First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Women are Feelers, Men are Thinkers.
55115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 7/10/15

shinblade wrote:



Hey that's very zen ; kinda like in martial arts, you think about what you are going to do, but you have to be open to the 'feels' in case you need to change tactics.


Yea, I like that too, see..I'm already learning something..also, this thread isn't about thrashing/contrasting another sex.
13885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/15 , edited 7/10/15
Yay, evolution is fun. Women were dependend on being part of a group to provide for her, feelings were really importaint. Men had to survive for years on their own and slove problems by themselves, solutions were really importaint. Treat carefully, really advanced stuff.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/15
>Trying this hard to bait OP
14470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / I D ho
Offline
Posted 7/10/15 , edited 7/10/15

megahobbit wrote:

>Trying this hard to bait OP


inorite?

It's bad enough when the thread actually is sexist. We don't need people coming in and making it sexist when it's not. >_<
55115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 7/10/15

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:


CalifCat wrote:

I believe that at the core, females approach things in life in a "feeling" way, and men approach things in life in a "thinking" way.
Don't bombard me with "this is a sexist statement". I did say I believe, I didn't say we all are.


You're making a sweeping generalization about male and female behavior which has been held up as a stereotype forever, so your stated belief is sexist by definition. (I say this not to bombard you, but as a civilized reply to your post.)

I prefer to analyze behavior on an individual basis, myself.


And the generalization could be true. There is an obvious difference. But I also said I have changed, I feel completely emotionally detached now BECAUSE i have over thought things with feelings.
Posted 7/10/15
Whatever with the stereotypes.
Posted 7/10/15 , edited 7/10/15

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:


CalifCat wrote:

I believe that at the core, females approach things in life in a "feeling" way, and men approach things in life in a "thinking" way.
Don't bombard me with "this is a sexist statement". I did say I believe, I didn't say we all are.


You're making a sweeping generalization about male and female behavior which has been held up as a stereotype forever, so your stated belief is sexist by definition. (I say this not to bombard you, but as a civilized reply to your post.)
.


Stereotype, forever? that sounds like an archetype to me. but I don't know. But let me tie it in to what I think.

As for what I think. I agree that if were speaking about archetypes of males and females as in you can't have one without the other in essence inseparable, that tends to be the case or at least in the sense that Feeling and thinking are opposites like male and female, not that one is better than the other but both exist within males and females to varying degrees but we could say that that one could very well take on a masculine quality and the other Feminine.
8468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/15

CalifCat wrote:
And the generalization could be true. There is an obvious difference. But I also said I have changed, I feel completely emotionally detached now BECAUSE i have over thought things with feelings.


Wait a minute. I'm not talking about your individual problems. Those are your business. I just wanted to point out that your original statement is a classic example of circular reasoning:

"I believe something sexist, but it's not sexist because I believe it."

In other words, the premise is as much in need of proof as the conclusion, and no argument based on this defect can persuade.

Anyway, I've made my contribution to this thread, and I won't be caught up in the rest. Good luck, folks.
55115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 7/10/15

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:


CalifCat wrote:
And the generalization could be true. There is an obvious difference. But I also said I have changed, I feel completely emotionally detached now BECAUSE i have over thought things with feelings.


Wait a minute. I'm not talking about your individual problems. Those are your business. I just wanted to point out that your original statement is a classic example of circular reasoning:

"I believe something sexist, but it's not sexist because I believe it."

In other words, the premise is as much in need of proof as the conclusion, and no argument based on this defect can persuade.

Anyway, I've made my contribution to this thread, and I won't be caught up in the rest. Good luck, folks.


I hope to have your scientific approaches one day with no feelings attached. It's progress. Me, right now being emotionally detached shows me I am on my way.
Posted 7/10/15 , edited 7/10/15
Interesting.

I've always felt like a bit of an exception myself. I kind of base most of my decisions on how I feel. In fact, certain feelings dictate how I operate (in some cases, to an almost unhealthy extent).

'Shrugs" ~ I guess it's an interesting generalization to ponder. I don't put much stock into any generalizations when it comes to people though. In my experience, lumping people into categories never really ends well and just leads to unnecessary prejudgment, but it's a fun exercise sometimes.

Oddly enough, I used to have a female friend who was the exact opposite. She would think about things almost without emotions, and because of it, we didn't get along very well (as to me personally, she seemed rather cold at times).
55115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 7/10/15

seekerperson7 wrote:

Interesting.

I've always felt like a bit of an exception myself. I kind of base most of my decisions on how I feel. In fact, certain feelings dictate how I operate (in some cases, to an almost unhealthy extent).

'Shrugs" ~ I guess it's an interesting generalization to ponder. I don't put much stock into any generalizations when it comes to people though. In my experience, lumping people into categories never really ends well and just leads to unnecessary prejudgment, but it's a fun exercise sometimes.

Oddly enough, I used to have a female friend who was the exact opposite. She would think about things almost without emotions, and because of it, we didn't get along very well (as to me personally, she seemed rather cold at times).


I struggle with that, I have been labeled either too cold, frigid in fact, and also the complete opposite too, too emotional/sentimental, sensitive.
I do believe there are exceptions to the generalization as you describe.
1110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/10/15
I'd just like to say I'm a man and I don't think about anything before I do things XD
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/15 , edited 7/11/15
Individual cases don't have an awful lot to do with the legitimacy or illegitimacy of trends and overall statistics. It is impractical or impossible to decide everything on a case-by-case basis, which is why generalizations exist and humans have the ability to pre-judge and learn from experience.

Clearly, men are able to feel and women are able to think so, obviously, there are exceptions. We all know there are exceptions. But those can't really be applied to everyone, which is the reason why people bring up exceptions in the first place. I think OP is saying that men tend to rely more heavily on thinking while women tend to rely more heavily on feeling.

Probably going to get some flak for this, but stereotypes more often than not contain some truth. I'm just going to leave it at that. The topic is not sexist. People getting offended by it make it seem sexist. In truth, OP didn't really even say much, yet people are reading deeply into it and coming up with the worst conclusions. We're going to need more if we want to point fingers and cry sexism. The statement is only sexist to you if you value one above the other. Thinking and feeling are useful and detrimental in their own respective ways. There's no need to fret.
8772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ATL - GA
Offline
Posted 7/10/15
My step dad was talking about this just the other day.

We don't agree on many things.
7881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / SCANDINAVIA
Offline
Posted 7/10/15
So this is the ordeal of this forum now?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.