First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 7/6/15
My thoughts so far...

11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 7/6/15

Narisko wrote:

Yeh hopefully when I get home from work this afternoon I will be able to sneak in just before or just after maintenance! If not, I'll just pay the transfer :D.


cool
16931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/15

ExiAHesP wrote:

add me, Lucien V'annoh, I'll help you level up :3


Eh ... you are on Tonberry ? If so i will add you ! My toon name is Fusou Hanaken

11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 7/7/15

Steffiekun wrote:


ExiAHesP wrote:

add me, Lucien V'annoh, I'll help you level up :3


Eh ... you are on Tonberry ? If so i will add you ! My toon name is Fusou Hanaken



yeah................. im on tonberry
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/15
Managed to get on just before the downtime yesterday, started up this afternoon - feel free to add me (Narie Skaux) will be great to have friends to chat to in game while levelling!
11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 7/10/15
no sub atm
3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
I'm up to level 11. My character is a female Midlander Hyur with dark blue hair named Stellia Vedalle who's a Thaumaturge. I'm thinking about giving her the Pugilist as her first cross class after I finish my first level 10 quest.
20969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
lvl 25 thaumturge on tonberry myself just need to find a free company
20969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

ExiAHesP wrote:


Narisko wrote:

Does anybody know how long it takes to transfer to Tonberry? I've been trying since Saturday very very early in the morning (AEST Aussie time) to create a new character on Tonberry but the server has been closed consistently since I re-subbed :(

Hoping to sneak in just before or just after maintenance tomorrow but it looks like I'm going to have to pay & transfer on to the server that way! Look forward to seeing everybody in game!


every 4 to 8 hours they have a gap free




Or you get my situation where i was up round the clock and Tonberry was closed for 2-4 days with no opening.
11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


ExiAHesP wrote:


Narisko wrote:

Does anybody know how long it takes to transfer to Tonberry? I've been trying since Saturday very very early in the morning (AEST Aussie time) to create a new character on Tonberry but the server has been closed consistently since I re-subbed :(

Hoping to sneak in just before or just after maintenance tomorrow but it looks like I'm going to have to pay & transfer on to the server that way! Look forward to seeing everybody in game!


every 4 to 8 hours they have a gap free




Or you get my situation where i was up round the clock and Tonberry was closed for 2-4 days with no opening.


I had to wait a day, also I have no money for a sub so.. I'll be playing other things, see other games
3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I'm up to level 11. My character is a female Midlander Hyur with dark blue hair named Stellia Vedalle who's a Thaumaturge. I'm thinking about giving her the Pugilist as her first cross class after I finish my first level 10 quest.


Just to follow up my own post, I just joined the Pugilist Guild last night. Is it best to build that cross class up till I match the level of my main class or should I continue with my path as a Thumaturge? My Thumatage level is at 12 by the way.
11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 7/27/15 , edited 7/27/15
probably cross class so you can use all the skills you have learnt on other classes, until you go through a class upgrade or whatever.. most of them are apparently not so useful
16931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:


rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

I'm up to level 11. My character is a female Midlander Hyur with dark blue hair named Stellia Vedalle who's a Thaumaturge. I'm thinking about giving her the Pugilist as her first cross class after I finish my first level 10 quest.


Just to follow up my own post, I just joined the Pugilist Guild last night. Is it best to build that cross class up till I match the level of my main class or should I continue with my path as a Thumaturge? My Thumatage level is at 12 by the way.


Hmm i would say stop leveling your Pugilist for the moment because once you upgrade your Thamaturge into Black Mage you can no longer use cross class skills from Pugilist. Although you can still play as Thamaturge, it is genearlly a bad idea to do so in dungeons since jobs are more specialized at their job and tend to do their job a lot more better. In fact i stopped seeing classes around lvl 35+ dungeon.

Black Mage use cross class from Archers and Arcanist so i suggest leveling those instead.

From Archer you will get the following skills

Raging Strike Level 4 : Since you learned that lvl 4 and you need them at lvl 15 to unlock Black Mage so grab that. 20% more damage is good plus useful to have especially if you need to burst something down.

Hawkeye Level eh ... 26 ?: useless since it increase dex and physical accuracy ...

Quelling Strike Level 34 : A good skill to have especially if you are serious about doing late game content since it decrease the enmity generated from your powerful spells and damage and it is useful to have if your tank is horrible at keeping aggro.

Arcanist's crossclass are generally more suited to casters.

Arcanist can give you the following cross class

Ruin Level 1 : 80 Potency damage ... well it is the most useless crossclass skill ever so don't bother taking it. Your Blizzard and Fire is more than enough.

Physick Level 4 : 400 Potency heal which is generally useless in dungeon since you don't have any MND stats ( execpt if you are not wearing lvl 50+ armor since anything before that give both MND and INT stats ) unless the healer fell asleep halfway or something but hey sometime you might need to heal yourself while you are out in the open world doing fates or something so i suggest you take it

Virus Level 12decrease enemy's STR and DEX which mean enemy punch less harder and might miss. Take it ( USE IT ON BOSS if there is no arcanist / summoner / scholar )

Eye for an Eye Level 34 : Give an ally a buff that have a chance to decrease the damage enemy do when they hit your friend. Useless when solo ( unless you have your chocobo out ) but GOD-LIKE in dungeon. Take it.

TLDR : Level your archer to lvl 15 because you will want Black Mage if you serious about playing Thamaturge, then level your arcanist to get at least Physick and Virus crossclass skill, and take Raging Strikes from archer. At this point, you can level all the way to lvl 60 ( 50 if you don't have Heavenward ) without a care, but if you are serious about raiding or being more useful to your party in dungeon then level archer and arcanist to 34 to get Quelling Strike ( Archer ), Eye for an Eye ( Arcanist )



28652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/29/15
I know almost absolutely nothing about this game. But my friends have been begging for me to join them, then when they finally convince me to buy and sub they chose Excalibur, which is almost always closed But thanks to my cold I woke up yesterday morning at 2:30 a.m. cst and was able to get in after the maintenance patch. Cold or not I felt like I just won the damn lottery lol. I had been trying to get in for about 4 days. Either way I called in to work because I was sick and pretty much played all day...



But now I'm alright with how things transpired. I'm really enjoying the game so far.

I'm planning on making a Dragoon. I'm currently a level 17 Lancer.

If anyone on Excalibur wants to be friends my ign is Wilhelm Rainer.
11367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / PH3NF1X
Offline
Posted 10/9/15
Just subbed again!

making the most of it gotta
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.