First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Should ivory trade be legalized?
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/30/15

neugenx wrote:

Comparing the wholesale slaughter of a life-form? Talk about idiotic (not the posters here the people who first made the analogy). It's more like legalizing rape, torture and murder than legalizing drugs. I'm sorry but it's a no-contest for me. No friggin' way should genocide of any life-form be legal.


So everyone eating meat is supporting genocide?
9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 6/30/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Can't remember, but don't elephants need those tusks for something? It's not like sheep's wool.

Personally think they should castrate those poachers without anaesthesia, then they would know how it feels to have their body parts taken from them by force.


Well technically, elephants can survive without tusks. It's just that they'll be more vulnerable when predators attack them. Poachers usually just kill the elephants because they don't have tranquilizers.
7401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Online
Posted 6/30/15

biscuitnote wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Comparing the wholesale slaughter of a life-form? Talk about idiotic (not the posters here the people who first made the analogy). It's more like legalizing rape, torture and murder than legalizing drugs. I'm sorry but it's a no-contest for me. No friggin' way should genocide of any life-form be legal.


So everyone eating meat is supporting genocide?


Last I checked cows, chickens, fish, lamb and pigs weren't on any endangered species list. Genocide is the extermination of a particular race/life-form genus. Now, if you specifically asked if everyone eating "Mountain Gorilla" or "Bengal Tiger" meat is supporting genocide I'd have to say yes, but with everyday live-stock bred for food I'd say no.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/30/15 , edited 6/30/15

neugenx wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Comparing the wholesale slaughter of a life-form? Talk about idiotic (not the posters here the people who first made the analogy). It's more like legalizing rape, torture and murder than legalizing drugs. I'm sorry but it's a no-contest for me. No friggin' way should genocide of any life-form be legal.


So everyone eating meat is supporting genocide?


Last I checked cows, chickens, fish, lamb and pigs weren't on any endangered species list. Genocide is the extermination of a particular race/life-form genus. Now, if you specifically asked if everyone eating "Mountain Gorilla" or "Bengal Tiger" meat is supporting genocide I'd have to say yes, but with everyday live-stock bred for food I'd say no.


If ivory trade was legalized and elephants bred on preserves for hunting would you change your stance?
5138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
No, unless they found a solution to collecting it without poachers killing them.
7401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Online
Posted 6/30/15

biscuitnote wrote:


If ivory trade was legalized and elephants bred on preserves for hunting would you change your stance?


If they were off the endangered species list and being bred specifically for that purpose I'd have no problem with it. As it stands we've lost way too many beautiful animals that the children in the future will never get to see or experience first hand. It's a shame really. The page below shows exactly what I mean...



http://www.pixable.com/article/heres-every-single-animal-that-became-extinct-in-the-last-100-years-photos-67674
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 6/30/15
Unfortunately, punishing the poachers won't accomplish much unless more serious action is taken against the crime rings that run the trafficking business. Which is why the ban should probably revised if it remains in place.
41854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 6/30/15

bobland wrote:


moonhawk81 wrote:

Bring back gibbets! Prominently display the bodies of executed poachers (did I mention executing the poachers?). The more displayed, the better.


Two wrongs don't make a right.


Completely missing the part about two wrongs--were there two poachers?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.