First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Why all the player hating?
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Now... in America, a man who bangs tons and tons of women is known as a Player... The cool guy.
A woman in the same position is regarded as a "slut"
And let me admit it... women have it worse and have more stigma and scorn for being a "slut" than a man does for being a "player"
And I'm against slut shamming... why? Because I want more girls and women out having sex more often... I want more girls to think, "Hey, I want that D, I could care less about that guy though" I want women to think of men like me in the same way I think of them... It'd make no sense for me to be in favor of slut shaming, since I want more sexually liberated girls. Now, I will gladly shame women who make too many babies, but that's another controversy for another thread.

But... while it's mostly against women. You can't act like the stigma against men is non-existent. Men are thought of in a negative light as well...
If a man is a player, "Oh, he's a bad person" or "He'll never be happy getting laid meaninglessly" or "You'll regret not finding the right woman" Really? Tell someone that they're a bad person for being gay, or that they won't be happy with who they are, or that they'll regret it? See what the fuck happens.

Now the number one argument against people who could be called "players" is that they're breaking girls hearts and leaving them after just using them for sex... Well.. the way I see it, as long as the man doesn't directly lie, he can't be held responsible for her stupidity. If she chooses to have sex without any confirmation that he loves her, then that's on her. If he lies and tells her shit to get laid that's another story.... However, if a guy sits back, gets laid, and SHE comes to the conclusion that he loves her, then she's the one responsible for her own heart ache and has no one to blame but herself for her own broken heart.
Just like if a man casually refers to his girl as "bitch", she's the one staying with him, don't blame the player or the game, blame the coach. Which would be the girl in this case.
Posted 6/12/15
K
2841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
The cool guy?

I thought they were called manwhore.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

Biggle wrote:

The cool guy?

I thought they were called manwhore.


Yea.. but most men don't take that as an insult as much as women do towards the word slut.
And lets face it... they are cool and should be looked up to. Those are the people you say, "Hey, I wanna be like that guy. Dude your awesome. Teach me the way great paladin of pussy."

Hell, who do you ask for dating advice? The guy who's been laid the most obviously.
Posted 6/12/15
It will not change you're luck in any case. The wind ill not blow favorably towards you if women revel in indiscreet pursuits.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

severticas wrote:

It will not change you're luck in any case. The wind ill not blow favorably towards you if women revel in indiscreet pursuits.


Well, I'm sure there are plenty of women who only care about sex, the same way there are men who only care about sex... And if a woman just wants my dick and doesn't give two shits about me, I don't think my personality would matter.

Just like if I'm trying to get with a girl, I care nothing of who she actually is. I'm possitive men are not the only people who feel that way.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/12/15

silversongwriter wrote:


Biggle wrote:

The cool guy?

I thought they were called manwhore.


Yea.. but most men don't take that as an insult as much as women do towards the word slut.


Because it's more common for those kinda girls that sleep around to complain more, just like it's more common for a guy to brush it off and get on with it, also it's more often other women that call women slut.
Posted 6/12/15

silversongwriter wrote:


severticas wrote:

It will not change your luck in any case. The wind ill not blow favorably towards you if women revel in indiscreet pursuits.


Well, I'm sure there are plenty of women who only care about sex, the same way there are men who only care about sex... And if a woman just wants my dick and doesn't give two shits about me, I don't think my personality would matter.

Just like if I'm trying to get with a girl, I care nothing of who she actually is. I'm possitive men are not the only people who feel that way.


Okay, if you say so xD
14763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/12/15
They should hold more Hindu funerals
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:


Biggle wrote:

The cool guy?

I thought they were called manwhore.


Yea.. but most men don't take that as an insult as much as women do towards the word slut.


Because it's more common for those kinda girls that sleep around to complain more, just like it's more common for a guy to brush it off and get on with it, also it's more often other women that call women slut.


Yea, you're definitely right... in fact, most of the time I've heard the words, "bitch, slut, or whore" it was an insult from one woman to another.

Also, let's go back to the days of ol'... really ol'... Kings would have several wives and concubines all for their private sexual enjoyment. So maybe having lots of woman makes a man seem powerful or kingly. I know if I had 4 or 5 different women I'd feel like a king.
However, a concubine was just a concubine... nothing special about them.

So I guess it just makes sense there's some gender bias on who's cool for having lots of sex


Ejanss wrote:

They should hold more Hindu funerals


I don't get it... I mean, I'm sure you meant that as some form of remark, but I just don't get it honestly.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Actually there is a historic context and stodgy morality play definition for the "promiscuous" male. Check out the "Rake's Progress" by William Hogarth.
14763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

silversongwriter wrote:

Ejanss wrote:

They should hold more Hindu funerals


I don't get it... I mean, I'm sure you meant that as some form of remark, but I just don't get it honestly.


I'm not sure, but I, er, THINK it's lampooning how desperate your troll-bait openers are now that you think you're "back again", hearkening to the one everyone remembers for being so loopy and contrived it was the camel-straw that got you banned the first time.

(And if it happened once....)
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Because in America it's cool to be a dick. In England, we have a bit more respect and maturity.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/15 , edited 6/12/15

Ejanss wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:

Ejanss wrote:

They should hold more Hindu funerals


I don't get it... I mean, I'm sure you meant that as some form of remark, but I just don't get it honestly.


I'm not sure, but I, er, THINK it's lampooning how desperate your troll-bait openers are now that you think you're "back again", hearkening to the one everyone remembers for being so loopy and contrived it was the camel-straw that got you banned the first time.

(And if it happened once....)


Oh... are you refering to when I said it should be perfectly legal to conduct Sati rituals? Well... I stand by that.


eclair-lumiere wrote:

Because in America it's cool to be a dick. In England, we have a bit more respect and maturity.


So is the UK more cool with men banging tons of women and not caring about them, or less cool with it than the US?
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/12/15
Why do I open these threads? Reading your thesis makes my head hurt.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.