First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Dog eating festival in China
1422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 6/23/15
I think the only sad part is that they're skinned alive rather than put down first. I mean, what do you think humans were doing before dogs were domesticated? The exact same thing, just without the "festival" atmosphere. All kinds of animals are sold for meat, all kinds of animals are kept as pets. Some animals even live both lives.

1422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 6/23/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Allync wrote:

It's a different culture. Dogs are to some chinese what cows are to us.

To call it bad or disgusting is a little hypocritical.


Lol kid logic.

Even if you pet and love a calf from birth, they won't love you back.

No doubt these Chinese mass breed these dogs and the dogs try to show affection

huge difference bro....


Huge difference? The only difference I see is how well one animal shows affection compared to another. You're making it seem like if an animal doesn't respond to a human's kindness like a dog does then it doesn't love you.
Posted 6/23/15
inflicting unneccesary levels of pain onto an animal is disgusting. I think consuming animals is normal for humanity, but when you have no compassion or respect for the animal you kill at all, it's wrong.
11780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 6/23/15
I disagree with the treatment of the animals but I doubt America would be much different if it wasn't for PETA, and the FDA and other organizations of the like. Their treatment of animals will become better over time just like other countries have. It's just not one of their main concerns at the moment, they have plenty else to take care of first. Sorry Pups :/

8398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / the internet
Offline
Posted 6/23/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Allync wrote:

It's a different culture. Dogs are to some chinese what cows are to us.

To call it bad or disgusting is a little hypocritical.


Lol kid logic.

Even if you pet and love a calf from birth, they won't love you back.

No doubt these Chinese mass breed these dogs and the dogs try to show affection

huge difference bro....


I've experienced both cultures first hand.

I've seen dogs stacked for slaughter and you know what their reaction to me approaching them was? They showed extreme aggression and tried to attack me through their cages.

They showed me no affection. So no, dogs just dont automatically love people.

I'm actually a professional dog trainer now and I can tell you straight up from experience that if you dont show a dog compassion or care then it's definitely not going to show you any.

A dog that is treated like a wild animal is going to behave like a wild animal, same with cows and anything else. Feral cows and pigs are very dangerous but farm raised ones are docile.

You just don't understand nor wish to understand something that you deem to be morally wrong because of the culture you grew up in.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/15

IShouldBeStudying wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


Allync wrote:

It's a different culture. Dogs are to some chinese what cows are to us.

To call it bad or disgusting is a little hypocritical.


Lol kid logic.

Even if you pet and love a calf from birth, they won't love you back.

No doubt these Chinese mass breed these dogs and the dogs try to show affection

huge difference bro....


Huge difference? The only difference I see is how well one animal shows affection compared to another. You're making it seem like if an animal doesn't respond to a human's kindness like a dog does then it doesn't love you.


I have hamsters and dogs. My hamsters don't "love" me, they "trust" me. They just become complacent, whereas the dog is faithful and loving. Huge difference indeed. Cows probably see their breeders as background noise, a means to an end (their food, their exercise) - they just tolerate them.

Some animals have the capacity to love, others not so much.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/15 , edited 6/23/15
meanwhile kids in china

1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cincinnati, OH
Online
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15
Dog eating festival? Yeah, no dog would want to go to China.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15

xxJing wrote:

The thing is we literally created dogs to be companions. We bred them for that specific purpose. That is why they are cute, loyal, and friendly. They were genetically engineered (through selective breeding) to be that way. It's a little difficult to eat a creature we created to be a friend, companion, and employee.


Agreed. I couldn't handle it.



http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/150720-dogs-animals-science-pets-evolution-intelligence/
748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
Although I absolutely do not condone the practice of eating cats or dogs, I am quite aware of the cultures around the world that do.

In western society, eating domesticated animals is severely looked down upon because they are considered beloved pets. As a Canadian citizen and living here my entire life, I see eating dogs and cats as disgusting and wrong because the act is completely foreign to me.

However.

Had I grown up in China, eating domesticated animals such as dogs would seem normal to me...I just they would do it in a more humane way...
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15
The Chinese sure wouldn't like it if they were skinned alive, then boiled to death. Man, what a disgusting country at times. With the whole child policy added in there and the horrific things that happen as a result of it, it's like they have little to no value for life.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
Other people eating dogs doesn't bother me, but I could never do it. Our family has always had a dog in the house, it would feel like I'm eating a person. When you're around dogs that often you realize they have personalities just like we do.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
Yum Yum.
6655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The moon
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
ehhh
8952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / U.A Highschool
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
Although eating dogs is gross (at least too me) I dont care if they do just dont drag me into it
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.