First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Pearl Harbor Jokes Trending
3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

VZ68 wrote:

Why are they picking on our JSDF bros?




That looks like something out of "Hetalia". And yes, its still unfortunate that people still make jokes about events like Pearl Harbor. I may have had two grandfathers who where stationed in the Pacific during WWII, but that didn't stop me from finding the Japanese fascinating. I went to Japan on vacation last year, did they roll over in their graves? I doubt it. In fact, my late maternal grandfather almost never talked about the war, other than the fact that he was usually traveling around in a military boat. He was older than most people in the army at the time and was delivering supplies to the soldiers. I'm sure he saw some awful things committed by both sides.
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15
I think its hilarious. the Japanese had it coming.
18910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15
Do not forget the cannibalism of captured allied POW's by Japanese in New Guinea, The experimental unit conducting bio-warfare on Allied POW's and Chinese Citizens in Manchuria for bio-bombs to be delivered to the American and Canadian West Coast by the IJN I-400 class submarines.

War is Hell. - W.T. Sherman 1864
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

sundin13 wrote:

Hm...So the 129,000+ people killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki wasn't enough?


Apparently not, compared to the over 10 million Japan slaughtered ISIS style across Asia, but still deny to this day. Hmmm....
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Greensboro North...
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
Eh they're free to make jokes but damn people at least say this is for Nanking, that was worse than Pearl Harbor
Posted 7/5/15

PapaGregory wrote:

Eh they're free to make jokes but damn people at least say this is for Nanking, that was worse than Pearl Harbor


THANK YOU for mentioning The Rape of Nanking. Now THAT was just indescribable. I mean fuck, Japanese soldiers put babies in ovens and raped people with swords ugh.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15
The jokes are bad, insensitive, and unnecessary. This isn't about "here comes the PC police"...the jokes are not funny and there is no need for them. For one, Japan got payback for Pearl Harbor, it is true. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese people (mostly civilians) died horrible deaths from fire bombings. And then the U.S. used two nuclear bombs on two Japanese cities. Secondly, post WW II, Japan has progressed greatly, became a nation of peace, and has become a great ally to the U.S. Japan is our greatest ally in Asia right now, and have been for decades.

And to put things into perspective, like someone in this thread said, if Japan won you shouldn't expect thousands of Japanese citizens making tasteless, insensitive WW II jokes in reference to America. You just got thousands of Americans doing it because frankly, a lot of Americans are rude, tasteless, insensitive jerks who think too highly of themselves and think Americans are worth more as human beings compared to everyone else.


Edit: The jokes are not so terrible, but I am a bit upset about it just because I'm upset with the way many Americans are and this has happened before. When the tsunami struck the power plant at Fukushima, many Americans went to twitter to post similar things. "This is payback to you Japs for Pearl Harbor" and some such was said by many. Stupid Americans saying such things despite the fact that Japan suffered plenty from American attacks during WW II, despite the fact that Japan did a total turn around post WW II and has become our greatest ally in Asia...and on top of this, to say such a thing in the face of a natural disaster that killed many Japanese people, just ordinary citizens like the average Joes in America and innocent of war crimes committed by their fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers.
23631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

teallerina wrote:

THANK YOU for mentioning The Rape of Nanking. Now THAT was just indescribable. I mean fuck, Japanese soldiers put babies in ovens and raped people with swords ugh.


Yup, is all disgusting. How is it people can approve or defend it is beyond me. The whole turn of the century was just vile, digusting and sick when you fully open up the history books. Not just Asia, us in Canada with the residential schools, no different. Us with the civil war, etc and the racism, same deal was happening.

It just flabbergasts my mind how people can have such mentality.
23631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

Dubnoman wrote:
And to put things into perspective, like someone in this thread said, if Japan won you shouldn't expect thousands of Japanese citizens making crude, insensitive WW II jokes in reference to America


I have to debate that one. Reason Japan is the way it is, they got a wake-up call. If they won, they wouldn't need to be making jokes because the US would be in one hell of a bad way to this day.

Japan is the way they are because those that were there when the fight came to their islands discovered that they awoke a dragon and their attitude was going to see them all burned to ash. To sum up, those that heard and saw the B-29 come, it would be like watching death itself come and point his bony finger right at you. When you are victim to events, you change your outlook on life.

1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
Some people have a lack of respect, but at this point people should have or HAVE gotten over it, we don't have anything to do with that stuff so why does it really matter, yes you should respect there sacrifices but a joke doesn't hurt nobody
23631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

CSPower wrote:

Some people have a lack of respect, but at this point people should have or HAVE gotten over it, we don't have anything to do with that stuff so why does it really matter, yes you should respect there sacrifices but a joke doesn't hurt nobody


Psychology is a complex thing. For many, making jokes about events devalue the cost of what happened. Not taking said history seriously and respecting it, well good ol history repeating itself.

1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

Vaporisor wrote:


CSPower wrote:

Some people have a lack of respect, but at this point people should have or HAVE gotten over it, we don't have anything to do with that stuff so why does it really matter, yes you should respect there sacrifices but a joke doesn't hurt nobody


Psychology is a complex thing. For many, making jokes about events devalue the cost of what happened. Not taking said history seriously and respecting it, well good ol history repeating itself.



It is a possibility, my previous statement is actually kind of hypocritical, but I guess by simply saying anything your wrong in some way ^~^
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
The jokes are just stupid and unfunny.
mel823 
11451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
Not surprised. Just your typical dumbasses on Twitter.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

Vaporisor wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:
And to put things into perspective, like someone in this thread said, if Japan won you shouldn't expect thousands of Japanese citizens making crude, insensitive WW II jokes in reference to America


I have to debate that one. Reason Japan is the way it is, they got a wake-up call. If they won, they wouldn't need to be making jokes because the US would be in one hell of a bad way to this day.

Japan is the way they are because those that were there when the fight came to their islands discovered that they awoke a dragon and their attitude was going to see them all burned to ash. To sum up, those that heard and saw the B-29 come, it would be like watching death itself come and point his bony finger right at you. When you are victim to events, you change your outlook on life.





I wasn't talking about Japan winning the war. When I said "if Japan won" I was talking about the football/soccer game. If Japan won the game, it is most likely that there would not be thousands of Japanese citizens on social media making jokes against America/Americans that are in reference to WW II.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.