First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Conspiracy theorists
Posted 6/12/15

bobsagget wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

(S)hitler based his whole regime off the foundation laid by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Filthy racist maggots projecting their little weiner problems on a hapless group of people who have degraded since the beginning of time.

All over /b/ is the pic of the Jewish guy with the big nose plotting world domination. Those flubbernuts don't realize it's not the Jews fault you're a failure, a la Hitler failing to get into cushy art school twice, it's your own fault for being a weak, lame individual. You wanna scapegoat? Buy a mirror.

There's still so much of this Antisemitism based off of exactly that, fear, and self hatred.

/r


What's /b/?


4chan board
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15
All the mysteries of the world can be explained with one word:

49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

biscuitnote wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The same kind of 'tin foil hat wearing" radicals that think all universities are just a Marxist plot.


Explain why the majority of my professors shoved leftist tripe down my throat then. Or why in my SCIENCE class we watched a Micheal Moore film. If you are conservative and voice your opinions in a university setting you are punished for it.


It seems a little ridiculous to ask someone to explain your personal experiences when you are the sole arbiter and narrator of those experiences. You're unanimous in that ,right?
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 6/12/15

bobsagget wrote:

As we all know conspiracy theorists (conspiratards) are the scourge of the internet. They are tin foil hat wearing nuts jobs who believe nonsense like Aliens did 9/11 and that the world is secretly controlled by Lizard people and other nonsense like that.

But out of all the insane conspiracy theories the most ridiculous one is without a doubt “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.” If you don’t know what the Protocols of Zion are, they are basically a set of forgeries that outline an elaborate, centuries old Jewish conspiracy to systematically take over the world. They were first published by Philip Stepanov in 1897 in Russia and were eventually widely distributed by Henry Ford in America in the 1920’s.

The fact that anybody actually believes this nonsense amazes me. I mean, how gullible do these idiots have to be? If you want to see what these conspiratards actually believe you can read the protocols here for yourself.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

Seriously what lunatics.


Yes, most of them are utter bs and are just fun to read/watch. But there are some theories that have proven to be correct *wink* NSA spying *wink*
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15
Not just conspiracy crap but anti-semitic conspiracy crap that was used to justify the slaughter of millions.
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

AiYumega wrote:

(S)hitler based his whole regime off the foundation laid by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Filthy racist maggots projecting their little weiner problems on a hapless group of people who have degraded since the beginning of time.


And even those ideas were based on goofy misinterpretations:
The medieval Catholic church wanted to find someone to "blame" for the Crucifixion, and when the Book of John (written during early schisms between Judaism and early Christianity) made the temple priests into a bunch of scheming meanies, found their scapegoat.
As a result, the Church's influence in medieval Europe made their "payback" so that Jews weren't allowed to own their own property, which left them to trades involving managing other property, like moneylending--Which immediately had them castigated as "Only interested in money".

Which pretty much set the tone of all conspiracy theories over the next thousand years, ie. inventing your own enemy and then blaming them.

(And on a side note, aren't we in danger of overusing "-Tards" as an all purpose suffix?
It worked with Avatards because of the convenient play on words, and after that makeup-girl on YouTube, the term certainly fit. "Narutards" might have had a ring to it, but you can't just paste it onto any social group that has an ending T-syllable.)
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

bobsagget wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The same kind of 'tin foil hat wearing" radicals that think all universities are just a Marxist plot.


Explain why the majority of my professors shoved leftist tripe down my throat then. Or why in my SCIENCE class we watched a Micheal Moore film. If you are conservative and voice your opinions in a university setting you are punished for it.


He's sarcastically referring to a comment I made on another thread. And pirththee yes those are the exact kind of radicals i'm talking about lol.


Well I figured you were fishing for a response, so the only polite thing to do was to supply one.It did make me chuckle.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

streamhopper wrote:




I would have to agree with biscuitnote I went for computer programming and the professor we had would spend about 20 minutes out of a 45 minute class going on about how bad conservatives were. It got to a point were I stood up and told him to get on with the lesson he should be teaching coding instead of just sprouting off his political beliefs. I refused to transfer out of his class because I knew of only one other conservative in class and I could guaranty you he would have spent the entire time bashing his views if I wasn't there.
Xeemix 
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Those NHK bastards are after me!
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

Bavalt wrote:
This. Why try and stop the theorists from doing what they do when their ideas are so fascinating? Some of these theories are extremely intricate and seem well-supported, because of years of people tossing them around and refining them to be more and more plausible. If anything, studying them (with the intention of supporting or debunking them - or better yet, with no intention either way going in) is some nice mental exercise.


It's frustrating, in that some of the more wishful-enthusiastic conspiracy theories--like Who Wrote Shakespeare, or the Faked Moon Landing--are just so, so, so dopey and fact-misinformed by people who didn't pay much attention in high school, not to mention that every invented Urban Legend is basically a Freudian coverup for our own mean moral-payback and enemy-inventing backbiting and sniping at the people we think responsible for the frustrations around us.

