First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply The Perfect BattleField
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/15
I got to play BF3 again for the first in like 2 years. The game still has a healthy population. Plenty of servers to play the vanilla maps and they're full too. Can't say that about BF4.
77402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/15 , edited 7/22/15

Stay_Night wrote:

I got to play BF3 again for the first in like 2 years. The game still has a healthy population. Plenty of servers to play the vanilla maps and they're full too. Can't say that about BF4.


if you have difficulty finding servers in BF4, you might want to check you server filters, because if you look at the BF population tracker sites (ex: bf4stats.com / bf3stats.com / etc), you can see that at the moment (1:30 am EST)

BF4 has:
on PS3: 12 412 players (peak 24h: 24 406)
on PS4: 17 137 players (peak 24h 34 422)

on the other hand BF3 has
on PS3: 3 455 players

the best filter options to get a maximum amount of servers is
- the game mode you want to play
- normal or hardcore
- official
- your region

if you put filter for the number of free spots, it tends not to show servers even if they have the amount of free spots you specified.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/22/15 , edited 7/23/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:
commander dropping artillery on you all the time.
Attack choppers used to RAPE hard also.

I think you talk about the jets ;P (I found it easy to shoot down choppers else I could be a easy target, at least the car MG's worked on them..)
Artillery sometimes could be awfull (but having squads around and maybe such disabled or longer delay on them would work)


Being on foot i didn't die from jets THAT much but yes in vehicles i got killed by jets alot. I remember some maps had an attack chopper but no jets i think or not many jets.
Plus one of my mates was one of the best pilots in the world and we had good jet pilots in the clan also so really it was usually us doing all the raping in the attack chopper hey.
My clan mates used to make people rage HARD lol

Yeah the artillery was a pain but it made having a good commander so important. Plus it was good how you could go and take the artillery out with c4 and the enemy could not use it again until it was repaired.


CrazyBagBoy wrote:

I think they need to go back to historical games like WWII or, preferably Vietnam. Vietnam would be better because, while it still is historical, you still have a variety of weapons, attachments, gadgets, and camouflage.

I think COD over did the WWII too much and then you had medal of honor and that also.
The Vietnam expansion/DLC for um i think it BC2? was really cool.
They were supposed to release 1943 but it was scrapped.
Cant see it happening. 2143 more likely i reckon.


3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/15 , edited 7/23/15

ChuChuLain wrote:


Stay_Night wrote:

I got to play BF3 again for the first in like 2 years. The game still has a healthy population. Plenty of servers to play the vanilla maps and they're full too. Can't say that about BF4.


if you have difficulty finding servers in BF4, you might want to check you server filters, because if you look at the BF population tracker sites (ex: bf4stats.com / bf3stats.com / etc), you can see that at the moment (1:30 am EST)

BF4 has:
on PS3: 12 412 players (peak 24h: 24 406)
on PS4: 17 137 players (peak 24h 34 422)

on the other hand BF3 has
on PS3: 3 455 players

the best filter options to get a maximum amount of servers is
- the game mode you want to play
- normal or hardcore
- official
- your region

if you put filter for the number of free spots, it tends not to show servers even if they have the amount of free spots you specified.


I know how to use server browser. But on East US conquest servers vanilla maps, the game is empty, or something is wrong on EA/Dice's end (Or I'm an idiot) that is making it seem so. I can't play West US or European servers because my internet is too trash so it has to be East US.

The majority of the players are probably playing TDM and maybe Rush. That's what I had to play last time anyways and I was able to find servers. But of course I refuse to ever play that garbage on BF4.
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
It'd be cool if Dice could come up with something to stop the constant jet ramming on BF3. I'm not sure what they could do but maybe they could figure something out. Right now it's so easy that even jet debris will cause helicopters to explode if it hits them. And I don't care about realism because if I did I'd go play Arma or something. I just want a game that is competitive and jet ramming is not competitive imo.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
Rush EWWWWWWWW TDM UUUGGGHHHHH
Yeah jets often ram in BF4 also.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:
Yeah the artillery was a pain but it made having a good commander so important. Plus it was good how you could go and take the artillery out with c4 and the enemy could not use it again until it was repaired.

I think COD over did the WWII too much and then you had medal of honor and that also.

Yeah forgot about UVA, Arty and another could be destroyed.. like wow the newer ones don't even have that... (could have been a way better tactic in BF2 or more "used" or needed)

naaw, I wish so much for newer version of "Medal of Honor Airborn"

The brefing and some of the level/campaign was really good,.

Stay_Night wrote:
And I don't care about realism because if I did I'd go play Arma or something. I just want a game that is competitive and jet ramming is not competitive imo.

Arma si quite bad the devs said they it is cind of trying to be a mix of mil sim and "arcade".
Its engine is horrible and bad collison (some walls have this weird hitbox issues same for much else...
(I asked them about snow like in VBS mil sim for millitary but said it would maybe come in Arma 4... LOL)
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:
Yeah the artillery was a pain but it made having a good commander so important. Plus it was good how you could go and take the artillery out with c4 and the enemy could not use it again until it was repaired.

