First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Hard to get to know people on CR
Posted 6/10/15
Join a bunch of groups, get involved in them, that's how you really get to meet people honestly. Or you just add people randomly like I'm about to add you, hai new frienddddd o/
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

AnimeKami wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


Some of the comments I read here got the better of me.


Even the most seasoned users are not safe.


They are not. It can happen at any time, but once you see that "one", something is getting broken.
106837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

GoldTStar wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


Some of the comments I read here got the better of me.


Even the most seasoned users are not safe.


They are not. It can happen at any time, but once you see that "one", something is getting broken.


I have been leaving every time. I am not dealing with that.
mdmrn 
25457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
Groups I've found have been the best way to meet new people/get to know them. That and friending people/commenting on their walls. There are some friendly people here.

I try to be friendly...but some are off-put by my awesomeness.
12955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Apple Valley, CA
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

moonbox wrote:

Crunchyroll's forums make it so you really have to go out of your way to make friends. Jumping in can be kind of difficult since there's already established communities. Just say hello! I find the people here are at least friendly :)


I've met a lot of people through the forums, but I wouldn't call them friends. In my experience, the atmosphere is completely different from other forums. People usually don't even respond when they're quoted! I have to admit, though, Crunchyroll's notification system doesn't seem to work that well, so that may be partially to blame.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm not particularly good at being social or what, but I've yet to meet someone that I speak to on a regular basis on this website. Maybe things just don't click, who knows.

5209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
Greetings!

Your new easy to make anime based friendship has arrived!
Lilith Akemi is my name, and making contracts is my game, do you have a wish you need granted?

What are your favorite anime? Please tell me why, not the boring objective reasons, but the pretty emotional personal reasons
5209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
Join the meguca life

How are you doing? I go by Lilith Akemi on the internet

what do you think of sailor moon crystal?
1151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Between Goku's st...
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
I have (had?) only one friend from CR but we don't talk anymore. I stopped replying because she drove me crazy. (If you're reading this, it's not about you!)
1508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

OlympianRed wrote:


moonbox wrote:

Crunchyroll's forums make it so you really have to go out of your way to make friends. Jumping in can be kind of difficult since there's already established communities. Just say hello! I find the people here are at least friendly :)


I've met a lot of people through the forums, but I wouldn't call them friends. In my experience, the atmosphere is completely different from other forums. People usually don't even respond when they're quoted! I have to admit, though, Crunchyroll's notification system doesn't seem to work that well, so that may be partially to blame.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm not particularly good at being social or what, but I've yet to meet someone that I speak to on a regular basis on this website. Maybe things just don't click, who knows.



Yes, I noticed that as well. Most of the time people post their own experiences but nobody has a conversation. I think you have to either PM or write on their guestbook to make that next step.
5056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
Randomly add them, post on their guestbook, wait for a reply and start a conversation.


Best way to get to know them
12955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Apple Valley, CA
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

moonbox wrote:


OlympianRed wrote:


moonbox wrote:

Crunchyroll's forums make it so you really have to go out of your way to make friends. Jumping in can be kind of difficult since there's already established communities. Just say hello! I find the people here are at least friendly :)


I've met a lot of people through the forums, but I wouldn't call them friends. In my experience, the atmosphere is completely different from other forums. People usually don't even respond when they're quoted! I have to admit, though, Crunchyroll's notification system doesn't seem to work that well, so that may be partially to blame.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm not particularly good at being social or what, but I've yet to meet someone that I speak to on a regular basis on this website. Maybe things just don't click, who knows.



Yes, I noticed that as well. Most of the time people post their own experiences but nobody has a conversation. I think you have to either PM or write on their guestbook to make that next step.


From henceforth I am going to make it my mission to ensure that people have conversations.
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

Getik wrote:

Toast...
I win



that url though... ggwp

Getik 
15731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
Exactly, therefore, I win :DD
1508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/10/15

Cadvine wrote:

Join a bunch of groups, get involved in them, that's how you really get to meet people honestly. Or you just add people randomly like I'm about to add you, hai new frienddddd o/


Yesss!! This is how I've made friends too hello btw~
Posted 6/10/15

mdmrn wrote:


Not really...I'm not that awesome.


That's not true. You're the awesome chef of CR. You should have one of those ranks that mods and certain special users get that says "Awesome Chef."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.