First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it simply impossible to supply America with meat without cruel slaughterhouses?
5621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/15 , edited 6/16/15

Ejanss wrote:
Okay, let's just put our cards on the table, just so that we all understand each other:

Just WHAT WOULD IT TAKE for SS to cross the line and get another ban, never mind one for life, like he did after another solid week of day-by-day thread-bombs ending in the immortal Hindu Funeral? Give us a possible ballpark scenario. ("But he's such an interesting chap!")
What line of goofy, painful, disruptive, corny artificiality and vocal public group weariness in the responses would he have to cross in order to fall foul of whatever rules are actually enforced? (And once you mention it, he'll probably go for it anyway, so that'll help speed things along.) Even the happy-world idea that he might be "filling us up with wonderful discussion topics for our Algonquin Round Table" tends to be undercut by his bragging about posting them while drunk....Unless, of course, that was corny artificial shock-value, too. (Gee, I wonder. )
Normally, as I interpret the rules, it would take people notifying the Mod and complaining straight out; however, as your post shows, the Catch-22 is that it wouldn't do much good. Why call the police if your car gets stolen, if the police are on the chop-shop's payroll?

The problem isn't just me, and it isn't just him or Desu. We'd like to hear your point of view.
You suspect the threads may not be genuine, but you allow them anyway because they're "fun and colorful". I think the nearest equivalent question I'm looking for would be "Whose side are you on?"
I think many of us would be interested to hear the answer, as some, like AiYumega expressed, are feeling ready to ditch the "sinking ship"--Which would be rather bad when we weren't the icebergs that sank it.


You have one serious vendetta against me... Like? Can we talk about this or something?


Akage-chan wrote:

It would be much more expensive to buy meat if you want them to be treated humanely. In California, we recently had a measure come into effect where chickens were required to now be given enough room to move their wings in their cages. I had always thought this would be a given, but apparently, it wasn't. Either way, the increase in cage sizes meant an increase in prices.

If you look at the price of free range chicken verses everything else, it is pricier. That extra dollar or two could easily make chicken too expensive to consume for many people.


Yea... California, I'm not suprised... I consider them possibly one of the worst states in the union. When it comes to curropt legislature they're the left wing version of Texas... except Texas has personal and economic freedom California doesn't... The culture is all fucked up over there... Hell, a man can sue people for not being allowed to use the ladies room... so nothing from that culturally backwards state

However, clearly this must mean that California's population is so big that you have to stuff chickens in tiny cages to sustain it. I mean, if giving them wing-room is enough to raise the price of meat than damn.. there must be a lot of chickens in one slaugherhouse.
11632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/16/15

Sogno- wrote:

ya'll just need to get ur rifles and go huntin

shoot em in the right place and they die immediately and u got some good meat


See, Garfield here knows what's up.
11041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/16/15 , edited 6/17/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

My country is still an exporter of raw goods. in trouble now in fact due to the oil price tanking.



Oil, Car/ car parts and gold if I recall right.
15111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/15 , edited 6/16/15

Sogno- wrote:

ya'll just need to get ur rifles and go huntin

shoot em in the right place and they die immediately and u got some good meat


There, y'see? Now that SS derailed the topic to "Gun rights" as a red-herring to keep the sudden thread complaints off of himself, we can bring it back on topic again! It can work both ways!
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/16/15 , edited 6/16/15
I've worked in several Packing places including on the kill floor and the condition that some of the animals are in when received are pretty bad.Humanely kill?That's sort of an anthropomorphic paradox.
75436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/16/15
I think all meat eaters should either hunt a few times or spend some time on a slaughterhouse floor. It's too bad grocery store butchers allow us to keep our hands lily white.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.