First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Having More Male Friends or Having More Female Friends?
51966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US
Offline
Posted 7/2/15

anzn wrote:

I would want more female friends. I'm really lacking them.
To stay in touch with the feminine part of myself (lmao idk how to describe it) I feel I should really get more female friends.
I really would like an equal amount of both, but so far, I have just really one female friend I talk to regularly compared to like the 5 male friends I talk to regularly.

With my guy friends, we always have the same interests, sense of humor, and similar views, which is probably why I get along with a lot of them pretty well.
With my girl friends, we have at least the same kinda interests & maybe views. But we're more likely to fight.
I was always sorta hesitant about even going up & talking to girls. I've been told I seem too blunt & insensitive, sometimes apathetic as well. So that's prolly why I probably end up sorta scaring girls away from me.
Anyway, which ones do you prefer to have more of, which ones do you get along with easier and which ones do you want more of? (Assuming you're not happy with the amount of friends you have now)


I have more guy friends, met from online gaming and stuff =o I just want friends who are good friends or good people ^ ^; But I could use more girl friends~ So why don't we be friends? ^ ~ ^


MrAnimeSK wrote:

Seems to me that alot of females do not have such a large amount of same sex friends like males do. Or as many long lasting friends.
But having said that i dont think many males want to be just friends with a girl. But if its a tomboy girl, like into games n stuff then probably they would be more inclined.
Iam not saying that females have lots of male friends but just seems women turn on each other more or dont really have like a crew or anything alot of the time?


Yeah, I think girls compete a lot, I grew up with my older sister and my Mom and we were always kinda competing without trying to and I remember my sister and her best friend had one of those best friend rivalries that ended up with them being the worse enemies somehow? Lol x3 !


Nightblade370 wrote:



I mostly have friends who are guys irl, but for some weird reason, I always have more friends who are girls on the internet. Idk why, but my internet friendships go better with females and my real life friendships are better with guys. Maybe it's just easier to talk to one gender depending on the circumstances? I really don't know.

Weird, huh?


I heard that girls care more about connections through convo's and boys more about the things that they do together~ So maybe it's because of that !
7700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth .
Offline
Posted 7/2/15

severticas wrote:


maichiii wrote:

Both. Im lacking both.


Oi you,

-grin-




Saw this on your profile and lol'd


Me?

Posted 7/2/15
Females my age don't like me. I wonder why... Not that I NEED friends. I'm fine with none.
Bavalt 
22031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/2/15 , edited 7/2/15
No preference, though the majority of my friends are male. The core of my group of friends consists of people I've known since high school, at which time the type of nerdy activities we're into were a male-heavy subculture.
15768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 7/2/15
I prefer more female friends. always have since I was a kid.

I'll take just friends, good friends in general. Regardless of sex.
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/15 , edited 7/2/15
For the last 2 years I've had a balance between male and female friends, which I kinda found surprising actually.
2017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Magical World
Offline
Posted 7/2/15
As long as I got friends I don't care what they are

male,female,straight,gay,bi,asexual,transexual,metrosexual,alien,white,black,yellow,red,brown,jesus,god,demon,dead,alive,fake,real,canon,non-canon,robot,android,a.i,video game,animal,insect,etc.

Im cool with all of it.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/2/15 , edited 7/2/15

Valarasha wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

iam actually very surprised to see males having so many female friends? are they your mates girlfriends?, your girlfriends friends(oh wait..), you must be single if you hang out with lots of girls???
Genuine questions.

I met a lot of women in college that became my friends. I don't know, it's really no different than making guy friends in my experience. These days I don't make new friends often, but a lot of the female friends I have made have been women my sister worked with and their friends, roomates, etc. And I haven't been single in 5 years, so I don't fit the single category either, lol.


I find it unusual that you would want to hang out with females as just freinds. I find it also unusual and very surprising that you are able(allowed) to do that if you have a girlfriend.
She must be very trusting and unlike most females?
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/15 , edited 7/2/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

iam actually very surprised to see males having so many female friends? are they your mates girlfriends?, your girlfriends friends(oh wait..), you must be single if you hang out with lots of girls???
Genuine questions.


