First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Is there any crime that isn't directly harmful that you think should be illegal?
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15 , edited 6/17/15
Now... You know I'm socially libertarian and support every bodies rights. There is not one group in America I do not support, unless they're against freedom. I think the saying goes, "you're free to swing your fist as much as you want, so long as you don't hit someone else's face"
Well.... I guess the only thing I could say should be illegal would be commercial suicide pills, but only because you could use them as a poison to cover up murder... though I'm all for legalizing Kevorkian style assisted suicide. For ANY reason whatsoever.
And unlike some libertarians I do support some discrimination laws, but only for race, color, national origin, disability and sex. But not stupid shit that's a choice.
In fact there was a ruling that allows business's to fire or refuse to hire pot smokers in Colorado. I support that, despite being one.
However, discrimination is indirectly harmful, not directly harmful. So that must mean I have to make an exception for race, color, national origin, sex and disability... However, I'm cool with that. The harm caused by segregation proved that discrimination is dangerous to race, color, national origin, sex and disability (nobody else though)
I think the drinking, consenting and smoking age should be 16. Maybe some people might argue that's too high and I'm infringing on the freedom of 14 yr olds... Well... Some people are more extreme than me.

I guess I can't say I live by the saying "you're free to swing your fist as much as you want, so long as you don't hit someone else's face" ALL the time.. but pretty much 99% of the time... My only exceptions are no discrimination against stuff you can't control, and no selling of cyanide.

So... is there one thing that isn't directly harmful, but is indirectly harmful enough to where you think it should be illegal
Posted 6/17/15
Tell me something though, Mr. Silver. Do you ever crack a smile? Or are you always sad and introspective?
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

AiYumega wrote:

Tell me something though, Mr. Silver. Do you ever crack a smile? Or are you always sad and introspective?


Um... there's nothing sad or introspective here? I don't see what you're talking about. I was just curious... Is there anything that should be illegal even if it doesn't directly hurt another.

Again.. I'm always happy and joking.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:So... is there one thing that isn't directly harmful, but is indirectly harmful enough to where you think it should be illegal


Can I say the threads that you post? Or your priviledge to post here at all?
Posted 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

Tell me something though, Mr. Silver. Do you ever crack a smile? Or are you always sad and introspective?


Um... there's nothing sad or introspective here? I don't see what you're talking about. I was just curious... Is there anything that should be illegal even if it doesn't directly hurt another.

Again.. I'm always happy and joking.


The things that are illegal are illegal for a reason. Like murder, drug use, etc, etc.

It does hurt another, but tying your dog up outside a store should be illegal.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

dotsforlife wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:So... is there one thing that isn't directly harmful, but is indirectly harmful enough to where you think it should be illegal


Can I say the threads that you post? Or your priviledge to post here at all?


Sorry... I'm not LGBT, so I'm not really that socially privileged
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:So... is there one thing that isn't directly harmful, but is indirectly harmful enough to where you think it should be illegal


Can I say the threads that you post? Or your priviledge to post here at all?


Sorry... I'm not LGBT, so I'm not really that socially privileged


Nice deflection
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15 , edited 6/17/15

AiYumega wrote:

The things that are illegal are illegal for a reason. Like murder, drug use, etc, etc.

It does hurt another, but tying your dog up outside a store should be illegal.


Just cause something is illegal for a reason, doesn't make it a good reason.
Drugs should be legal because the motivation for banning them was to cease peoples freedom, cease peoples property, destroy new industries, and fund the SS wing of the US Nazi Party... The DEA.
It's ALL about money

Also, why trying them outside a store? I mean, if you have a dog, and you need to go in a store with no pets allowed what do you do?

However, chaining the dog to a brick at home and leaving them out all day should be illegal
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/17/15
I'm against most blue laws. I remember when shopping on sunday was illegal.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm against most blue laws. I remember when shopping on sunday was illegal.


Definitely... I hate anything that keeps me away from my booze
21860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / The Bahamas
Offline
Posted 6/17/15
I think that you should rephrase that question since it's kind of contradictory. If something is a crime, then it is already illegal, I believe you meant to say "if there is any act that isn't directly harmful that you think should be illegal".

I think it should be against the law for airlines to charge for baggage that weighs less than 100 lbs.

I also think it should be illegal for them to overbook flights.
Posted 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:So... is there one thing that isn't directly harmful, but is indirectly harmful enough to where you think it should be illegal


Can I say the threads that you post? Or your priviledge to post here at all?


Sorry... I'm not LGBT, so I'm not really that socially privileged

If you're straight, white, cisgendered and male, you're literally the most socially privilege person in society.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15
Socially libertarian?Is that what you call it.Why would you regulate suicide pills if you're pro suicide for any reason.Either way the abuse potential is off the charts.Have I misunderstood some of your past comments about women and gays.It seems that if memory serves, some of your past comments seem to run in direct contradiction to what is being stated now.Have you turned over a new leaf?I have a feeling your arch nemesis will arrive soon for your daily drubbing. Until then keep on posting. I support your first amendment rights to exercise your free speech ,even though I'm in direct opposition with most of what you say.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

anzn wrote:

If you're straight, white, cisgendered and male, you're literally the most socially privilege person in society.


I'm not white... but regardless, you're lucky I am straight, cisgendered, and male... cause if I wasn't, then I'd be able to call Gloria Allred and sue you
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm against most blue laws. I remember when shopping on sunday was illegal.


Yup, I remember that too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.