First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply getting bored of an anime
Le_Dom 
16903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
I sat through half of Eureka 7. I didn't find it bad or anything rather, it made me feel nothing. So I thought it would be better to drop then maybe pick it back up at a later point.
mnmike 
20137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
It depends on the length of a show.

A 12 episode series, I'll usually only drop if there is something I find objectionable to it--usually because of rape story lines that is just turning my stomach (the ef sequel and Freezing being the top two offenders I've dropped for that reason). If a short show is simply not catching my interest, I'll usually just power through it--sometimes shows do get better, after all.

Longer series, however, I'll usually drop it two or three episodes after it loses my interest. And I've done that several times: FMA (the original one; I loved Brotherhood), To Love Ru, and StarDriver are the three that first come to mind.
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
Yes, but it's usually because the anime drags on beyond it's expiration date. That's why I couldn't get into anime like: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece. Not to say those anime's suck or anything, but I mean seriously...end.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
Rarely. If I dropped anime as easily as some of the people I know, I would have never fallen in love with Gintama. I think I might have dropped 3-4 anime in my life?
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
Long running animes (over 200 eps) make me reaaaally bored The only long running show I have 100% completed is Gintama.


I try to juggle three shorter shows at once. Make sure they are different genres so you dont get overdosed on one particular type.
61636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/15

MrReaper300 wrote:
Have you ever dropped a manga or anime and just beacuse it seems boring.

all the time.

if I'm not enjoying something, why should I continue watching/reading it?

this goes for no matter how close to the end it is. I've dropped some series close to, or even on the last episode just because I didn't want to finish it.
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 6/11/15

MrReaper300 wrote:


piratequeen369 wrote:


MrReaper300 wrote:

I'm trying to finish bleach but i cant i know its old the anime, but when i watch it just bores me I dont know why. when i read the manga for it it seems interesting. Have you ever dropped a manga or anime and just beacuse it seems boring.


Bleach has a lot of fillers, a lot of the episodes are stuff that didn't happen in the manga but I encourage you to persevere because bleach has some of the best fight scenes I've seen in anime and I've been watching anime since I was seven. Seriously, there's a fight towards the end of bleach that'll blow you away, I've never seen anything else like it.


i get what your saying i like the plot and some good fight scenes. I skip the fillers for bleach but it just goes so slow and i rather read the manga but not to the current chapter because i heard that the bleach manga is kind of slow now. Ya the full-bringer battle i think that's what its called.


Yeah that fight's good too but there's another one you'll enjoy before the full-bringer arc, I don't want to say who Ichigo fights or what happens but until you get to that don't stop watching! I think it's the arc just before the full-bringer arc
5100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/15

piratequeen369 wrote:


MrReaper300 wrote:


piratequeen369 wrote:


MrReaper300 wrote:

I'm trying to finish bleach but i cant i know its old the anime, but when i watch it just bores me I dont know why. when i read the manga for it it seems interesting. Have you ever dropped a manga or anime and just beacuse it seems boring.


Bleach has a lot of fillers, a lot of the episodes are stuff that didn't happen in the manga but I encourage you to persevere because bleach has some of the best fight scenes I've seen in anime and I've been watching anime since I was seven. Seriously, there's a fight towards the end of bleach that'll blow you away, I've never seen anything else like it.


i get what your saying i like the plot and some good fight scenes. I skip the fillers for bleach but it just goes so slow and i rather read the manga but not to the current chapter because i heard that the bleach manga is kind of slow now. Ya the full-bringer battle i think that's what its called.


Yeah that fight's good too but there's another one you'll enjoy before the full-bringer arc, I don't want to say who Ichigo fights or what happens but until you get to that don't stop watching! I think it's the arc just before the full-bringer arc


Im probably going to wait until they bring back the anime then ill start watching it have you watched fairy tail before
2040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/15
I've dropped some including, but not limited to:
Is It Ok to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon (Why is this popular again?)
Nabunagun
SAO (That second season just stopped after episode 14 for me)
Bleach (SO SLLOOOWWW)
Is This a Zombie? (Got too reliant on sexual humor and also got too serious, which dragged down the show)
Baka and Test
Heaven's Lost Property (Possibly the worst anime I've attempted to watch. Literally only got through 2 episodes)
Punchline (It just was never as fun as episode 1)

And a good handful of others that I can't recall right now.
24538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/11/15
Each time a new season comes I put everything in my que. I drop the ones that are too kiddy or really don't make sense. I try my best to get through at least 4 episode and I will know whether I will like it or not. I agree with one member that sometimes you have got to stick with it and it will get better.

For instance,

Reborn
My Love Story
bleach
I cant understand my husband
World Trigger
Ace of Diamond
Haikyu
And I can keep going on and on

869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 6/13/15

MrReaper300 wrote:

Im probably going to wait until they bring back the anime then ill start watching it have you watched fairy tail before


You'll probably wait a long time. I tried to watch it, I can't get into it, I don't mind childishness in an anime but it was too unrealistic with there being no blood, even One Piece has blood, I think I got around 5 - 10 episodes in.
64932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 6/13/15
Pretty much all long-running anime series I am bound to get bored of. One Piece just keeps going on and on without really getting anywhere close to a resolution. With Naruto, there are just so many fillers and I think it would have been better off taking a break rather than to bombard us with a bazillion filler episodes with only about 1/10th of those actually worth watching. I got through Bleach, but that meant having to navigate through some poorly-timed filler arcs. The only long series that I haven't bored out as of yet is Fairy Tail as I'm almost finished with the first season and it's going stronger than ever. As for most other shows, I don't really get bored as so much as I just don't have the time to revisit them seeing that my backlog is just way too big.
20937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Online
Posted 6/13/15
I rarely get bored of any anime series. I'm not sure why, but I could probably watch hundreds of episodes of paint drying. Maybe I'm just that dumb.

I almost never drop series either, even if I don't like them or I think they are bad. I guess I just find both good and bad series fascinating in their own ways, and want to make sure the bad ones don't get better later on. I also want to see with my own eyes examples of bad production, so I can recognize them better. It may waste a lot of my time, but I think it will help me expand my knowledge and analytical thinking in the long run.

I'll probably start watching less of the bad series once my tastes and judgment have developed enough.
10420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/13/15
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this:



I thought I would slip into a coma... zzzzzz
5100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/13/15

Bakaneer wrote:

Pretty much all long-running anime series I am bound to get bored of. One Piece just keeps going on and on without really getting anywhere close to a resolution. With Naruto, there are just so many fillers and I think it would have been better off taking a break rather than to bombard us with a bazillion filler episodes with only about 1/10th of those actually worth watching. I got through Bleach, but that meant having to navigate through some poorly-timed filler arcs. The only long series that I haven't bored out as of yet is Fairy Tail as I'm almost finished with the first season and it's going stronger than ever. As for most other shows, I don't really get bored as so much as I just don't have the time to revisit them seeing that my backlog is just way too big.


did you watch the key to the starry sky arce all the fillers in Fairy tail are actually canon just saying
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.