They're all over. But I generally don't befriend my friends' significant others. From experience, I learned that things can get messy if/when they split and being caught between them sucks. I don't need that so I avoid it. I will still be friendly to them but I won't go out of my way to become real friends with them. Similarly, I usually don't befriend my significant other's friends.

Many of my female friends are taken but there are some singles mixed in. I am single but I've always worked like this and even when I wasn't, my having female friends has never been an issue. I've never had a jealous, clingy girlfriend.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/2/15

Morbidhanson wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

iam actually very surprised to see males having so many female friends? are they your mates girlfriends?, your girlfriends friends(oh wait..), you must be single if you hang out with lots of girls???
Genuine questions.


They're all over. But I generally don't befriend my friends' significant others. From experience, I learned that things can get messy if/when they split and being caught between them sucks. I don't need that so I avoid it. I will still be friendly to them but I won't go out of my way to become real friends with them. Similarly, I usually don't befriend my significant other's friends.

Many of my female friends are taken but there are some singles mixed in. I am single but I've always been like this, even when I wasn't, and it has never been an issue. I've never had a jealous, clingy girlfriend.


Fair enough. i cant imagine having female friends to be honest. Yeah both my brothers have shockingly crazy/physco/ball breaking/jealous/etc girlfriends..
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

iam actually very surprised to see males having so many female friends? are they your mates girlfriends?, your girlfriends friends(oh wait..), you must be single if you hang out with lots of girls???
Genuine questions.


They're all over. But I generally don't befriend my friends' significant others. From experience, I learned that things can get messy if/when they split and being caught between them sucks. I don't need that so I avoid it. I will still be friendly to them but I won't go out of my way to become real friends with them. Similarly, I usually don't befriend my significant other's friends.

Many of my female friends are taken but there are some singles mixed in. I am single but I've always been like this, even when I wasn't, and it has never been an issue. I've never had a jealous, clingy girlfriend.


Fair enough. i cant imagine having female friends to be honest. Yeah both my brothers have shockingly crazy/physco/ball breaking/jealous/etc girlfriends..


Might be because I was raised by women so I never had a male role model or anything. I often find it easier to talk to girls.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/2/15

Morbidhanson wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

iam actually very surprised to see males having so many female friends? are they your mates girlfriends?, your girlfriends friends(oh wait..), you must be single if you hang out with lots of girls???
Genuine questions.


They're all over. But I generally don't befriend my friends' significant others. From experience, I learned that things can get messy if/when they split and being caught between them sucks. I don't need that so I avoid it. I will still be friendly to them but I won't go out of my way to become real friends with them. Similarly, I usually don't befriend my significant other's friends.

Many of my female friends are taken but there are some singles mixed in. I am single but I've always been like this, even when I wasn't, and it has never been an issue. I've never had a jealous, clingy girlfriend.


Fair enough. i cant imagine having female friends to be honest. Yeah both my brothers have shockingly crazy/physco/ball breaking/jealous/etc girlfriends..


Might be because I was raised by women so I never had a male role model or anything. I often find it easier to talk to girls.


I was never close to my father and iam the eldest of my brothers but i had mates with older brothers or with older sisters and i guess i looked up to some of their sisters boyfriends and i was often in crowds and parties hanging around older people and that i guess.
I guess thinking back i was "friends" with girls who wanted to be more than that with me but i was shy and clueless

27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/15 , edited 7/2/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I was never close to my father and iam the eldest of my brothers but i had mates with older brothers or with older sisters and i guess i looked up to some of their sisters boyfriends and i was often in crowds and parties hanging around older people and that i guess.
I guess thinking back i was "friends" with girls who wanted to be more than that with me but i was shy and clueless



I was pretty clueless myself up until later in high school. I get along best with girls slightly older than me.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 7/2/15
Women!
I don't have to play the alpha-male bullshit with most of the women I know.

Guys are generally kind of stupid about that... I find I'm more of a "redneck" than most of the rednecks I know. Most of the men I know are surprised when they find out I can rebuild an engine, build my own computer, out-fish most of them and still make a good turkey and stuffing dinner for Thanksgiving . . . WITH candied yams and mashed potatoes . . . and pumpkin pie. Oh ... and put 5 rounds inside a quarter-inch at 300 yards with my 22-250.
10080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 7/2/15
I could use more friends in general. Females would make it a little more equal since most of my friends are male
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.