First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Rainbow Crunchyroll Logo
82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

saprobe wrote:


Loplyful wrote:

Isn't it because of the Gay Rights thing that happened today?
Something about #lovewins
I think...


The US Supreme Court struck down the gay marriage ban.

Here in Seattle we already got rainbow crosswalks on Capitol Hill. It's Pride Week!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/24/seattle-gay-friendly-rainbow-colored-crosswalks-pride-week/29210989/


Incorrect - the U.S. (or any state) has never had a "gay marriage ban" - laws have merely affirmed the reality of marriage as it has always been (and always will be) ...as between a man and woman.

Logo: At least they didn't screw the taxpayer by using public money to paint a homosexual friendly sidewalk (Seattle) instead of oh I dunno - fixing the potholes! Anyway the rainbow logo looks ugly.

Cancelling CR membership because one can't find enough good content or object to current content is fine ...but because of the recent example of Judicial tyranny? doesn't make sense.
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

Texas84 wrote:

I support gay marriage but I come here to escape the real world. I don't want to see in-your-face politics from CR. The Twitter account has been unfollowed and I may have to reconsider my paid membership.


If you support gay marriage what does it matter to you? Why cancel your membership if you're for it?

20606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

evilotakuneko wrote:


DarkFrostX wrote:



Those would be so offended by this to not do business with CR over it are also those who are least likely to be current or future customers in the first place. Meanwhile, those who would appreciate this are much more likely to be either current or future customers.

Therefore, it's fabulous.

Had the SCOTUS decision gone the other way you likely would not have seen any reaction from CR at all.

Though, I must ask: how 'bout that Chic-fil-A?


You have no evidence to prove your claims about CR's costumer base and what they would or wouldn't do, that's pure speculation on your part.

They're a private company, CR is not going release information about how putting up a political banner could have messed with their earnings, they have no reason to, plus it would be embarrassing.

But that's also my point, why wouldn't they have said anything had the decision been if it were ruled differently?

From my perspective, CR has a sizable liberal user base, at least those who are vocal on political matters.

They also have a conservative base who are opposes to SSM, and other social issues such as abortion ect...

My point? why wouldn't they have banner for traditional marriage if the ruling went the other way?

Because it doesn't fit their political leaning, and because that would not be politically correct at all.

All the more reasons companies in my opinion should shut up about these things, because they obviously would have a bias in what they supported and don't support, which no matter how you slice it, alienates some of the customers.

What about Chick Fil A?

The owner said he believed in traditional marriage, it was a response due to a question he was asked during an interview.

SSM supporters went ape shit, they also had a fail boycott of the restaurant chain.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
As long as they don't bring that here I have no problem. If they do, I guess I can just block it.
19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/27/15
People are flipping out over rainbow flags on CR.

This is hilarious.
20606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hell
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


DarkFrostX wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


DarkFrostX wrote:


... You don't seem to realize why they're doing this...


Same sex Marriage bans were struck down earlier today by the supreme court, I was on the live SCOTUS blog as it happened, so yeah... I know the reasons, doesn't change my opinion that companies should not be getting involved in this or any other political spats.

I think companies should just stick to what they know best, offering/selling services to make money, not giving shout outs to specific cases or laws because it makes them look cool and progressive.

This is all my opinion mate, i'm not trying to make this law, just arguing my point, CR is not reading my comment, and even if they were, they probably couldn't care less, otherwise they would have done remove the banner.

And give a shout out to me :P



What is it that's working for companies? Humans and just like any other human they too deserve the rights to say and think feel is right. And if some doesn't like it then so be it, they should still be allowed to say it, companies being these soulless money hungry organizations is such a out dated way of thinking.

Yes companies are all for profit driven, however that doesn't limit them from doing other things then making money. For example there are countless of companies out there who send billions in aid when something have happened somewhere in the world like earth quakes or tsunamis. But I guess all the people in these ares shouldn't be given a helping hand to get back up from these sort of things since companies shouldn't do other stuff then "offering/selling services to make money". Don't you realize how stupid you sound if you're really believing that companies should only go for the money and nothing else?

So in other words, companies reliaze what you don't. There are more things to this world then just money


Let's just agree to disagree, your point, I think everything and everyone has a role in society, companies have theirs. To me, that should be no other reason but to sell services or products to make a profit.

