First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Should prostitution be nationally legalized?
13256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Death ✭
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 7/17/15
Yes. I think it would be smart to legalize and regulate prostitution. I feel it would certainly benefit both individuals involved, as already stated, it would be more safer. Also, It's not like it's going anywhere, sex sells, (forgive me for the truism) I think by legalizing it, it would only help the prostitutes and the prostitution side of the sex business grow into an even more lucrative business than it already is.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

biscuitnote wrote

Look insulting me doesn't strengthen your case and for the record I am fairly conservative I am just not bound by idiotic religious morality that limits human happiness. You also haven't made a good case for why it should be illegal other than the women is depressed that argument might fly in theocratic shit holes in the middle east but not in a civilized country.


Don't try the 'don't resort to insult' argument especially when you went at it first, also I am not bound by religious beliefs as once again, it seems your trying to offensively state. If people wanna go do that shit whatever, but I don't agree with it and will vote against it if it ever comes, get over it.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15
Its funny to me becasue here in Australia it is illegal yet there are brothels EVERYWHERE!
Like they are all over the place and everybody knows about it.
And theres Asian massage places opening up all over the place. There's no way that they are all making enough money with just massages, especially when theres five of them on the same street. lol
Occasionally you see or hear about one getting raided and shut down.

On a different note, having a girlfriend or wife is basically paying for pussy anyways lol Ok so i dont have a GF or wife at the moment but i mean going out an trying to pick up, buying a girl drinks n all that can be expensive, guys at work that are married say that they wish they were single and would be happy if their wifes left them becasue going to a brothel is cheaper.
I hear that lots of wives dont put out either.
Of course iam not speaking for everyone and i have never been married.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


biscuitnote wrote

Look insulting me doesn't strengthen your case and for the record I am fairly conservative I am just not bound by idiotic religious morality that limits human happiness. You also haven't made a good case for why it should be illegal other than the women is depressed that argument might fly in theocratic shit holes in the middle east but not in a civilized country.


Don't try the 'don't resort to insult' argument especially when you went at it first, also I am not bound by religious beliefs as once again, it seems your trying to offensively state. If people wanna go do that shit whatever, but I don't agree with it and will vote against it if it ever comes, get over it.


I didn't insult I merely mentioned that your stance is one of a control freak trying to control what rational adults do with there bodies. No one is forcing you to partake and it doesn't effect you in the slightest and yet you would still vote to keep it criminalized why?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

No because if women can sleep around with no emotional connection they're probably depressed and should get a normal job instead.


Already used the r9k link today. But no thats just stupid and based on dumb stereotypes with no data to back it up.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 7/18/15
legalize it for sure.

That way it can be a legit business where both Prostitute and john are protected, both have to provide recent medical forms ensuring they are STD free.

You would destroy the sex slavery industry (Well at-least put a dent in it) and eliminate sexual abuse via pimps; plus imagine the tax revenue.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 7/22/15
No, it's open to exploitation.
I think there's a reason nobody thinks of prostitution as cushy.
Why prostitutes always get beaten or drugged in movies.
Why it's connected to human trafficking and STDs and forced child labor and violence.
Turn it into a business, and then you're telling other people to have sex with other people for your benefit.
No. This sounds like a horrible idea to me.
If you have sex, do it because you want to have sex with them, and they with you.
I don't think you'll get rid of the black market btw.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 7/18/15

Nobodyofimportance wrote:

No, it's open to exploitation.
I think there's a reason nobody thinks of prostitution as cushy.
Why prostitutes always get beaten or drugged in movies.
Why it's connected to human trafficking and STDs and forced child labor and violence.
Turn it into a business, and then you're telling other people to have sex with other people for your benefit.
No. This sounds like a horrible idea to me.
If you have sex, do it because you want to have sex with them, and they with you.


You just gave me a list of reasons why it should be legal.

