First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Obama a failure as a president?
5387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
He did something that Bush couldn't do.

Kill Osama Bin Laden!

Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

CSPower wrote:


anzn wrote:

Only Racists say/ask that tbh (not saying you are).
He's doing great. And he's done a lot. A lot more than any other President we had.
I'm anxious in getting a new one unless it was like, Bernie Sanders.


Wrong, this question has been asked about every president >_>

He has made little to no indication that he was.
Also when its asked for other presidents, its like "What do you think of X as a President?" or "How good of a President is X?"
Yes, the wording matters.

Jwade316 wrote:

He did something that Bush couldn't do.

Kill Osama Bin Laden!


Also ended 2 wars.
No other president has done that before.
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

anzn wrote:


CSPower wrote:


anzn wrote:

Only Racists say/ask that tbh (not saying you are).
He's doing great. And he's done a lot. A lot more than any other President we had.
I'm anxious in getting a new one unless it was like, Bernie Sanders.


Wrong, this question has been asked about every president >_>

He has made little to no indication that he was.
Also when its asked for other presidents, its like "What do you think of X as a President?" or "How good of a President is X?"
Yes, the wording matters.

Jwade316 wrote:

He did something that Bush couldn't do.

Kill Osama Bin Laden!


Also ended 2 wars.
No other president has done that before.


What wars were that? At least 7 have been bombed under the Obama administration

7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
A few of Obama's notable achievements:

Healthcare reform
Climate change agreement with China
Normalized relations with Cuba
Ended Iraq War
Dodd-Frank Act
Helped to facilitate the legalization of gay marriage


One thing he most definitely hasn't been is inconsequential.
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

anzn wrote:


CSPower wrote:


anzn wrote:

Only Racists say/ask that tbh (not saying you are).
He's doing great. And he's done a lot. A lot more than any other President we had.
I'm anxious in getting a new one unless it was like, Bernie Sanders.


Wrong, this question has been asked about every president >_>

He has made little to no indication that he was.
Also when its asked for other presidents, its like "What do you think of X as a President?" or "How good of a President is X?"
Yes, the wording matters.

Jwade316 wrote:

He did something that Bush couldn't do.

Kill Osama Bin Laden!


Also ended 2 wars.
No other president has done that before.


Yes wording matters but its still not racist,it is only a coincidence that the only black president is one of high controversy
Banned
1567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
Worse than bush, and bush was bad
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

anzn wrote:


Also ended 2 wars.
No other president has done that before.


Truman ended WWII and the Korean War.

Edit: Nope, Eisenhower ended Korea.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

megahobbit wrote:
Whats so funny?


It's the same person. What he/she truly believes isn't going to change just because he'/she's a different party. Politics isn't about idealism. All politicians use the same skills. It's about making people happy, smoke and mirrors, and working behind the scenes. What you see is all publicity, if it weren't they'd have made all the "moral" changes already. Any person might be able to effect a change, if they can get other people to agree to it. But try getting the democrats in the 1850s to free the slaves, see how in favor of the idea they'd be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_switching_in_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_Democrat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-Eaters
They're both from the Democrat party, from way far back. Or well, not that far back, only about 100 years. Still within human memory certainly.
It's still the same party. And before you say "it's a hundred years ago and not representative."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat
How about these guys? 1948 was 60 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_and_conservative_support_for_Barack_Obama_in_2008
There are even republicans who voted for Obama. And Democrats who vote for the Republican candidate.

The point being that people are people. Giving them a label of "democrat" or "republican" means very little to who they are and what they vote for.
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

bobsagget wrote:

What wars were that? At least 7 have been bombed under the Obama administration


Afghanistan & Iraq.
What's the point in bringing up the bombings tho tbh
That's a part of war.

CSPower wrote:
Yes wording matters but its still not racist,it is only a coincidence that the only black president is one of high controversy

Never said it was racist.
That's just what racists say/wanna ask :/
39137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

CSPower wrote:

Yes wording matters but its still not racist,it is only a coincidence that the only black president is one of high controversy


And what coincidence would that be? Or, put another way, what has Obama done that has garnered so much controversy?
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/5/15

anzn wrote:


bobsagget wrote:

What wars were that? At least 7 have been bombed under the Obama administration


Afghanistan & Iraq.
What's the point in bringing up the bombings tho tbh
That's a part of war.

CSPower wrote:
Yes wording matters but its still not racist,it is only a coincidence that the only black president is one of high controversy

Never said it was racist.
That's just what racists say/wanna ask :/


In that sense nobody would be racist in your eyes for saying this, your point is invalid and the thread is devoid of racism, I'm done now, good bye thread
27638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 9/3/15
Yes. He's a horrible president. I'd vote Republican any day. If Hillary gets in office,
Posted 7/5/15

CSPower wrote:

In that sense nobody would be racist in your eyes for saying this, your point is invalid and the thread is devoid of racism, I'm done now, good bye thread

????
Ok then.
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / CS Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/5/15

Zoraprime wrote:


CSPower wrote:

Yes wording matters but its still not racist,it is only a coincidence that the only black president is one of high controversy


And what coincidence would that be? Or, put another way, what has Obama done that has garnered so much controversy?


How bout Obama care which allows people to have free insurance and be on unemployment, it is a stupid side affect that enrages many people,Kennedy,Roosevelt, and hooever else would also sustain high controversy for this, this is just an example but there are other controversial things as well, don't act like just because he's black everyone will automatically hate him idiot -.-
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/5/15 , edited 7/7/15

CSPower wrote:

How bout Obama care which allows people to have free insurance and be on unemployment, it is a stupid side affect that enrages many people,Kennedy,Roosevelt, and hooever else would also sustain high controversy for this, this is just an example but there are other controversial things as well, don't act like just because he's black everyone will automatically hate him idiot -.-


Sorry, that wasn't part of Obamacare.....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.