First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Is there any crime that isn't directly harmful that you think should be illegal?
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm against most blue laws. I remember when shopping on sunday was illegal.


Yup, I remember that too.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

pirththee wrote:

Socially libertarian?Is that what you call it.Why would you regulate suicide pills if you're pro suicide for any reason.Either way the abuse potential is off the charts.Have I misunderstood some of your past comments about women and gays.It seems that if memory serves, some of your past comments seem to run in direct contradiction to what is being stated now.Have you turned over a new leaf?I have a feeling your arch nemesis will arrive soon for your daily drubbing. Until then keep on posting. I support your first amendment rights to exercise your free speech ,even though I'm in direct opposition with most of what you say.


I'm in favor of suicide being 100% legal without government interferance. I support the right to do public or private cult suicides without involvment of authorities, and assisted suiciide.

However, suicide pills could be used as a murder weapon. That's why I'm against selling them in stores. It makes suicide easy to fake if you wanna kill somebody

And how are my comments about gays and women different in this thread? I always thought sex needs to be protected, but I've never thought it nessasary to do the same with gays, in fact, I think doing so for gays would negatively affect christians.

How exactly has my opinions changed? It's been the same so far
Posted 6/17/15 , edited 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:


anzn wrote:

If you're straight, white, cisgendered and male, you're literally the most socially privilege person in society.


I'm not white... but regardless, you're lucky I am straight, cisgendered, and male... cause if I wasn't, then I'd be able to call Gloria Allred and sue you

Then you the 3rd or 2nd most.
Still much more privileged than someone like me.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

silversongwriter wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

I'm against most blue laws. I remember when shopping on sunday was illegal.


Definitely... I hate anything that keeps me away from my booze


Facepalm, It's not the initial cost of your threads it's the upkeep.


10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/17/15
Commercial suicide pills?! That's a thing over there?! Good grief...

There's a lot of things that should be illegal in the USA but they are illegal in the UK, so I don't really care. I think the legal age for sex should be moved up to 18 over here though. Also, I think it should be illegal to give different amounts of prize money in sport in the mens and womens tournaments. Because let's be honest, it's just sexism when the men win more.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Commercial suicide pills?! That's a thing over there?! Good grief...

There's a lot of things that should be illegal in the USA but they are illegal in the UK, so I don't really care. I think the legal age for sex should be moved up to 18 over here though. Also, I think it should be illegal to give different amounts of prize money in sport in the mens and womens tournaments. Because let's be honest, it's just sexism when the men win more.


It has less to do with sexism and more to do with business aspects. Womens sports aren't nearly as popular as mens sports and don't generate anywhere near the amount of money. Logically, there's less to go around on their end. Yeah, it's probably a little sexist in some ways, but that isn't the main reason by a long shot. Business is business. It's all about the profits.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/17/15


But when a guy is getting say £30,000 and a woman is getting say £12,000 but the two of them are doing exactly the same thing, that is sexist no matter what other reasons are behind it.
2080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/15
Use of harmful agricultural herbicides and insecticides, cold calling such as the ones where callers ask people for donations and only 5% of the donations actually go to charity... I'll add few more later.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



But when a guy is getting say £30,000 and a woman is getting say £12,000 but the two of them are doing exactly the same thing, that is sexist no matter what other reasons are behind it.


And like I said, it is certainly sexist in some ways, it's just not the main reason. Take time to read my post thoroughly before responding please.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/17/15


I did read your post properly. But business and profits is not a valid argument for allowing sexism.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

anzn wrote:

Then you the 3rd or 2nd most.
Still much more privileged than someone like me.


Well... Then again, I don't see LGBT people as a "class" or a "minority" at all. I see them as a bunch of people who choose to live their lives differently. So I guess you're right.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



I did read your post properly. But business and profits is not a valid argument for allowing sexism.


Sadly that isn't how the world works kiddo... I'm not a fan of it either, in any type of job or work, but that's how it is. Welcome to the real world. Where nearly everything is driven by money. Doubt that will change any time soon either, especially in sports.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



But when a guy is getting say £30,000 and a woman is getting say £12,000 but the two of them are doing exactly the same thing, that is sexist no matter what other reasons are behind it.


Expalin how that works though? I mean, in the US, male and female sports are in different leagues and aren't paid by the same the people.
Unless it's a unisex sport, or the government subsidizes athletics, I don't' see why you'd expect them to be paid the same.
If more people like NBA and buy NBA products, but nobody cares that much about the WNBA, then there's no way they should be paid the same... afterall, you have two different bosses, two different leagues...

If you want more money, be more marketable.

But in America, sport teams are privately owned. Are they state entities in the UK?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/17/15


Hence why I dislike sports. You've got football players earning £20,000 a week or even more, and then there's nurses, doctors, police officers and people in the armed forces doing much harder jobs and saving lives who get nowhere near that kind of money.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/17/15


Right, so basically anything privately owned can do anything they want and not follow discrimination laws. yeah, makes perfect sense
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.