If selling sex is legalized, that means that it can be regulated. This means that prostitution can be largely taken off the street corners and moved into safe spaces which provide safety for the prostitutes, legal help in the case of rape or violence, frequent STD tests, etc.. Our current model is the reason many of these problems exist and with a move to legalization, they can largely be done away with.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

biscuitnote wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


biscuitnote wrote

Look insulting me doesn't strengthen your case and for the record I am fairly conservative I am just not bound by idiotic religious morality that limits human happiness. You also haven't made a good case for why it should be illegal other than the women is depressed that argument might fly in theocratic shit holes in the middle east but not in a civilized country.


Don't try the 'don't resort to insult' argument especially when you went at it first, also I am not bound by religious beliefs as once again, it seems your trying to offensively state. If people wanna go do that shit whatever, but I don't agree with it and will vote against it if it ever comes, get over it.


I didn't insult I merely mentioned that your stance is one of a control freak trying to control what rational adults do with there bodies. No one is forcing you to partake and it doesn't effect you in the slightest and yet you would still vote to keep it criminalized why?


You're merely full of shit. I'm not 'criminalizing' anything, stop using words you learned from tumblr. It's trashy to sleep around and sex should at least be a meaningful thing, that isn't controlling, that's just self respect and having morals.
5619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 7/22/15
Sure why not. I'm sure I can make some bank at the corner.
Who said it was only limited to females
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You're merely full of shit. I'm not 'criminalizing' anything, stop using words you learned from tumblr. It's trashy to sleep around and sex should at least be a meaningful thing, that isn't controlling, that's just self respect and having morals.


And if someone has a different opinion about what is moral or common sense about sex. you'll vote to keep the criminal, thus you are attempting to impose your morals on them. that's controlling.

2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
I suppose we all need to go to church on sunday and sex is only for making kids right .
Posted 6/26/15

sundin13 wrote:


Nobodyofimportance wrote:

No, it's open to exploitation.
I think there's a reason nobody thinks of prostitution as cushy.
Why prostitutes always get beaten or drugged in movies.
Why it's connected to human trafficking and STDs and forced child labor and violence.
Turn it into a business, and then you're telling other people to have sex with other people for your benefit.
No. This sounds like a horrible idea to me.
If you have sex, do it because you want to have sex with them, and they with you.


You just gave me a list of reasons why it should be legal.

If selling sex is legalized, that means that it can be regulated. This means that prostitution can be largely taken off the street corners and moved into safe spaces which provide safety for the prostitutes, legal help in the case of rape or violence, frequent STD tests, etc.. Our current model is the reason many of these problems exist and with a move to legalization, they can largely be done away with.

I love it when ppl try to make a point/support their argument but completely backfires lmfao.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

You're merely full of shit. I'm not 'criminalizing' anything, stop using words you learned from tumblr. It's trashy to sleep around and sex should at least be a meaningful thing, that isn't controlling, that's just self respect and having morals.


Criminalize - To make something a crime. You are advocating to the continued criminalization of prostitution....

As for your morals talks, who made you some sort of moral arbiter? Why should you decide how people view themselves and what is or isn't immoral. And regardless of your opinion of promiscuity, that doesn't explain why prostitution should remain illegal. General promiscuity is not illegal, so why should prostitution be?
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 6/26/15 , edited 6/26/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

And if someone has a different opinion about what is moral or common sense about sex. you'll vote to keep the criminal, thus you are attempting to impose your morals on them. that's controlling.



Yawn...you and that other guy are attempting you 'oppose' your opinions over mine as if they're right and mines wrong, that's controlling. You don't see me quoting others in here who want it legalized telling them they're wrong.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/15
I am not dismissing your opinions on sex Dante however your stance is far more controlling and empowers the criminal underworld. Legalizing reduces rates of sexually transmitted disease the money ends up going to schools and roads and not criminal gangs.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/26/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


Yawn...you and that other guy are attempting you 'oppose' your opinions over mine as if they're right and mines wrong, that's controlling. You don't see me quoting others in here who want it legalized telling them they're wrong.


I..
but...
nevermind. I'm sure you won't get it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.