I think COD over did the WWII too much and then you had medal of honor and that also.

Yeah forgot about UVA, Arty and another could be destroyed.. like wow the newer ones don't even have that... (could have been a way better tactic in BF2 or more "used" or needed)

naaw, I wish so much for newer version of "Medal of Honor Airborn"

The brefing and some of the level/campaign was really good,.

Stay_Night wrote:
And I don't care about realism because if I did I'd go play Arma or something. I just want a game that is competitive and jet ramming is not competitive imo.

Arma si quite bad the devs said they it is cind of trying to be a mix of mil sim and "arcade".
Its engine is horrible and bad collison (some walls have this weird hitbox issues same for much else...
(I asked them about snow like in VBS mil sim for millitary but said it would maybe come in Arma 4... LOL)


Still, if I wanted to play something that was more realistic I'd play Arma. Battlefield has never been realistic so it shouldn't try to be.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

Stay_Night wrote:
Still, if I wanted to play something that was more realistic I'd play Arma. Battlefield has never been realistic so it shouldn't try to be.

Some but still like BF2 and with Prodject reality (and somewhat arma that got few things very wrong)
So about them they try to give a "realistic" combat scene or scenario (more or less) and sometimes it can feel quite "real".
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/24/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


Stay_Night wrote:
Still, if I wanted to play something that was more realistic I'd play Arma. Battlefield has never been realistic so it shouldn't try to be.

Some but still like BF2 and with Prodject reality (and somewhat arma that got few things very wrong)
So about them they try to give a "realistic" combat scene or scenario (more or less) and sometimes it can feel quite "real".


Honestly I've never really understood the want to play realistic games. Arma does look fun, but even Arma isn't completely realistic.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/24/15
So annoying when your having a really good round and the server crashes.....all points lost
3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/24/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

So annoying when your having a really good round and the server crashes.....all points lost :(


My internet is extremely bad. Like reallllllly bad. On BF3, my quit % is 37%, so I'm disconnecting for at least a third of my matches. It's the most annoying stuff ever.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/24/15 , edited 7/24/15

Stay_Night wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

So annoying when your having a really good round and the server crashes.....all points lost :(


My internet is extremely bad. Like reallllllly bad. On BF3, my quit % is 37%, so I'm disconnecting for at least a third of my matches. It's the most annoying stuff ever.


That's another thing about battlefield that has gone shit over the years. Ok so if the server crashes then thats just bad luck, you loose all your points (its weird though there seems to be different types of server crashes, some you do get your points some you dont), server crashes have always been a problem in the BF series (on the PC anyways) but thankfully they dont occur anywhere near as often as they have in the past (the first year or so of BF4 and the dreaded 1.3 patch in BF2 which almost killed the game).
Anyways, as i was saying lol, thats one shit thing about battlefied now, if you have internet problems like you, or if you get a drop out or a computer crash, game crash, what ever, in the past if you dropped out of a server but the server was still going, when you rejoined it remembered your score and you pick up where you left off.
Now, if you drop out and re join you loose everything, its like it over writes it. So if your having a good round your better off waiting until the end of the round or joing another server.
Not ideal if your playing with your mates.
Also I've seen peopel do a really lame and sad tactic(i heard that people do this in COD guess it spread to battlefied), if your having a real bad round nad your KDR sucks just leave and rejoin and you wont damage your stats. lame.

But yeah its not all about KDR and stats and points but at the same time that is a big part of it. I mean theres achievements/assignments/awards/medals/unlocks/etc but more so theres the ranking up.
So if your high rank and it takes a long time for next rank and your on a monster score and then you loose it all it can be very annoying and make you(well me anyhow) not want to bother playing.
Then theres the whole "what a waste of time"
And lets all be honest, we do care about KDR enough for it to suck if your owning and you loose it all due to a server crash.

People say dont play for stats just play for fun, i try to but the game crashing when your having a really good fun round isn't fun.

Its amazing also how the server always seems to only crash when iam having a particulary good round and its oh so painful if your gonna get MVP or when it happens right at the end with only a few tickets to go. Especially if its a high ticket server and its an even round so its been a LONG round.
Occasionally i get lucky and it crashed very early in the round so no real damage done and occasionally it happens when iam having a bad round.
lol.
Always make me think "fuck this game" but i always go back.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 7/24/15 , edited 7/24/15
My comment is completely poop. I just wanted to say that i'm gratful for how the battlefield players support there game. This is the 2nd time i've wasted $60 and I'll never pay for another Battlefield game again.
Preordered that unplayable BF4 and now everyone is avoiding Hardline like it's the plague, I bought the DLC for nothing and now i'm just out my money. 2 great experiences in a row, anyone that thinks this game is better that "Blank" umm thank you for showing me this awesome time :3
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Macedonia
Offline
Posted 7/24/15
bad company bruh
hardline is shitty af
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.