First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Would it possibly be a good thing if humans lost the ability to reproduce?
14763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/14/15

PhantomGundam wrote:
Isn't it that time of the month for you to get banned again?


Well, if we use the "Hindu funeral" thread as the yardstick for how self-consciously loopy the threads get before an official ban, then....yeah, I'd say were in the acceptably loopy Ban ballpark.
Maybe not with some of the others in the past few days, but he knows he's trying to push for it, so this one's got that nice artificial rabbit-hole quality to it.

Too bad we've got a Mod who's about as vigilant as Col. Blake at the 4077th, which is why the trolls DO come here for a hangout.

(Eh, you kids got it soft, back in the old Usenet days, Moderators were a rarity, and we had to publicly humiliate the trolls ourselves, the old fashioned way. Almost thought I was getting rusty there for a while, after all these years.)
7413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Online
Posted 6/14/15

silversongwriter wrote:

I'm not asking you to agree with my bizarre opinion, since it literally contradicts human nature and the purpose of all of mankind's current achievements in the world...

However, I hate childbirth. I hate the idea, and it's wrong to me... it's wrong to make more people. The more humans we make, the worse life is. Humans are the cruelest creatures in the world and I think we evolved in reverse. We should evolve back into monkeys... I mean apes... whatever...
I wish I was a mad scientist... cause then I'd invent a radioactive field that would neutralize all the sperm on the planet... Every man will shoot blanks from then on...
Then... Man would realize the futility of everything and all war would cease.
And finally, after 100 or so years, we'd all be gone and there'd be peace on earth... We'd hope the next advanced species would do the same....
Plus, baby's are just so annoying... always crying and shit. Humanity would save the world from itself.

Of course the question is simple... If mankind truly is a plague upon the earth, and upon each other, then wouldn't it benefit everyone, even ourselves, if we didn't exist.


A true generalization there in the fact that "humans are the cruelest in the World". Just like everything in this World, good and bad are subjective to interpretation and either can be taken to extremes on any good day. On one hand we have Adolf Hitler and Charles Manson who prove your argument valid but on the other we have Mother Theresa and Mahatma Gandhi who have both influenced society in good/humane ways. It's the whole Yin/Yang thing. Some think that devastation causes salvation but they fail to realize that there is no one left to grant salvation to in the coming devastation. There's that Yin/Yang thing again .
48494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ar away
Offline
Posted 6/14/15

biscuitnote wrote:

I think 99 percent of humanity should lose that ability. Leaving only the smartest and most powerful with the ability to bear children.
Oh please, no. That would only create more inequality between people in power and the average person, we have enough of that already. We don't need another institution of class differentiation.
9522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fort Myer
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
Ew human haters. I'll brb, I have to go spit on some baby seals.
5136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
This topic is filled with radical opinions, without giving any of them a second thought.

Would sending us back to devolved apes make the pain go away? Sure. Because we'd all be dead.
We are the farthest evolved sentient species that we have seen thus far, and could be the actual farthest evolved sentient species for all anyone knows. Destroying that advantage and our own sentience doesn't seem like the best idea.

Sure, we cause wars. Sure, there is what you perceive as evil. But that 'evil' won't disappear when we do, only our perception of it will. Because it is a part of the universe. We have the unique possibility of working through the evil we create to reach a time where evil will be less prominent than it is now.
Why destroy that?

Do you give up on something because it is hard? No? Then why give up on the world because of what you call evil?

Keep in mind evil doesn't really exist. Nor does good. People don't do things for evil purposes, they do them in spite, rage, hate, fury, they do them not because they are evil but because they have a different view. Hitler didn't think he was 'evil'. He simply did what he thought was right, and disgusted the world in doing so.

Also, keep in mind this quote as well "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If we move forward, we can hope to reach a point in time in which 'evil' is uncommon. If we backtrack, that 'evil' will only become more prominent.

I think your problem is you are viewing the world in black and white, which it is not. It is not yin and yang, either. People have different outlooks on the world. They do different things for those outlooks. You then perceive those things as good and evil, because it is easier, however that is not the case. Rewind the process, and the world isn't filled with evil, it is filled with radically different opinions.

Generally, giving up because you can't handle the obstacles the world has isn't the best idea. We have the heavy responsibility of jumping over the world's obstacles in order to ensure tomorrow is just a slightly better place.
Posted 6/14/15

silversongwriter wrote:

Yea... but do you really want humanity to go on for another million or so years? People, especially environmentalists, talk about the end of humanity and climate change like it's a terrible thing... I doubt global warming would kill any of us living people anyways.
Would it not be nice for mankind to finally retire. As long as there are men there will be suffering and joy... but no matter how great the joy or the pain goes... do we really want the cycle to last forever.
It's like keeping a flame burning forever.