It may be outdated, but it has worked and continues to work in many instances.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

DarkFrostX wrote:


evilotakuneko wrote:


DarkFrostX wrote:



Those would be so offended by this to not do business with CR over it are also those who are least likely to be current or future customers in the first place. Meanwhile, those who would appreciate this are much more likely to be either current or future customers.

Therefore, it's fabulous.

Had the SCOTUS decision gone the other way you likely would not have seen any reaction from CR at all.

Though, I must ask: how 'bout that Chic-fil-A?


You have no evidence to prove your claims about CR's costumer base and what they would or wouldn't do, that's pure speculation on your part.

They're a private company, CR is not going release information about how putting up a political banner could have messed with their earnings, they have no reason to, plus it would be embarrassing.

But that's also my point, why wouldn't they have said anything had the decision been if it were ruled differently?

From my perspective, CR has a sizable liberal user base, at least those who are vocal on political matters.

They also have a conservative base who are opposes to SSM, and other social issues such as abortion ect...

My point? why wouldn't they have banner for traditional marriage if the ruling went the other way?

Because it doesn't fit their political leaning, and because that would not be politically correct at all.

All the more reasons companies in my opinion should shut up about these things, because they obviously would have a bias in what they supported and don't support, which no matter how you slice it, alienates some of the customers.

What about Chick Fil A?

The owner said he believed in traditional marriage, it was a response due to a question he was asked during an interview.

SSM supporters went ape shit, they also had a fail boycott of the restaurant chain.


Okay, I don't have CR's internally-produced demographic analyses or access to their subscriber lists, or any other information an outsider should not have. Maybe I can walk you through my logic here.

What I do have is life experience with various communities, anime, religious, non-religious, political, social, etc. I have an education, an analytical mind, and a degree from a business school (granted, in Information Systems).

Given what I know and what I have experienced, the lion's share of CR's user base simply won't care, hell may not even know of the ruling or the logo.

Given what I know of the politics of 35-and-unders in the US, the majority of these who even care will be supportive of Misery Equality.

Given what I know of the political leanings of anime fans, the majority of those who care will be supportive of same-sex marriage.

Given what I know of the types of people who would be so incensed over this that they would cease being a customer (given they were aware in the first place), I find it unlikely such a person would be a customer in the first place, given the subject material of a lot of animes.

And finally, given what I know of people in general, even those that give a shit are more likely to just grumble about it and not take any action. Or come on the forums and complain, at best.

I'd put the logo up too. The religious conservative who's zealous enough to walk over such a thing is a dying demographic. Not so much the young liberals whose goodwill would be earned. Cost, benefit, analyzed, done.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 6/26/15
I liked it SOOOOooo much.
22932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
Huge Week-end starting tonight going to Sunday-Dykes on Bikes always are the leaders good for CR I understand because they have offices in SF.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 6/26/15
Huge weekend here too, Biggest Pride Celebration in North America possibly the world (we hosted World Pride Last year)
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
wow o.o
14749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Huge weekend here too, Biggest Pride Celebration in North America possibly the world (we hosted World Pride Last year)


And, as I always like to joke during Pride weekend:
"Great, when do the other Six Deadly Sins get a celebration? I see plenty of Greed, Jealousy and Anger, when do we hit the Lust, Gluttony and Sloth parties? "

(Hey, somebody oughta call John Doe on this; tell me there wouldn't be market for the Gay Lust Parade.)
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 6/26/15

Ejanss wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Huge weekend here too, Biggest Pride Celebration in North America possibly the world (we hosted World Pride Last year)


And, as I always like to joke during Pride weekend:
"Great, when do the other Six Deadly Sins get a celebration? I see plenty of Greed, Jealousy and Anger, when do we hit the Lust, Gluttony and Sloth parties? "

(Hey, tell me there wouldn't be market for the Gay Lust Parade.)


You're so wonderfully open minded and free of contempt.


27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
Crunchyroll, Funimation, Anime Expo, Youtube, and Warner Bros. Records all added a rainbow to their logo. Even people on facebook are adding rainbows to their profile pics like...

https://www.facebook.com/caitlynn.french
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

DarkFrostX wrote:

Inappropriate for a corporation.

In my opinion.

Found a homophobe.

Texas84 wrote:

I support gay marriage but I come here to escape the real world. I don't want to see in-your-face politics from CR. The Twitter account has been unfollowed and I may have to reconsider my paid membership.

Found another one.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
They like skittles yo
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.