First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The GOAT Anime Series: Does it Exist?
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15

BigChocolate wrote:


LionelJeid wrote:

As mow says, sports is easier to have a GOAT. And most sports don't even have one, because they have too many positions to play or the eras are too old to accurately account for how good they are. And as mow also says, those come under scrutiny, because they're so opinion based.

You're a GOAT.


Your mother was a hamster!
33909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15

Stonewolfe wrote:
Your mother was a hamster!

Well...

your father smelt of elderberries!
86452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15

BigChocolate wrote:


LionelJeid wrote:

As mow says, sports is easier to have a GOAT. And most sports don't even have one, because they have too many positions to play or the eras are too old to accurately account for how good they are. And as mow also says, those come under scrutiny, because they're so opinion based.

You're a GOAT.


I can neither affirm nor deny this.
7571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Don't have a goat, man...
15493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
I don't think there's yet to be an anime series focused on goats.. Though i'm sure it'll come one day in some form or the other. Probably moe goat girls or something.

As for responding to this more seriously.

Of course it doesn't. That's subjective. That's like asking if there is a greatest pizza of all time. Hell you yourself point out that people can't agree on it in other fields. And that's just in what. 100 years of moviemaking or so ?

5117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Yes, this is something that comes with personal prefences. My series are GOAT.
26203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Personally, I think Code Geass is the greatest anything of all time.

But that's just me.

It has its flaws, but the good parts outshine everything else ever created, to the point where the flaws don't bother me.
Ejanss 
17109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15

AirMarshall wrote:

When you say GOAT, people think of a few things: in sports, GOATS are like Michael Jordan to Basketball, Walter Payton to Football, Babe Ruth to Baseball, and in movies people consider Citizen Kane as the GOAT, or Casablanca, or The Godfather, etc. But is there a GOAT Anime Series?


That's strange, when you say "goat" without capitals, people tend to think of the loser who singlehandedly screwed things up for everybody, and gets right or wrongly piled on with blame for everything because it's easier.

I suppose that makes Carl Macek the Goat of Anime.


Series5Ranger wrote:

By the way for those scratching their heads:

GOAT = Greatest Of All Time...


....OHHHhhhh!

See, you mentioned sports, and I kept picturing that Peanuts strip where Charlie Brown tries to save the baseball game with one last run and fails.
Charlie: "I thought I was going to be the hero, and instead I end up being the goat."
Lucy: "If you think of yourself that way, it's only natural that other people will too."
Charlie: "Are you sure?"
Lucy: "I'm positive....Good night, goat."
73348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Well, it's highly subjective as to whether or not it does exist. But if there isn't, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the closest thing to it.
38360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Your GOATs and my GOASTs may not come from the same breed.
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15
Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
mdmrn 
25615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/11/15

You win the thread. Here's a prize:
54576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/12/15
I like this one better:


Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/12/15
no such thing exists. besides, if one did, who would deem it as such? how many people need to agree with this for it to be deemed acceptable? how will future anime be taken into consideration?
37051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / My Chair, OH
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/12/15
This is what I thought of...

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.