You just keep going around and saying the same things over and over without so much as considering the things people are telling you. I don't even know why you start threads and discussions when all you're after is to spew your opinions and try to force them onto others. It's clear that someone as stubbornly narrow-minded as yourself is not worth conversing with. Clearly I have nothing to gain from you but a headache. I am done here. Good day.
14763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/14/15 , edited 6/14/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:



You just keep going around and saying the same things over and over without so much as considering the things people are telling you. I don't even know why you start threads and discussions when all you're after is to spew your opinions and try to force them onto others. It's clear that someone as stubbornly narrow-minded as yourself is not worth conversing with. Clearly I have nothing to gain from you but a headache. I am done here. Good day.


Well, that's the thing with troll "stonewalling", y'see, they're overconfident enough to play percentages:
Even if Poster A and B laugh in their face, they always hope there's Gullible Idiots C, D, & E in the very next post (which there usually are ) who'll play along and fetch the stick like good believing puppy-dogs--And then he can use them to keep the thread on life support, ignore all those other meanies like they don't exist, and hope and pray that all the other gullible posters do, too.

Of course, in "stonewalling" the deadpan responses, damning the torpedoes, plugging his ears and going la-la to all those loud guffaws at his now worn-out tropes, and going ahead with making the whole thing Deadly Earnest to sucker the faithful, it can also run the risk of backfiring, and making the troll look like an autistic looney who's so stuck in his own world, he wouldn't know a brick or rotten tomato if it pelted him straight in the head.
There are great risks to personal dignity in public trolling, and it's an all-or-nothing bet.
20894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 6/14/15

silversongwriter wrote:

I'm not asking you to agree with my bizarre opinion, since it literally contradicts human nature and the purpose of all of mankind's current achievements in the world...

However, I hate childbirth. I hate the idea, and it's wrong to me... it's wrong to make more people. The more humans we make, the worse life is. Humans are the cruelest creatures in the world and I think we evolved in reverse. We should evolve back into monkeys... I mean apes... whatever...
I wish I was a mad scientist... cause then I'd invent a radioactive field that would neutralize all the sperm on the planet... Every man will shoot blanks from then on...
Then... Man would realize the futility of everything and all war would cease.
And finally, after 100 or so years, we'd all be gone and there'd be peace on earth... We'd hope the next advanced species would do the same....
Plus, baby's are just so annoying... always crying and shit. Humanity would save the world from itself.

Of course the question is simple... If mankind truly is a plague upon the earth, and upon each other, then wouldn't it benefit everyone, even ourselves, if we didn't exist.


Dude if you need help ask it, from the past month you have been posting forum topics that define human being as something should exist, my concerns is that behind the user that types those inhuman or against human topics there is a human that may be needing to express something or is in despair.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/14/15

Ejanss wrote:


_MissTake_ wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:



You just keep going around and saying the same things over and over without so much as considering the things people are telling you. I don't even know why you start threads and discussions when all you're after is to spew your opinions and try to force them onto others. It's clear that someone as stubbornly narrow-minded as yourself is not worth conversing with. Clearly I have nothing to gain from you but a headache. I am done here. Good day.


Well, that's the thing with troll "stonewalling", y'see, they're overconfident enough to play percentages:
Even if Poster A and B laugh in their face, they always hope there's Gullible Idiots C, D, & E in the very next post (which there usually are ) who'll play along and fetch the stick like good believing puppy-dogs--And then he can use them to keep the thread on life support, ignore all those other meanies like they don't exist, and hope and pray that all the other gullible posters do, too.

Of course, in "stonewalling" the deadpan responses, damning the torpedoes, plugging his ears and going la-la to all those loud guffaws at his now worn-out tropes, and going ahead with making the whole thing Deadly Earnest to sucker the faithful, it can also run the risk of backfiring, and making the troll look like an autistic looney who's so stuck in his own world, he wouldn't know a brick or rotten tomato if it pelted him straight in the head.
There are great risks to personal dignity in public trolling, and it's an all-or-nothing bet.


Ummm... you really overanalyze a lot

28599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 6/14/15


Yep what Sog said
Posted 6/14/15 , edited 6/14/15
You might just be scared of dying. It's okay, this jealousy of the many new lives born each day will eventually fade.

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”
4035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
It's not healthy to have such a negative view of humanity as a whole. I think you have to be clinically depressed. I really recommend seeing a therapist -- life is worth living. Humans do fucked up things sometimes yes, but as a whole we have been improving from the beginning.

About the actual question, of course it would be a bad thing. I mean, it'd be great for the population if a chunk of people stopped reproducing -- more sustainable resources for everyone, right? But outright extinction? That's just stupid.

If you don't want to have kids, don't have kids. I'm childfree by choice and it's pretty great. I don't think someone in your mental state could be a good parent anyway.
22903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/14/15
You need some Naru in your life bro....

Posted 6/14/15
Sure, if the rapists, molesters, murderers.. all the bad people did.
25047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 6/14/15 , edited 6/14/15

To me, askin' such a question is no different from "Would it possibly be a good thing if humans don't think"...... I won't postulate further.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.