Created by qualeshia3
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What books do you prefer when it comes to reading?
Posted 6/10/15
Novels ftw!
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

eatmorebikes wrote:

Novels ftw!


Cool
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
books that pertain to my field of study or whatever.. i can't really read fantasy books or anything like that because it's just so boring to me; my choice of reading is more grounded and mundane i'd say (to most people)
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/15

deer wrote:

books that pertain to my field of study or whatever.. i can't really read fantasy books or anything like that because it's just so boring to me; my choice of reading is more grounded and mundane i'd say (to most people)


So you enjoy nonfiction?
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/11/15
Novels, usually that of modern to post modern fiction. I also have a few non fiction books that I enjoy leafing through every so often. At the moment my fiction read is Roadside Picnic and my non fiction read is the Denial of Death.

As for physical or e-book format, I can't stand e-books. I don't begrudge those who do like them because I will admit, being able to have hundreds of novels on a small tablet can have its appeals, however I'm just not able to give up the smell of paper and the feeling of the book in my hand.

27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/11/15
The majority of what I read is a fairly even split of novels (primarily YA fantasy) and non-fiction (whatever looks interesting from the new book shelf at the library). Manga is a significant minority.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/15

Bushido_Dragon wrote:

The majority of what I read is a fairly even split of novels (primarily YA fantasy) and non-fiction (whatever looks interesting from the new book shelf at the library). Manga is a significant minority.


I listen to YA fiction. The only time I read nonfiction is to help me with writing.
Posted 6/12/15
Physical manga copies as well as the occasional E-Book version
2352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / A state of content
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Novels. I'm glad to see the amount of votes for that.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

Akumanomi wrote:

Novels. I'm glad to see the amount of votes for that.


A lot of people love novels.
20225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Somewhere on this...
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
I'll still read novels and light novels (normally in paperback but I do occasionally read hardcovers) but of late I've leaned to manga and comic books again for the nice mix of art and reading.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/15

trigunkwan wrote:

I'll still read novels and light novels (normally in paperback but I do occasionally read hardcovers) but of late I've leaned to manga and comic books again for the nice mix of art and reading.


Where does one get light novels?
9051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
Science Fiction or Fantasy. Loved Tolkien since I was little. Tad William's Tailchaser's Song is where my username comes from. Alan Dean Foster is good, loved the Spellsinger series.
20225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Somewhere on this...
Offline
Posted 6/14/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


trigunkwan wrote:

I'll still read novels and light novels (normally in paperback but I do occasionally read hardcovers) but of late I've leaned to manga and comic books again for the nice mix of art and reading.


Where does one get light novels?


Normally the best places are anime stores but now a few bookstores will sell light novels so you just got to ask. Also if there is an anime convention near you or that you're going to ask the dealers who sell manga if they got light novels. Hope that helps!

42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/14/15

trigunkwan wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


trigunkwan wrote:

I'll still read novels and light novels (normally in paperback but I do occasionally read hardcovers) but of late I've leaned to manga and comic books again for the nice mix of art and reading.


Where does one get light novels?


Normally the best places are anime stores but now a few bookstores will sell light novels so you just got to ask. Also if there is an anime convention near you or that you're going to ask the dealers who sell manga if they got light novels. Hope that helps!



Thanks it has.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.