First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
"Fake" Sexualities
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/28/15
I had a conversation with my mom the other day about the LGBT community.
She said at one point though that she thinks Bisexual & Pansexual people are just being experimental. She thinks people can be either homosexual or heterosexual.
She also said asexuals just haven't found the right person yet or something.
Basically, she doesn't believe people who identify with those sexualities, aren't actually real/legitimate, just fake, really.
I hear other people say that too. And nasty stuff in general about every sexuality that's not either hetero or homosexual.
I'm personally kinda...I guess feel offended(?) by it since I'm bisexual (my mom didn't knew btw).
From my experience, I got a lot of crap from people about it. Its either "You're just not sure who you like yet" or "You're selfish for wanting to be with both the opposite and same sex".
This seems to come from both straight & gay people. It seems like they can't trust us. Saying we're more likely to cheat or something.
I do believe, all sexualities real. And its not meant to be like a "phase" or time when people are just being experimental.
What are you guys feelings about sexualities other than gay or straight?

EDIT :
I wanted to include a bigger list a small description for some uncommon ones that I already know. I thought it might help.
Asexual 'Ace' - Not attracted to anyone sexually.
Aromantic 'Aro' - not attracted to anyone romantically.
Demisexual 'Demi' - Only feels sexual attraction to someone once they're emotionally attracted to then first.
Biromantic - Romantically attracted to one or both genders.
Heteroromantic - Romantically attracted to the opposite gender.
Homoromantic - Romantically attracted to the same gender.
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/28/15
Not offence to your mom or those people but they can go and fuck them self.

Last time I check, I have a boner for guys and girls.

I am sorry but I like variety. Anybody who think I have to pick one flavor is a condescending asshole.

16249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/29/15
Stats on bisexuality published by dating sites show that by and large, the vast majority of bisexuals only message one sex.

For example. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/

Scroll down "REALITY: 80% of self-identified bisexuals are only interested in one gender." and "This suggests that bisexuality is often either a hedge for gay people or a label adopted by straights to appear more sexually adventurous to their (straight) matches. You can actually see these trends in action in the chart below."

I don't have much to say about asexuals aside from them being a very, very small portion of the population and the one or two who outed themselves took offense when I probed about it.
91517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 6/28/15
well sexuality by definition is "what your attracted to"or in asexuals case they don't really have strong attraction with anything,so there really aren't fake ones.More like more or less accepted sexualites.
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/28/15

DasWood wrote:

Stats on bisexuality published by dating sites show that by and large, the vast majority of bisexuals only message one sex.

For example. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/

Scroll down "REALITY: 80% of self-identified bisexuals are only interested in one gender." and "This suggests that bisexuality is often either a hedge for gay people or a label adopted by straights to appear more sexually adventurous to their (straight) matches. You can actually see these trends in action in the chart below."

I don't have much to say about asexuals aside from them being a very, very small portion of the population and the one or two who outed themselves took offense when I probed about it.


I am bisexual but I do have preferences. I like girls more than guys. But I still like guys. Heaven forbid I have a favorite.
82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 6/28/15
...and people complain about religious threads never ending.
6957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/15
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

16249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/28/15

KarenAraragi wrote:I am bisexual but I do have preferences. I like girls more than guys. But I still like guys. Heaven forbid I have a favorite.
It isn't about preference. It is about the difference between "Into both" and "Says into both but in practice only one". And the dating sites show in practice only about 20% of bis actually do message both sexes.

To reiterate, 80% of bis on dating sites NEVER messaged both sexes, just one or the other. Not a 70:30, 90:10 but a 100:00 which is decided not bi.

Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/28/15

Jan- wrote:

well sexuality by definition is "what your attracted to"or in asexuals case they don't really have strong attraction with anything,so there really aren't fake ones.More like more or less accepted sexualites.


Being asexual is a bit more complicate than that. There are things I find attractive but there others I find meh.

Example. Person I know bring a porn DVD. He hype but I don't care. People in the room are having boners but I don't care.

Unless is something I like. I could't care less if the hottest women out there.

17352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/28/15
Being bisexual means being attracted to both guys and girls, right? So if, let's say, a girl only dates guys, but feels attraction to both sexes, that means she's still bisexual. There can be another reason for her not dating girls, like feeling it would be easier to date guys and other stuff I don't feel like listing. But well, who cares what such people say? ^^
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/29/15

DasWood wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:I am bisexual but I do have preferences. I like girls more than guys. But I still like guys. Heaven forbid I have a favorite.
It isn't about preference. It is about the difference between "Into both" and "Says into both but in practice only one". And the dating sites show in practice only about 20% of bis actually do message both sexes.

To reiterate, 80% of bis on dating sites NEVER messaged both sexes, just one or the other. Not a 70:30, 90:10 but a 100:00 which is decided not bi.



Basically fakers. They pretend to be something they are not, to appear more attractive. Something along those lines ?
Posted 6/28/15 , edited 6/29/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Basically fakers. They pretend to be something they are not, to appear more attractive. Something along those lines ?

Yeah that's basically it.
I'm pretty sure it's mostly people like them who make us look bad :/
4210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/15

DasWood wrote:

Stats on bisexuality published by dating sites show that by and large, the vast majority of bisexuals only message one sex.

For example. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/

Scroll down "REALITY: 80% of self-identified bisexuals are only interested in one gender." and "This suggests that bisexuality is often either a hedge for gay people or a label adopted by straights to appear more sexually adventurous to their (straight) matches. You can actually see these trends in action in the chart below."

I don't have much to say about asexuals aside from them being a very, very small portion of the population and the one or two who outed themselves took offense when I probed about it.


Yeah this, The i'm "Bisexual" but im not Trend is dumb

Pansexual to me, Is a just a prejudice but somehow PC way of saying trans gendered people are "alien" but i love them
16249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/28/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Basically fakers. They pretend to be something they are not, to appear more attractive. Something along those lines ?


Don't know. The hypothesis put forward in the link is some are using it as a hedge instead of coming out as gay and some are using it to appear more sexually open. That doesn't negate the people who actually are bi, however. It just means bi is a smaller segment of the population.
91517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 6/28/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


Jan- wrote:

well sexuality by definition is "what your attracted to"or in asexuals case they don't really have strong attraction with anything,so there really aren't fake ones.More like more or less accepted sexualites.


Being asexual is a bit more complicate than that. There are things I find attractive but there others I find meh.

Example. Person I know bring a porn DVD. He hype but I don't care. People in the room are having boners but I don't care.

Unless is something I like. I could't care less if the hottest women out there.



Ah sorry,sorry..i just know what i have read somewhere.Besides,not being one myself how could i possibly know how asexual person feels about such things?Being your average straight guy that is.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.