First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people find homosexuality as an insult?
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
haha epic meme my friend xDDDD republicans are dum xDDDD
10026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
short version = lack of communication

my viewpoint
(i disagree with homosexuality because i believe it goes against nature and science. while i disagree with it as a practice i don't have the right to tell anyone to stop. nor do i think people should try to force others to stop. the problem today with the gay debate is there are to many people who just want to hide behind the bible or yell insults at each other, we need to find some common ground and try to accept each other instead of screaming each others heads off. we are all humans and because of humanity we all have different opinions on everything, we should just accept our differences and try to love each other anyway. ) please don't hate me
27248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 6/29/15 , edited 6/29/15

LadyofAshes wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

I'm not closed to the idea of homosexuality being wrong, but there should be way better arguments. Ones that actually are logical. You can convince me to believe anything if you make enough sense.


So are you suggesting someone well-versed in persuasion can bend your will and that you really have no moral compass? There are some people I would never willfully allow to toy with my mind. Intellectuality without ethics or moral principles is dangerous. Think eugenics programs in nazi germany.


I do have a moral compass, but enough reason can override it. I have my own views, but they can be changed. However, this doesn't mean I won't try to defend them or offer my own take. If you can convince me, good job. Things that make the most sense....well, are the most sensible. I won't pretend that my stances are unshakeable or that I'm willing to fight to the death for a lot of things. I also won't deny that there is a sort of intangible value in morality, but I doubt there are such absolute rights and wrongs in my mind that I'm unwilling to at least listen to reason or to consider the other side. The good thing is that I'm usually very slow to act, so I'm not really an immediate threat to anyone.
6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/15 , edited 6/29/15
My quickest answer (EDIT: note the half hour of editing) is the juxtaposion of a belief that everyone will die, (which creates a subliminal dissonance between wanting to live and believing everybody will die) that feeds an incorrect solipsism ("I am the only mind which exists") that is inherent in most animals with reasoning brains. Any supernatural reasoning that justifies this view is also based on the solipsist's creation of the supernatural, which creates a false sense of "this supernatural thing will cause the death of me and everyone."

Natural thing that will cause the death: Murder

Supernatural thing that will cause the death: God hates gays and will murder somebody over it

Natural thing that will cause death: God hates gays so I'd better kill one so God doesn't kill somebody


It's thankfully not generally how people think, but the circular logic is out there and it does happen. To a lesser extent, being insulted by homosexuality uses the same logic

Natural thing: I am not gay

Supernatural thing: A gay person is making it up for [any supernatural reason - attention - abused - to insult me - etc.]

Natural thing: I am insulted, so gay is an insult



My solution is to get these insulted people to harness their own cognitive dissonance a little bit instead of using it as an assumed weapon, but that would require asking them to read more than one book and listen to more than two people, and my God, do you know hard it is to get people to do that?
17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
Why do people want to use words that makes them look the most shittest?

Yeah look at me, you gay ASS fag lol I'm so cool. n-word this n-word that n-word n-word n-word bitchhhhh lulzz fuck fuck fuck LOOK HOW KOOL I AM YOU FUCKIN RETARDED FAGGO-- Mom? No, no this is not what it looks like. No Mom don't hit me in front of my friends. NO MOM PLEASE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh MOM PLZZ NO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH noooooooooooo MOM STOP IT NOOO AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 6/29/15
i think half the time its has nothing to do with being homosexual. its just an insult.
then again, there are a lot of small towns where its not okay for two men to be together.
dunno. growing up it was just an insult, with no real thought behind the meaning of it.
Dahrc 
16474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sootopolis City
Offline
Posted 6/29/15

scoobydew wrote:


narutosonic330 wrote:

Imagine calling a Mexican guy a Puerto Rican. Same kind of concept.


Speaking about Mexicans that culture is still trying figure out the gay concept. A lot of countries have zero tolerance besides the US and Canada- Latin America base themselves on Machismo lifestyle handed down for centuries change not so easy with heavy background in Catholism super conservative


Interesting that you say that. I could have sworn that at some point I learned Brazil was very open and flaunted homosexuality, what a shame.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 6/30/15
To be honest i think it will always be a thing. Like to call someone gay or a fag as an insult. Or to say something like "thats so gay" when its something bad.
As mentioned, its alot of the time nothing to do with homosexuality, its just a term that is just common and natural really. Like the norm.
Maybe in a few decades it will fade?

Its a bit like calling a boy a girl to really.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
Cuz this world is full of ignorant and selfish people.
Other than that it's because it's not accepted by most, and it surprises people.
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/15

For those who are trying to insult others by calling them gay or homosexual: Simply trying to get a rise out of someone and not being clever enough to do so...cleverly. Whether or not the person doing the insulting is a supporter or non-supporter of gay rights is probably irrelevant.


For those who are being insulted and take being called homosexual as an insult: I don't think it is as much as being called gay or such being an insult, but rather that someone is trying to demean you in the first place. Nobody likes being insulted, even if it is in an incredibly childish way.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
lol kids these days. The world really is changing at a rapid rate. When you are raised hearing the words gay and fag ans an insult , well then thats what it is.
Same as if you were raised religious or non religious, we are influenced by how we are raised.
Omni42 
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 6/30/15

Ejanss wrote:



Such as when people use "you're a fa**ot." I tried explaining to some overly sensitive dude that you can be straight and still be a fa**ot. You can be gay and not be a fa**ot. In that context, being a fa**ot means that you're a fruity, soft, whiny fairy that is too beta to do something. I don't even call gay people fa**ots to refer to their homosexuality. I just call them gays or homosexuals. Just like how I call heterosexual people "straight" or "heterosexual." The other words don't mean much of anything to me.


First up, Fixed your quote-fail.
Now, I hope you realise what you using the word "beta" implies. It implies you think of yourself as "Alpha" which is typically used to refer to the canine hierarchical structure in which a single male dominates a pack and takes charge. A lot of guys romanticise this and try to apply it to human society which follows entirely different rules. For example, in a canine society the "alpha" will often display his dominance through forced sex with other males in the pack, the so called "betas". That is, homosexual activity that the alpha enjoys, while the beta does not. So, presuming that your view of human psychology is correct and the alpha/beta relationship exists in humans, are you an alpha that enjoys homosexual activity, or a beta who does not?
82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 6/30/15
Not sure who these people are who find it an insult; despite the recent court "victory" the side that won seems angrier than ever. Yes that's true, and no I didn't hear it on Fox News - which is growing while the "other" incredibly shrinking liberal networks continue to decline.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
People who are gay are insulted when you call them by nastier words. People who aren't gay are being called something that they aren't.
73322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
Nobody likes to be called something they are not.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.