Post Reply Player freezes if left paused for a while/player tries to load 1080p all the time
2012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
If I leave the player paused for more than 10-15 minutes, when I unpause it, it will play for a few minutes then freeze, and I will have to reload the page. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

And a more minor problem, 70-80 percent of the time that I load a video, it tries to load the 1080p version, despite the fact that my internet sucks and I have it set to load SD in the settings. It's pretty easy to just click the SD button but gets annoying pretty quick.
18074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/10/15
The pause issue is common . Just plan to refresh if you have to pause that long . Yes it's annoying . The second issue , I dunno...try emailing support on that one .
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 6/10/15

Axton99 wrote:

And a more minor problem, 70-80 percent of the time that I load a video, it tries to load the 1080p version, despite the fact that my internet sucks and I have it set to load SD in the settings. It's pretty easy to just click the SD button but gets annoying pretty quick.

If it did it 100% of the time, I could suggest a fix, but if it properly loads SD 20-30% of the time, you apparently have a problem going on aside from the usual "stuck" setting.

The stuck setting fix is to change your video preference to a previously unused setting (i.e, 720p) and then back to the desired setting (SD).

7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16
I have both of these problems also.

Even though my account setting is SD videos loads in 1080p almost every time.

Changing to 702p or 480p and back to SD didn't fix it.

Have to pause for 5min to wait for the video to cache. Much longer and it will play what has been cached, but won't resume downloading.


Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

baristan6 wrote:

I have both of these problems also.

Even though my account setting is SD videos loads in 1080p almost every time.

Changing to 702p or 480p and back to SD didn't fix it.

Have to pause for 5min to wait for the video to cache. Much longer and it will play what has been cached, but won't resume downloading.




Wipe your Crunchyroll cookies, sign in again, then make your settings.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/16

shinryou wrote:
Wipe your Crunchyroll cookies, sign in again, then make your settings.


Thanks that fixed the resolution issue.
You must be logged in to post.