First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Badass characters that you DON'T like
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

Gafennec wrote:

Just about the entire cast of NGNL.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88QZaKrIjY



TomCraft wrote:

I don't know why they call him a bad ass, but he seems just to fucking OP to be even considered as bad ass. He is a fucking boring character that doesn't even have the right to be even called a fucking character. And his sister is a fucking idiot.



Why you would be expelled from The Irregular At Magic High?

Read below!





Part Two





Part Three

33829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

Max please...XD
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

BigChocolate wrote:


Max please...XD





Could not, NOT, alter the title, it was too good.

5072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/15
King Bradley / Wrath from FML. The guy is undoubtedly a badass, but he's still scum.
33829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

maxgale wrote:


BigChocolate wrote:


Max please...XD





Could not, NOT, alter the title, it was too good.

The title is the best part.
Bavalt 
22051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/5/15 , edited 6/5/15
Any character that thinks that being powerful is a valid alternative to being right. Most of these are badasses, obviously. A character that goes on about "the right of the strong to rule over the weak" or any of that nonsense is a moron. A character that acts on that belief is a failure as a human being on top of that. Most of these are villains of course, but some heroes espouse that sort of opinion too, and it inevitably destroys most of the sympathy I have for them.
Posted 6/5/15


I watched it.... It was very entertaining. I might look into more of his videos.

Was it supposed to make me not hate the cast of NGNL though? 'Cuz if it was, it kind of failed

However, I didn't read the Mahouka dissertation. I already like Tatsuya so hopefullyl that's good enough

Mahouka vs NGNL is actually the perfect example of the contrast between "badass" characters I despise and ones I like. Hate the cast of NGNL because they're arrogant, cocky, and downright annoying (all personal opinion). However, I love Tatsuya because he's a gentleman and a scholar.

66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/15 , edited 6/5/15

Bavalt wrote:

Any character that thinks that being powerful is a valid alternative to being right. Most of these are badasses, obviously. A character that goes on about "the right of the strong to rule over the weak" or any of that nonsense is a moron. A character that acts on that belief is a failure as a human being on top of that.

Reminds me of Gilgamesh. Always hated that disgusting chauvinist pig.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

maxgale wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Just about the entire cast of NGNL.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88QZaKrIjY



TomCraft wrote:

I don't know why they call him a bad ass, but he seems just to fucking OP to be even considered as bad ass. He is a fucking boring character that doesn't even have the right to be even called a fucking character. And his sister is a fucking idiot.



Why you would be expelled from The Irregular At Magic High?

Read below!





Part Two





Part Three



Well, you are wrong and I'm right.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

seekerperson7 wrote:



I watched it.... It was very entertaining. I might look into more of his videos.

Was it supposed to make me not hate the cast of NGNL though? 'Cuz if it was, it kind of failed

However, I didn't read the Mahouka dissertation. I already like Tatsuya so hopefullyl that's good enough

Mahouka vs NGNL is actually the perfect example of the contrast between "badass" characters I despise and ones I like. Hate the cast of NGNL because they're arrogant, cocky, and downright annoying (all personal opinion). However, I love Tatsuya because he's a gentleman and a scholar.



I thought they were pretty valid things to say about the series (in the video), my favorite characters in the series is everyone except The Ambiguously Incestuous Duo (the deuteragonists) and its a shame a fun premise can be held back by the leads.

Of course, I really like various elements of the series, its just that the leads keep them from unifying into what could be a great series (and if the flaws of the leads were actually part of the drama and not just comedycomedy, they might be better characters).

I do like the comparison of Tats to the NGNL guy, and agree with what it says about how to do the archetype right.
5319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

Ejanss wrote:

If you described professional hitman Golgo 13, he would sound so cool on paper, but in person...

And yes, I'll say it: While Captain Harlock LOOKS the epitome of cool badassdom, he's just an impenetrable snot.
He at least gets to show some heroic qualities in his cameos in other Matsumoto movies, like helping out the Galaxy Express characters.


An impenetrable snot, you say? well you something, you're not always right.
16172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Offline
Posted 6/5/15
This guy:



Because... damnit just because!
33486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/5/15
Saber from the Fate series.
27846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 6/5/15
Sasuke Uchiha
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.