Some of the myths busted by Adam & Jamie on "Mythbusters" (many of which "urban legends" were just borrowed wholesale from old movie and cartoon scenes) were just down the rabbit hole to begin with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWMz51eL0Y
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

bobsagget wrote:

As we all know conspiracy theorists (conspiratards) are the scourge of the internet. They are tin foil hat wearing nuts jobs who believe nonsense like Aliens did 9/11 and that the world is secretly controlled by Lizard people and other nonsense like that.

But out of all the insane conspiracy theories the most ridiculous one is without a doubt “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.” If you don’t know what the Protocols of Zion are, they are basically a set of forgeries that outline an elaborate, centuries old Jewish conspiracy to systematically take over the world. They were first published by Philip Stepanov in 1897 in Russia and were eventually widely distributed by Henry Ford in America in the 1920’s.

The fact that anybody actually believes this nonsense amazes me. I mean, how gullible do these idiots have to be? If you want to see what these conspiratards actually believe you can read the protocols here for yourself.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

Seriously what lunatics.


That site is actually against the whole Protocols hoax. That's part of a Bible study against antisemitism and its propaganda in modern times.....so yeah, press link in context.

That being said I've ran in to my fair share of that junk. We have a local cult,Church Universal Triumphant, that seems pretty standard new age on the outside but most involved LOVE conspiracy theories. So every other day around town there's cheap hand copied flyers about illuminati-bilderberg-walmart genocide conspiracies.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

AiYumega wrote:

(S)hitler based his whole regime off the foundation laid by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Filthy racist maggots projecting their little weiner problems on a hapless group of people who have degraded since the beginning of time.

All over /b/ is the pic of the Jewish guy with the big nose plotting world domination. Those flubbernuts don't realize it's not the Jews fault you're a failure, a la Hitler failing to get into cushy art school twice, it's your own fault for being a weak, lame individual. You wanna scapegoat? Buy a mirror.

There's still so much of this Antisemitism based off of exactly that, fear, and self hatred.

/r


To I will say Mein Kamph is an amazing read from a psychological view. A man descending in to mental darkness, slowly giving in to his own insecurities and turning that in to such extreme hate. Should be required reading for any stuff in mental illness and psychology.
Posted 6/12/15



Yeah I had to read portions of it for a course on the Holocaust and can honestly say Hitler was batshit insane.

How he managed to carry on his illusions for almost 20 years is beyond me. Germany had to be a special kind of stupid to fall for his words, even if they were in a rough time.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

J-POP187 wrote:


streamhopper wrote:




I would have to agree with biscuitnote I went for computer programming and the professor we had would spend about 20 minutes out of a 45 minute class going on about how bad conservatives were. It got to a point were I stood up and told him to get on with the lesson he should be teaching coding instead of just sprouting off his political beliefs. I refused to transfer out of his class because I knew of only one other conservative in class and I could guaranty you he would have spent the entire time bashing his views if I wasn't there.

I have to disagree with you on that. Even in political science classes our professors were always very careful to be objective.It was considered a matter of professionalism.At that time the area was solidly conservative and many professors were aligned in varying capacities with the political and business leaders of the community .You never would have known this unless you got to know them personally.I'm typically described as just left wing of Karl Marx and probably would have been somewhat sensitive to a conservative bias.It just didn't happen.I guess that represents a tribute to the professionalism of the individuals involved.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

pirththee wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:


streamhopper wrote:




I would have to agree with biscuitnote I went for computer programming and the professor we had would spend about 20 minutes out of a 45 minute class going on about how bad conservatives were. It got to a point were I stood up and told him to get on with the lesson he should be teaching coding instead of just sprouting off his political beliefs. I refused to transfer out of his class because I knew of only one other conservative in class and I could guaranty you he would have spent the entire time bashing his views if I wasn't there.


I have to disagree with you on that. Even in political science classes our professors were always very careful to be objective.It was considered a matter of professionalism.At that time the area was solidly conservative and many professors were aligned in varying capacities with the political and business leaders of the community .You never would have known this unless you got to know them personally.I'm typically described as just left wing of Karl Marx and probably would have been somewhat sensitive to a conservative bias.It just didn't happen.I guess that represents a tribute to the professionalism of the individuals involved.


I would agree that its a matter of professionalism and this professor had none. I could understand if it was in a political science class and he brought out both sides but this was computer coding. I was " I know i'm a fool for paying this much" paying near 10000 a semester and to have time wasted is what really rub me the wrong way. While I would hope most teachers/professors would teach their assigned subjects. I guess i'm going to have to wait and see how it goes when my nephew goes to college next year. I just hope they teach him what he wants to learn "chef" and not get into politics.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.