First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Every anime I watch is a disappointment now because of JoJO
2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 7/7/15
You will enjoy anime a lot more if you separate them by genre. Too much of a certain theme can have you wanting more of the same. I usually mix up my daily dose of anime by genre rather than by how much I like them. You are just having too much meat, eat your vegetables young man!
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/15 , edited 7/8/15

Dentez wrote:

Speaking as a huge fan of JJBA, there are tons of shows better than this series.


Yeah, for real. Jojo is fantastic but let's be honest. If you actually look at Stardust Crusaders from a plot and logical perspective it's pretty stupid.

That said my recommendation is Hunter x Hunter 2011. That's the version that's here on Crunchyroll.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ON,Canada
Offline
Posted 7/7/15
I love how people here say there are things better than JoJos. Lets not lie to ourselves now.
16569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/15
There are plenty of shows that are better in a certain light; but everything Jojo's does, it does better than anything else. Speaking for the anime alone, there are no other shounen shows I've seen that handle over the top dramatics so well. Unless Gurren Lagann is a shounen, in which case there might be a tie.
5233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/7/15 , edited 7/7/15
Care to elaborate,Sporkaganza?
8772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ATL - GA
Offline
Posted 7/7/15 , edited 7/7/15
JoJo left a large void in my heart as well. I am waiting for DB Super to be dubbed and there isn't much else airing this anime season
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 7/7/15 , edited 7/8/15
i tried watching JJBA but it really sucked. i think i only watched the first ep. theres plenty of other stuff to watch, like Kotoura-san. which is really funny
5233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/8/15
Ok messed up the first time, not really one to go on forums much, but Sporkaganza would you care to elaborate?
5233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/8/15 , edited 7/8/15

sporkaganza wrote:


Dentez wrote:

Speaking as a huge fan of JJBA, there are tons of shows better than this series.


Yeah, for real. Jojo is fantastic but let's be honest. If you actually look at Stardust Crusaders from a plot and logical perspective it's pretty stupid.

That said my recommendation is Hunter x Hunter 2011. That's the version that's here on Crunchyroll.


Damn messed up again, now please elaborate.

24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/15
I can see why. This shit is good. But try Hunter x Hunter anyway.
101412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 7/8/15

Valarasha wrote:

JoJo left a large void in my heart as well. I am waiting for DB Super to be dubbed and there isn't much else airing this anime season :(


Watch Gangsta. It is not silly but it is manly.

And Hunter x Hunter 2011 is good. Plus Josuke is in it (kind of)

62778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/15

saprobe wrote:
Plus Josuke is in it (kind of)


His stand was pretty cool.
Le_Dom 
16888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 7/8/15

bathroom64 wrote:


saprobe wrote:
Plus Josuke is in it (kind of)


His stand was pretty cool.


MONEY

is the only name for it I can think of.
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/15

Otakubassy wrote:


sporkaganza wrote:


Dentez wrote:

Speaking as a huge fan of JJBA, there are tons of shows better than this series.


Yeah, for real. Jojo is fantastic but let's be honest. If you actually look at Stardust Crusaders from a plot and logical perspective it's pretty stupid.

That said my recommendation is Hunter x Hunter 2011. That's the version that's here on Crunchyroll.


Damn messed up again, now please elaborate.



OK.



You can go on here. It's not just SC, in general Jojo's Bizarre Adventure just kinda operates on shonen logic and there are tons of contradictions whenever Araki changes his mind.. And that's not a bad thing, but it's not the most amazing stuff ever written.
5233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/8/15

sporkaganza wrote:


Otakubassy wrote:


sporkaganza wrote:


Dentez wrote:

Speaking as a huge fan of JJBA, there are tons of shows better than this series.


Yeah, for real. Jojo is fantastic but let's be honest. If you actually look at Stardust Crusaders from a plot and logical perspective it's pretty stupid.

That said my recommendation is Hunter x Hunter 2011. That's the version that's here on Crunchyroll.


Damn messed up again, now please elaborate.



OK.



You can go on here. It's not just SC, in general Jojo's Bizarre Adventure just kinda operates on shonen logic and there are tons of contradictions whenever Araki changes his mind.. And that's not a bad thing, but it's not the most amazing stuff ever written.



None of this in general is really supposed to make sense either, first of all its fiction, and second of all the title of the series is ``Jojo`s BIZARRE Adventure``. Would it not be boring if everything was done in a logical fashion? I know I myself would not care for it.

Last note on this topic,If Jojo`s is not the best thing ever written, it is definitely close, and is definitely the coolest, and flashiest series one could ever behold. You can feel that Araki has passion in the stories he writes, and the magnificent artwork he creates, unlike authors of other series.

If this sounds rude please do not regard it as such, as I did not intend it to.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.