First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Spring 2015 WORST ANIME
9119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
I'm in love with Food Wars. Though I haven't read the manga so I see where you're coming from.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
Of the ones originally mentioned:
- Punchline I wasn't convinced by at first, but it got better as it went on, the season finale was fantastic
- Gunslinger Stratos wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough to drop imo (I've never yet dropped a series though so maybe I am just more resilient than other people to bad writing and animation)
- Triage X wasn't great, but again, wasn't bad enough to drop, the badass action scenes kind of redeemed it in my eyes, and at least until about episode 6 I thought the plot still existed enough to draw me in
- Food Wars is one of my favourites this season, I don't get how people can not like it :O

Others however:
- ngl I hated Wish Upon the Pleiades, I thought the characters were annoying, I didn't even realise Minato was a boy until about episode 8, the finale made no sense and generally the plot just seemed unnecessarily drawn out
- I don't think it's necessarily been bad but I have hardly enjoyed Kekkai Sensen at all, it never seemed to be able to decide whether it wanted to be episodic or not, so there'd be three episodes in a row of random things going on, and then they'd have a five minute scene with Black and White that made no sense because you'd forgotten what had happened in the last such encounter
- I wasn't a fan of Etotama at first, but as it went on it did draw me in a little, I thought the character development of Nya-tan and Chu-tan was reasonable enough
- what even was Rainy Cocoa it had literally no plot but for the whole 1 minute and 25 seconds the episodes lasted it just tried to pretend it had
- Urawa no Usagi-chan was just a bit weird, it didn't really seem like it wanted a plot, but it just never went anywhere
- I know a lot of people liked Show By Rock but I just thought it was boring, I started the series expecting something really awesome and engaging but instead it was just the same annoying characters having the same annoying discussions week in and week out

uhhhhhh

Summer season looks awesome though
LokiLB 
41542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

TheDustyForest wrote:

- I don't think it's necessarily been bad but I have hardly enjoyed Kekkai Sensen at all, it never seemed to be able to decide whether it wanted to be episodic or not, so there'd be three episodes in a row of random things going on, and then they'd have a five minute scene with Black and White that made no sense because you'd forgotten what had happened in the last such encounter


Guess you don't like shows with an A plot/B plot set up.

As for the thread topic, I don't watch anime I'm not enjoying (with rare exceptions), so I can't really say what was the worst show. Though of what little I saw of Vampire Holmes, it definitely deserves to be a contender for worst.

Punchline was actually one of my top anime of the season.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

LokiLB wrote:


TheDustyForest wrote:

- I don't think it's necessarily been bad but I have hardly enjoyed Kekkai Sensen at all, it never seemed to be able to decide whether it wanted to be episodic or not, so there'd be three episodes in a row of random things going on, and then they'd have a five minute scene with Black and White that made no sense because you'd forgotten what had happened in the last such encounter


Guess you don't like shows with an A plot/B plot set up.


Don't get me wrong, I like shows that have several plotlines going at once, Durarara being a prime example, I just don't like the way Kekkai Sensen's seemingly 'main' plot (if you can call it 'main' since it wasn't really prevalent until the last few episodes) expects you to remember tiny scenes from several episodes ago with absolutely no effort to help you at all. Again using Durarara as an example, in that you'll have a short fill-the-viewer-in section half way through the opening credits on where the various plotlines relevant to that episode have got to, and that's the sort of thing I think Kekkai Sensen has lacked.

The other problem I had with it is how the rest of the episodes, whilst occasionally entertaining and enjoyable in their own right, would always leave me unsure of whether or not they actually were part of some other plotline I was supposed to have been following or not.

I know these are unpopular opinions, as a lot of people are saying Kekkai Sensen is one of their season favourites, I just have found it really hard to get engaged in the series as a whole unfortunately.
LokiLB 
41542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

TheDustyForest wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like shows that have several plotlines going at once, Durarara being a prime example, I just don't like the way Kekkai Sensen's seemingly 'main' plot (if you can call it 'main' since it wasn't really prevalent until the last few episodes) expects you to remember tiny scenes from several episodes ago with absolutely no effort to help you at all. Again using Durarara as an example, in that you'll have a short fill-the-viewer-in section half way through the opening credits on where the various plotlines relevant to that episode have got to, and that's the sort of thing I think Kekkai Sensen has lacked.

The other problem I had with it is how the rest of the episodes, whilst occasionally entertaining and enjoyable in their own right, would always leave me unsure of whether or not they actually were part of some other plotline I was supposed to have been following or not.

I know these are unpopular opinions, as a lot of people are saying Kekkai Sensen is one of their season favourites, I just have found it really hard to get engaged in the series as a whole unfortunately.


I actually hate when they have the recaps at the beginning of the episodes because it gives away what's going to happen that episode. But I also like having to keep track of all the little details in a story. I like lots of plot lines and lots of characters, which I know is something that annoys some people.

Seems like it's been a fairly hit or miss show for a lot of people.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

LokiLB wrote:

I actually hate when they have the recaps at the beginning of the episodes because it gives away what's going to happen that episode.


Well each to their own I suppose
I agree with pretty much everything else you said though

0Nemo 
5221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / FL
Online
Posted 6/26/15
Triage X everything els i like
5235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
I don't know about worst anime of 2015, but aside from Fairy Tail, there has been bad anime for ages.
8235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 6/26/15
I couldn't stand Is It Wrong To Pick Up.. long enough to form much of an opinion beyond "waste of time" but I know some people like it, so it can't be all bad. Gunslinger Stratos, though, was just straight up bad and it seems that matches the general consensus.
5030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
Gunslinger Stratos is my worst of season. After getting lost and confused at the new characters they introduced, I'm surprised I didn't drop it. I couldn't tell half the time if I missed an episode or something...
56905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 6/27/15
Guess I'm on the wagon for this one: Gunslinger Stratos really didn't do anything for me.
Posted 6/27/15
Re-kan definitely.
Posted 6/27/15
Punchline - Poorman`s FLCL, boring characters, the story don`t make any sense

Hibike! Euphonium - Kyoani`s most boring anime ever created with too many bland characters

Plastic Memories - Poorman`s Key Anime

Ghost in the Shell Arise Alternative Architecture - Cashgrab, bad attempt to milk the franchise, doesn`t feel like GITS, it`s like i`m watching the 2nd season of Psycho-Pass
5017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/27/15
Danmachi, triage x and gunslinger stratos were the worse.
Not sure why you guys did not like shokugeki, it was pretty loyal to the manga.
40315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 6/27/15
Triage X it seems.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.