First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Fellow black guy tries to help others in the hood, gets beat down by "Thugs"
24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
Some people just want to see the world burn. But on the real, if you fuck with a n***a's money, be it in hos or drugs you'll get a beat down. And if you look like you got money you might get robbed. Sad fact. Way you overcoming it? Lead by example.
8746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
This is upsetting, what a poor man and what a bunch of scum bags to do that to them.

I think i'd end up giving up on humanity if i were him after a ridiculous ordeal like that. Hopefully he recovers and gets the center open but i couldn't blame him if he just gave up on it.

Although i don't like the way this painted this as a 'black person problem'. I come from the Scottish equivalent of the ghetto (thankfully i left) and i've seen people brutally beaten in the streets and weapon attacks, i think American and British (or maybe all of the worlds) law and political forces should really see to it that scum like people who attacked this man a-re taken down. Hopefully they get their comeuppance because too many fannies get away with slaps on the wrists or no repercussions at all for doing crap like this because it's not a 'major' crime. -_- The problem with these communities (at least from my knowledge) is that no one will go in and clean these places up (figuratively and literally), wither that be from fear of confrontation, laziness or as it is in the UK with a completely apathetic outlook on these kind of places.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/6/15 , edited 6/6/15

tyranofication wrote:

The problem with these communities (at least from my knowledge) is that no one will go in and clean these places up (figuratively and literally), wither that be from fear of confrontation, laziness or as it is in the UK with a completely apathetic outlook on these kind of places.


Lol try open a community centre or something similar, the place gets trashed. Any bit of good that attempts to be done gets laughed at because being a decent person is 'not cool for ma street rep'. It can't be helped, they probably believe the world owes them something. They will just continue being poor and breeding until some event happens.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

That being said OP while I cant get behind what these people did referring to people of color as "degenerates" is pretty fucked up.


It's got nothing to do with their colour...


Still its brings up unfortunate implications.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15 , edited 6/6/15

LordDust wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

If you disenfranchise people and put them in a bad environment bad shit happens. Its commendable that this man is trying to make his area a better place.

That being said OP while I cant get behind what these people did referring to people of color as "degenerates" is pretty fucked up.


Thugs that beat people without any reasonable justification are degenerates, their skin color has nothing to do with it.

Courtesy of Google:
'noun
dəˈjen(ə)rət/
1.
an immoral or corrupt person.
synonyms: reprobate, debauchee, profligate, libertine, roué
"a group of degenerates"'

This would be libelous if it were untrue, but based on the video it seems apt. It is not racist to call any member of any race a degenerate when they behave in an immoral fashion.


Yes but words have developed second meanings outside of there dictionary term depending on the context. Thug has kinda become an acceptable form of saying the N-Word recently among right wingers. Calling members of a certain ethnicity degenerates brings on a second meaning when the ethnicity was treated as less than human in the past.
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/15

potentsativa wrote:

You can't really help people who don't want help in the first place


pretty much sums it up
22910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
what Megahobbit is saying is absolutely correct
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15

megahobbit wrote:
Yes but words have developed second meanings outside of there dictionary term depending on the context. Thug has kinda become an acceptable form of saying the N-Word recently among right wingers. Calling members of a certain ethnicity degenerates brings on a second meaning when the ethnicity was treated as less than human in the past.


So what words do you recommend we use to describe individuals who habitually engage in violent barbarism?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/15 , edited 6/6/15

LordDust wrote:


megahobbit wrote:
Yes but words have developed second meanings outside of there dictionary term depending on the context. Thug has kinda become an acceptable form of saying the N-Word recently among right wingers. Calling members of a certain ethnicity degenerates brings on a second meaning when the ethnicity was treated as less than human in the past.


So what words do you recommend we use to describe individuals who habitually engage in violent barbarism?


Just be conscious about the history and context of the words you use and use your best judgement not that hard.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/15

megahobbit wrote:


LordDust wrote:


megahobbit wrote:
Yes but words have developed second meanings outside of there dictionary term depending on the context. Thug has kinda become an acceptable form of saying the N-Word recently among right wingers. Calling members of a certain ethnicity degenerates brings on a second meaning when the ethnicity was treated as less than human in the past.


So what words do you recommend we use to describe individuals who habitually engage in violent barbarism?


Just be conscious about the history and context of the words you use and use your best judgement not that hard.


The problem is that any word chosen will be deemed inappropriate after a brief period of use.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/15

LordDust wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


LordDust wrote:


megahobbit wrote:
Yes but words have developed second meanings outside of there dictionary term depending on the context. Thug has kinda become an acceptable form of saying the N-Word recently among right wingers. Calling members of a certain ethnicity degenerates brings on a second meaning when the ethnicity was treated as less than human in the past.


So what words do you recommend we use to describe individuals who habitually engage in violent barbarism?


Just be conscious about the history and context of the words you use and use your best judgement not that hard.


The problem is that any word chosen will be deemed inappropriate after a brief period of use.


Not really. It just depends on the climate of the word know.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/7/15

megahobbit wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

That being said OP while I cant get behind what these people did referring to people of color as "degenerates" is pretty fucked up.


It's got nothing to do with their colour...


Still its brings up unfortunate implications.


Maybe to some but not to me, I'm not going to restrict my vocabulary just because some people want to try victimize themselves by pulling the race card on everything.
Posted 6/7/15
I don't understand what he means by / why he keeps saying "my people." Obviously, he is the only one who sees things that way. They clearly don't. My suggestion is to get out and find other people who deserve him and could appreciate him more... even if they are not "his people."
Posted 6/7/15

_MissTake_ wrote:

I don't understand what he means by / why he keeps saying "my people." Obviously, he is the only one who sees things that way. They clearly don't. My suggestion is to get out and find other people who deserve him and could appreciate him more... even if they are not "his people."


i wouldn't tell him to get out but there's something clearly wrong with him. I say, he might be insane lol.
Posted 6/7/15

severticas wrote:

i wouldn't tell him to get out but there's something clearly wrong with him. I say, he might be insane lol.


All the more reason to get out, no? Save others from himself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.