregard what someone belonging to a minority said? Ha, racist! Got you.

Ok if that makes you feel better.
You called someone on the internet racist for not reading your wall of text.
Congratulations!!

3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
I'd just like to talk about the comparison of reverse racism and racism. I see a lot of people saying they are the same thing, and yes that is true. But that's like calling Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola both soda and only calling them soda, when there actually is a distinction between the two. Yes we know reverse racism is racism but it doesn't mean we label it all as one, because reverse racism is a problem on its own.

Reverse racism was actually a problem during the Civil Rights movement in the 60s and I'm sure you can still see it today if you looked. There were definitely those who were fall more radical than say MLK who wanted to kick the white people out of their government, and if you research I'm sure you'll find some interesting stuff. It turned to be an issue when looking for support in the white community for civil rights, and that's how it differs slightly from racism that warrants its own label.

So yes reverse racism and racism are both racism, but that doesn't mean we throw it all under one label. Because they are different in a way and bring up different issues.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/4/15

anzn wrote:

Yet its worth the time for you to type these long ass wall of texts full of stuff I already heard from 700 different people.


There is no enjoyment for me to gain by reporting. However, the absurdity of this threads is sorta enjoyable. Actually very few have argued with the 'prejudice,' definition, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to dispel the ilusion of exclusivity, and state the fact it can be in cases both prejudice and racist. Here though you aren't even attempting to defend your stance, so it's getting sorta boring, maybe I'll be back if craziness ensues.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.