Post Reply Should CR become a MCN (Multi Channel Network)?
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/12/15


I think so, here's why.


When we look at gaming and Hollywood then they've got a bunch of MCN's that both help to advertise content from each industry and bring in hype thanks to MCN's like fullscreen that's owned by Disney and Machinima owned by Microsoft. However there really isn't one for anime meaning that I think CR could break into a new market if they became a MCN and also generate more income for the company as a whole that can be used for more licenses of anime. Why do I think this? WEll it's simple if you look at what Hollywood controlled MSN's does then they do things like reviews that can help bring in new potential fans into a movie they've never watched, so if CR did this then they could maybe have a small add in the beginning of each video or the end of each video on youtube. Doing this would bring the brand name forward and may even get more subscribers/users to this site. And even if they partner whit someone who doesn't make anime reviews then they could still put a add in the video or make a small amount of profit from ads playing in the video. And I think this money could be used for more anime which in the end just ends up supporting the industry more :D

So what do you think?
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/15 , edited 6/12/15
I'll support anything that makes anime more accessible to the masses and more profitable for the creators.
Posted 6/11/15
Well said....very well said. Then maybe in that case, they will finally release the Another OVA to here. They totally skipped out on posting it on here. I was saddened by that.
71506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / オランダ
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
I think they would have done this long ago if they could. The process of becoming an MCN is probably not that simple, but I support the idea, yes ^
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15
So....you're basically saying CR should advertise on Youtube?

Wait, Youtube has ads?
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

evilotakuneko wrote:

So....you're basically saying CR should advertise on Youtube?

Wait, Youtube has ads?


Nope, that's not what I'm saying since I know someone can just use add blocker to push away ads to oblivion. But what I'm saying is that they should become a MCN network and partner whit content creators. So for instance if CR becomes a MSN then they could have stuff like include our logo in your video or make a short introduction about CR in the first 5-10 seconds of your video in the contract whit the content creator. If they did this then it would push more people into knowing about the brand and may even decrease piracy in the anime industry since people don't know any better and think there isn't any legal anime services in English. But when you look at MCN's then there's a lot of them that takes a add revenue from videos and I think CR could use this as another income platform for their business, more money would allow them to maybe license more content for us to enjoy
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

Mukurowl wrote:

I think they would have done this long ago if they could. The process of becoming an MCN is probably not that simple, but I support the idea, yes ^


Doesn't look that hard to become a MCN https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/manage-mcn.html.
71506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / オランダ
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

Heeh.. you've done your research, well I'm all for it.
14390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ✰ηєνєяωнєяє✰
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



Nope, that's not what I'm saying since I know someone can just use add blocker to push away ads to oblivion. But what I'm saying is that they should become a MCN network and partner whit content creators. So for instance if CR becomes a MSN then they could have stuff like include our logo in your video or make a short introduction about CR in the first 5-10 seconds of your video in the contract whit the content creator. If they did this then it would push more people into knowing about the brand and may even decrease piracy in the anime industry since people don't know any better and think there isn't any legal anime services in English. But when you look at MCN's then there's a lot of them that takes a add revenue from videos and I think CR could use this as another income platform for their business, more money would allow them to maybe license more content for us to enjoy


That's all I need to hear
8687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
I strongly support this. Would be a great addition to the economy.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

serenity_midnight wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:



Nope, that's not what I'm saying since I know someone can just use add blocker to push away ads to oblivion. But what I'm saying is that they should become a MCN network and partner whit content creators. So for instance if CR becomes a MSN then they could have stuff like include our logo in your video or make a short introduction about CR in the first 5-10 seconds of your video in the contract whit the content creator. If they did this then it would push more people into knowing about the brand and may even decrease piracy in the anime industry since people don't know any better and think there isn't any legal anime services in English. But when you look at MCN's then there's a lot of them that takes a add revenue from videos and I think CR could use this as another income platform for their business, more money would allow them to maybe license more content for us to enjoy


That's all I need to hear


Keep in mind that if they have more income sources doesn't necessarily mean more anime since they can just decide to put the money in their pocket instead of investing in new and more anime. Also more income will make their numbers look better for the investors. But I personally hope they do invest in new anime if they become a MCN
2841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
I think they should tend more to this site then others, last time SaO II finally got released the server crashed everywhere.
7691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Basketball Court
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
I will support CR no matter what!
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/13/15

Biggle wrote:

I think they should tend more to this site then others, last time SaO II finally got released the server crashed everywhere.

.
Well that is 'cause their servers got DOSed when too many people tried to access the servers. And it's impossible to stop this no matter what, you can invest in more servers and all but in the end if too many people try to access the server then it will go down. But if they get add revenue from youtube then they could use some of that money for network infrastructure. Also CR becoming an MCN won't affect the servers on here in any bad way, it'll just become another revenue stream for them. And you as a user really should support that since they can provide a better service then they already do if they get another revenue stream
You must be logged in to post.