First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Diversity in Anime Fandom
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/15

Jan- wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

It is bit hard trying to find some African Americans that enjoy anime like I do. But then I stop caring and just enjoy my anime.


That last sentence is my relation to anime in nutshell.^^


Yay!
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/8/15
Trigger Warning! This thread is very triggering!


mel823 
11451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/8/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

It is bit hard trying to find some African Americans that enjoy anime like I do. But then I stop caring and just enjoy my anime.


Same.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/15

mel823 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

It is bit hard trying to find some African Americans that enjoy anime like I do. But then I stop caring and just enjoy my anime.


Same.


91517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 6/8/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


Jan- wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

It is bit hard trying to find some African Americans that enjoy anime like I do. But then I stop caring and just enjoy my anime.


That last sentence is my relation to anime in nutshell.^^


Yay!


Sometimes its nice to break free and be what you truly are.^^
24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/16
Thought it be a good time to bump this with all the talk about inclusion.
4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 9/8/16

MysticGon wrote:

Thought it be a good time to bump this with all the talk about inclusion.


So where is your 2 cents/pence worth of opinion?

Personally I can't see members of online communities so there's no real way of knowing if there's a minority one way or the other. I didn't grow up being stereotype and expected to have certain likes and dislikes just because of my ethnicity. There was some sexists views with being given certain toys traditional thought to be belong to a certain gender but that was the limit.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/8/16 , edited 9/8/16
What inclusion?

I've been on sites where anime fans ran from their teens/twenties to people in their 40s/50s/even 60s. I've met all sorts of people online who hail everywhere from the States to Mexico to the UK and France and even in Egypt.

A guy I know from another site has a theater and runs Ghibli movies all the time. My mom is in her 70s and I got her into Ghibli.

Maybe it's more males than females overall...but in my own experience, it's not like I ever felt excluded. Actually most guys that I've met thought it was cool that a female liked anime.
24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/16

tkayt wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Thought it be a good time to bump this with all the talk about inclusion.


So where is your 2 cents/pence worth of opinion?

Personally I can't see members of online communities so there's no real way of knowing if there's a minority one way or the other. I didn't grow up being stereotype and expected to have certain likes and dislikes just because of my ethnicity. There was some sexists views with being given certain toys traditional thought to be belong to a certain gender but that was the limit.


I think things are getting better. There is a growing number of black anime characters people can cosplay as. The fanbase in general is becoming more tolerant. No complaints. Just keep on progressing.
5138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/8/16
I just want to say, I am white as white can be, and I freaking hate nascar. I also love basketball and the NBA lol i know that's not really on topic but whatever
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.